Forza Motorsport 5 Gameplay Videos

• Thread starter King1982
  • 301 comments
I don't think T10 have ever showed replays in the build up to a release

They did for Forza 2 - the video where the faster car raced a small car after a delay. Suzuka

Forza 3 had a demo with full replay options on Camino Veijo. I know cos I spent ages on it

Forza 4 had a demo but no replay

I'm a replays guy. Videos are my thing ;-)

That was a great video! Man I really hope we see those MP4-12C GT3s available as DLC soon too!

Wont be long i guess.

qlvDHOK.jpg

Cap from the Mclaren vid

Well lets hope they raise their game, Replays in Forza have never really been something to shout about

In FM4 there where about 12 different camera POV in replay mode that each had about 10 variations. The replay cameras where never the greatest but from what i've seen up till now i think we will get the reallife camera POV from the real world racetracks.

Hmmm, the Audi video was great, loved the side by side racing with the "A.I"

The Lotus video not so much, I hope the DRS doesn't automatically open after a certain speed and on full throttle (like the chevelle ss in FM4's bonnet vent) also not feeling the "hood cam" I would have preferred they went with a T-cam like we saw in the launch trailer

The FM5 audio does sound a little wonky, but I think that's down to the fact that F1 engines gain and lose revs so quickly.

I guess with Forza's sound solution, it's either quicker or purposefully built to modulate set frequencies rather than going through different samples at such a quick clip.

(I have no clue how sound design works or if what I just wrote makes sense)

The sound of the engine is spot on, but there's something very off about downshifts. It has that same "digital" sound artifact that plagues GT5.
No, its the Lotus characteristic sound. Its smoother than Ferrari or Mclaren.

In the Forza video, listen to the downshifts at 1:17. Then go to 7:45 in the video you posted and listen to the downshifts there.

There is still a transition in the sounds though unlike the FM5 audio, here's the Codie's one for comparison

R18 E-Tron at LeMans

E21 Lotus at Yas Marina

Man that A.I. Drivatar in the R18 video in the final corner. He kept it superclean while being in attack mode. Really pleased to see that.

The E21 video was really good. Even in chase cam wich i never use while driving F1 2011/12/13 looked really good.
I actually liked the engine note and downshift sounds. Blududup blududud Lmao.

R18 E-Tron at LeMans

Man that A.I. Drivatar in the R18 video in the final corner. He kept it superclean while being in attack mode. Really pleased to see that.

The E21 video was really good. Even in chase cam wich i never use while driving F1 2011/12/13 looked really good.

Only the tyres dont really seem to rotate much and dont look all that good imo. They should work on that.

E21 Lotus at Yas Marina Forza 5

E21 Lotus at Yas Marina F1 2013 PC

Last edited:
In the Forza video, listen to the downshifts at 1:17. Then go to 7:45 in the video you posted and listen to the downshifts there.
All I see is the player downshifting faster in Forza (transitions still there), and some fluctuations (because of ABS on?). My guess its using automatic shifting in the Forza video.

Just watched the 3 videos switching between them and Forza sound is closer to the real video than F1 2013.

All I see is the player downshifting faster in Forza (transitions still there), and some fluctuations (because of ABS on?). My guess its using automatic shifting in the Forza video.
Good point about transmission type. When I played the FM5 demo last night, my first round with the F12 was manual and my second round I switched to manual w/clutch. The difference in up/downshifts was very noticeable and much more precise with the clutch.

Just watched the 3 videos switching between them and Forza sound is closer to the real video than F1 2013.

No one is arguing that the Forza sound isn't great, I think the engine itself sounds fantastic high up the revs, but it's the gear down sound transition where things get a little iffy, it's almost as if the audio stops all together (engine included) and then starts up again once the gear has changed

E21 Lotus at Yas Marina Forza 5

E21 Lotus at Yas Marina F1 2013 PC

Wow after sincing the videos to the same spot there's no doubt that FM5 on X1 looks much better than F1 2013 on PC...the E21 and the Track!

R18 E-Tron at LeMans

All the 3D trees in the run from Mulsanne Corner to Indianapolis. Wow. Thats what next gen is all about. Gives you a much better feeling of actually being there when the environment looks fleshed out and stunning. Not to mention the great looking spectators everywhere else

+ 1 about the AI. It looks really good and from other feedback from interviews the drivatar system is shaping up to be a truley next gen feature

No one is arguing that the Forza sound isn't great, I think the engine itself sounds fantastic high up the revs, but it's the gear down sound transition where things get a little iffy, it's almost as if the audio stops all together (engine included) and then starts up again once the gear has changed
That may actually have a lot to do with being in auto, because(and it might just be me) it sounds much better toward the end of the launch trailer:

Back