Forza Motorsport 4 Coming to Xbox One via Backwards Compatibility?

nice, but, PC version?
A PC version of Xbox backwards compatibility?!?

Would be nice but, erm, no. This isn't a conversion. It's a software emulation of the old Xbox 360 system running on Xbox One hardware.

I'm on PC only but would buy a used Xbox if this happend.
Forza 3/4 are some of my all time favorites.

Seeing as cars from the earlier games are making their way into Forza Horizon 4, perhaps Turn 10 are renewing all the licenses necessary to relist Forza Motorsport 4 on the Xbox Store - or better yet, make it free via Games with Gold! :drool:

Yes please!
And whilst their at it, Grid, PGR4 & Dirt 2.

So. Much. Yes. 👍

Would be great to play it with what I find the better controller. I never felt I had much control with the 360 pad, plus the 3rd party one I've been using is a bit stiff.

I wanted to make something clear in case anyone was wondering.

My coincidence remark is more so directed to the 360-era cars returning in Forza Horizon 4 (look where the emphasis is :P), and not so much they're returning to FH4 because FM4 is possibly joining the BC list. Though, reading over it again you could spin it either way I realize.

Regardless, I wanted to make what I intended to come across a little bit clearer.

Talking about beloved cars, hopefully I will be able to drive my amazing MR2 MK1, I spent ages tinkering with it and slayed plenty of giants online, it was my baby!

Nice, now i can make high quality comparisons for FM4 VS FM7 :). It wil be interesting to see how far the graphics advanced and see the difference in car models.

Of course the cars are important, but I would also love to get this for all the race circuits we lost. Yes, Fujimi Kaido, of course, but look at the other tracks we haven't had since FM4:
Monserrat
-Camino Viejo de Montserrat
-Iberian International Circuit
-Ladera Test Track
Rally di Positano
Sedona Raceway Park
Sunset Peninsula Raceway
Test Track Benchmark
Tsukuba Circuit
Twin Ring Motegi

Maybe throw in Amalfi, the New York Circuit and Sidewinder Proving Grounds from FM3 while they're at it. Why not? If the car list is going to suffer from licensing issues, then more tracks would go a long ways to making this a worthwhile purchase.

Of course the cars are important, but I would also love to get this for all the race circuits we lost. Yes, Fujimi Kaido, of course, but look at the other tracks we haven't had since FM4:
Monserrat
-Camino Viejo de Montserrat
-Iberian International Circuit
-Ladera Test Track
Rally di Positano
Sedona Raceway Park
Sunset Peninsula Raceway
Test Track Benchmark
Tsukuba Circuit
Twin Ring Motegi

Maybe throw in Amalfi, the New York Circuit and Sidewinder Proving Grounds from FM3 while they're at it. Why not? If the car list is going to suffer from licensing issues, then more tracks would go a long ways to making this a worthwhile purchase.

I've ranted about this somewhere once before (ForzaPlanet?) but I never understood the decision to create fictional tracks from scratch, only to relegate them to a recycling bin in later games. If it's a popularity contest, and it very well could be, my response is this: who cares?

Rework the track, don't remove it wholesale never to be heard from again.

I still have my physical copy and my XBOX 360. So this won't affect me too much. In fact, I still have all the Forza titles!

However, this will give people a chance who don't currently own this title, or never had it to give this title a try. This is exciting news, if this is true. The only worry is the DLC for the game. Fortunately, I still have it downloaded on my 360.

As far as the track thing, I still would like to see remakes of the fictional circuits from the first game. I much prefer them over the more recent ones.

I've ranted about this somewhere once before (ForzaPlanet?) but I never understood the decision to create fictional tracks from scratch, only to relegate them to a recycling bin in later games. If it's a popularity contest, and it very well could be, my response is this: who cares?

Rework the track, don't remove it wholesale never to be heard from again.

I agree with this. Polyphony has tried to include their fictional tracks (not all) in each subsequent release, whether it was included from day one or DLC later on. The only real exception is GT Sport.

1: Autovista? Sorry, but the game has always called it Forzavista. Never seen Autovista anywhere.
2: Clarkson didn't do the World Tour mode, that was the narrator.
3: Most commentary for Forzavista was also by the narrator, not Clarkson.

Anyway, I have the original disc, but I wonder whether the second disc content will work... I guess I'll have to find out. And what about the bundle versions? That'll be interesting.

1: Autovista? Sorry, but the game has always called it Forzavista. Never seen Autovista anywhere.

You may want to inform T10 of that fact.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/games/fm4/features
autovista.PNG

Nope.

2: Clarkson didn't do the World Tour mode, that was the narrator.

I do believe you're actually right about this one. That's my memory failing me.

I Appreciate this one.

3: Most commentary for Forzavista was also by the narrator, not Clarkson.

You're arguing semantics with this one. Clarkson still provided narration for Autovista, whether it was the minority or otherwise.

This has nothing to do with what's in it, but the page on mobile doesn't zoom properly and constantly flashes between different levels of zoom. Only fix for me is to request the desktop site.
I know, that was probably a memory thing or different versions of the game.
You're arguing semantics with this one. Clarkson still provided narration for Autovista, whether it was the minority or otherwise.
I know. Point 3 was a statement, not criticism.

Last edited:
Back