Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Where dreams are Realised

• Thread starter phillgt2002
  • 1,397 comments
I hope you're right. My biggest worry is that by moving to a new platform, they've going to be cautious in how many new features they're going to add versus refining what's already there.
That would be a missed opportunity from their part, let's see @ E3 but if it really would be "just" FM4.5 with next gen graphics, i won't go for the whole package at launch then...

Then again i do have faith in T10, something i completely lost with PD haha :)

Forza Motorsport 5 will run at 60 frames per second, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer has told Edge magazine.

Confirmation of the smooth frame rate will come as a great relief to series fans who have been left wondering since the game's announcement last month.

Official word came as the Microsoft Studios chief revealed there will be no minimum performance requirements (such as resolution or frame rate) set for games released on Xbox One.

"There were games that shipped on 360 that were less than 720p," said Spencer. "It's important we give creators the best tools to create the best experience possible and I don't think that platform holders can dictate what the internal frame buffer size should be.

"Forza 5 runs at 60 frames per second, but other people will make different trade-offs. I think it's important - maybe because I'm a studio guy - that you give freedom to the creator because today, through lighting techniques and post effects, resolution is not the thing that maximises beauty."

Spencer concluded: "Some of the most beautiful games of this generation are not dictated by how many pixels they're pushing to the screen. Motion blur, antialiasing, lighting: all of these things come into play. We just give developers the tools and let them make the right creative decisions."

The article can be found here.

I wonder what the resolution of FM5 will be now.

I never knew that 60FPS was ever in question, but it's always good to hear it's confirmed.

These past (not even) two weeks have been pretty slow with only a 1 minute trailer to talk about. :lol:

i1JKo9JoQ3siv.png

Let the speculation begin!

There's at least some element of weather from the "Hazy" description. The label underneath it is too short to say weather, though.

The white M5 - Is that dirt?! One big clue that it is is the wheels - in the pic above they are silver but below they are much darker. Unless they added the ability to paint stock wheels...

Underneath the white M5, am I seeing a broken windshield in the 3rd pic?

Looks to match up quite well. That dirtyness on the m5 is a good touch. I also noticed it says "spring" next to hazy, would it be safe to assume that you might get tracks that have multiple seasons for it? Something like a snowed winter track

EDIT: Now that I look at it again, I'm not so sure it says spring

I thought it said, "SPRING" as well. Upon a second look, it looks like it might just be abbreviated to "SPRG" as well as it saying "Season" underneath it.

And then there's this nugget: Underneath it is "Humidity" at 45%. Signs are looking better for actual rain!

Given everything in that box is track conditions, I'd feel safe with it being "Spring".

I'm curious about the cut-off page for "The Journey"...

These are just guesses, but from what I can make out in the damage page, it appears to be a Citroen DS3, Lambo Murcielago, and... Caddy CTS-V Wagon?!

I'm curious about the cut-off page for "The Journey"...

These are just guesses, but from what I can make out in the damage page, it appears to be a Citroen DS3, Lambo Murcielago, and... Caddy CTS-V Wagon?!

I would say the lower section of the damage page would be real cars used as sources for the damage modelling.

Latest news sounds great to me!

That 9 min video showed the Madcatz (former Saitek) wheel which is an X360 wheel so not yet confirmed but unless this is a new version of it specifically for XO I'm guessing current X360 wheels will work with the XO? I'd prefer open wheel support but so far this has me at ease over the doom n gloom stuff being posted about MS and possibly losing Fanatec and other X360 wheels.

Did u guys notice the M5 under cameras looks a lot like Forza 4? It has the same background.

Well, atleast they dont use cars from FM 2 or FM 1 without cockpits. 👍

The new location in Prague looks really good. I wonder how it would look at night. If weather is in the game, I will buy it 10 times... :drool:

With the cars exploding to show the components, I can only go on to say that we will be able to do that on any part of the track on photomode. If you go back and watch you will see that the cars are being shown off in different parts of the track... If that is true then.. I must get an Xbox One.

Should I start E3 proofing this thread?

A shorter video.

Last edited:
Back