Forza Horizon Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 682 comments
I just left this over at the linked page.

Oh boy, we really will be getting good value for money if this is paid DLC.

I'm sure I'll be moderated, but for heaven's sake, don't ruin the Forza franchise with lazy DLC, the Motorsport series has consistently excellent DLC.

Not the Rocket Bunny FR-S.

AY0F3277-Hi-600x375.jpeg

Not the Evasive Motorsports FR-S, either.

Evasive-FRS-01.jpg

No, we're getting the dullest tuner FR-S possible.

/edit: Guess who posted directly below you, VXR :lol:

Surprise surprise, people ready to defend the devs. As for the one who says it's like a new car to him, he must be visually impaired and a bit soft headed...

Some folks really make me lose hope for humanity. They're readdy to buy whatever, as long as it's "official". You could sell them a 240SX with a turbo slapped on and a sloppy paintjob and they'd buy it and probably claim it to be the best thing ever.

That's why we can't have nice things.

Havent even bothered responding to that thread over there. Topics like those just give me a headache. I am not pleased with any of the DLC released. I have gotten the october pack from a friend, but what I'm wondering is what new car has came in DLC yet? By new car I mean completely new car to the series, rather then the same car with more horsepower?

I dont think anything new have been in these packs yet.(to lazy to check. If wrong, then I'm sorry.)

They must really want to hurt sales of Season Passes for future games or at least day one purchases of same.

Oh, I hadn't noticed your post earlier. Sorry about that.

We're getting an FRS we can recreate in both FM4 and Horizon, outside of the rear lamps and the interior.

33zch9w.jpg

I was thinking about pikes peak today, and how it could potentially be included in a future update. So I got playing with google earth, and was comparing the map size of Horizon to real-world places. And the results were a little disheartening...

In this diagram, I've scaled (roughly, but within probably 1 or 2% accuracy) the Horizon map 1:1 with a real location in Colorado, the area between CO Springs and Pikes Peak:

horizon_map_size.jpg

As you can see, the entire map of Horizon is only slightly larger than Pikes Peak itself (the playable area is probably smaller), and much smaller than even Colorado Springs, which isn't exactly a massive city. I also found that most of Horizon's world would fit pretty comfy on Manhattan Island (about 3 times as wide, but only 2/3 Manhattan's length) I think this explains why Horizon never feels as vast as the name has pretensions of suggesting. You can run clear from one side of the map to the other in about 5 minutes. Hell, the entire map is only about 5 times larger than the space enclosed by the Nurburgring...

Basically, I'm suggesting that Pikes Peak is not going to be possible in Horizon. Not ever.

An amusing aside: Assuming that the proportion of the largest mountain in the game (NE corner of the map) is similar to Pikes Peak, and it's scaled according to the map above, it's summit is probably only slightly higher than 1/4 mile (1400ish feet) in game.

*This is based on the reasonably popularly held belief that Horizon is about 63 square miles, which I think is correct.

**Awaits the flames.

They must really want to hurt sales of Season Passes for future games or at least day one purchases of same.

To be very honest, this is the first season pass i've purchased... and if these next 6 monthes of packs turn out to be like this whole thing of that yellow "tuned" FR-S.... I don't want to regret it.... but with the November pack this $50 I spent isn't going to be a honest one. Just ports.

The November pack was a let down just to be very straight forward, but I also had Halo 4 that sameday of release. So I'm not really paying attention to it. I do feel, even though they are more of just "updated" models of the October pack... the Gumpert Apollo Enraged and the 599XX EVO was something very notable to me.

But then I think that I bought the Boss302 Mustang twice ( in FM4 DLC as well ), it gets me right in the feels...

To be very honest, this is the first season pass i've purchased... and if these next 6 monthes of packs turn out to be like this whole thing of that yellow "tuned" FR-S.... I don't want to regret it.... but with the November pack this $50 I spent isn't going to be a honest one. Just ports.
I think the rally expansion in December is going to make me regret buying the pass less. I even bought some tokens and a treasure map as well since I don't really feel like grinding to get the cash for the cars. What the heck... it's the only game I'm buying or playing for the rest of this year.

...the largest mountain in the game (NE corner of the map)...
That mountain is actually due east, past the waterfall near Finley Dam and off the map. The snowy splotch in the NE corner is something else.

I'm keeping my expectations extremely low for December's DLC. Expecting at least three cars from FM4 and hopefully one descent car.

As for the RJ DeVera FR-S.. I don't understand why they picked that car out of all the Toyobaru BR86's in the show.

I was thinking about pikes peak today, and how it could potentially be included in a future update. So I got playing with google earth, and was comparing the map size of Horizon to real-world places. And the results were a little disheartening...

In this diagram, I've scaled (roughly, but within probably 1 or 2% accuracy) the Horizon map 1:1 with a real location in Colorado, the area between CO Springs and Pikes Peak:

horizon_map_size.jpg

As you can see, the entire map of Horizon is only slightly larger than Pikes Peak itself (the playable area is probably smaller), and much smaller than even Colorado Springs, which isn't exactly a massive city. I also found that most of Horizon's world would fit pretty comfy on Manhattan Island (about 3 times as wide, but only 2/3 Manhattan's length) I think this explains why Horizon never feels as vast as the name has pretensions of suggesting. You can run clear from one side of the map to the other in about 5 minutes. Hell, the entire map is only about 5 times larger than the space enclosed by the Nurburgring...

Basically, I'm suggesting that Pikes Peak is not going to be possible in Horizon. Not ever.

An amusing aside: Assuming that the proportion of the largest mountain in the game (NE corner of the map) is similar to Pikes Peak, and it's scaled according to the map above, it's summit is probably only slightly higher than 1/4 mile (1400ish feet) in game.

*This is based on the reasonably popularly held belief that Horizon is about 63 square miles, which I think is correct.

**Awaits the flames.

Holy hell talk about analysis! Nothing in Horizon is in proportion to Colorado :lol: they may add pikes peak... I mean Red Rocks is about 100 miles away from "Colorado Springs" their locations of towns are mixed to start with so I'm sure they could find a way to branch into Pukes peak.

Holy hell talk about analysis! Nothing in Horizon is in proportion to Colorado :lol: they may add pikes peak... I mean Red Rocks is about 100 miles away from "Colorado Springs" their locations of towns are mixed to start with so I'm sure they could find a way to branch into Pukes peak.

Well I am an architect*...:P

*Architect is a protected title and I am not yet an architect, but, for all intents and purposes, I do the job of an architect and I have the education of one.

The article has been updated with the video and the Halo Edition SVT Raptor.

The latter of which I don't even understand; it's unbelievably stupid, free or ont.

Back