Forza Motorsport 5 Pictures Thread

• Thread starter King1982
  • 1,011 comments
379e21a8-b34d-42eb-9b42-602b9d2d1dd7.jpg

c15e6b85-00d4-4592-92cb-561e6bb455bc.jpg

466a5fc2-4309-4537-b206-24e5db262ad2.jpg

5283d515-54f1-4916-8a41-8de3dcf2b951.jpg

@Chromatic Wow those highress ones are great. Silverstone looks almost photorealistic...

Here's a side by side with FM4.

Last edited:
I have the CE on pre-order, but didn't originally intend to get a XOne til' later on. I may have to now after looking at these shots. :drool:

uhhhh
1080pscreens.png

the images from your own post are very clearly 1920x1080

Native is the key word

I'm talking about the game render, not the size of the image file.

GT5 is 1280x1080 and upscales to 1920x1080, game is 1280x1080

COD is 1024x600 and upscales to 1280x720

Forza 3/4 are 1280x720, no upscale.

Ryse is running at 900p, not 1080p as of the latest post by MS

ah. And how can you tell this from pictures?

You can count the pixels and aliasing.

A native image will have perfect 1 to 1 pixel ratio, any upscale will show as double pixels which can makes things like jaggies more obvious, blurry image quality than native.

I'm not saying Forza 5 100% is 900p but looks roughly that to me but I'm not the expert at 100% proving this and I only counted the vertical res. Best wait for one of the guys on beyond3d to have a look.
http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1113344

Also the final release may be 1080p native, these things have gone up and down in the xbox one cycle like Ryse going down to 900p, BF4 is said to be higher than 720p for multiplayer but not confirmed 1080p so far.

1600x900 or higher like 940p is pretty good though and FM5 should look clean enough on a 1080p monitor.

Last edited:
You can count the pixels and aliasing.

A native image will have perfect 1 to 1 pixel ratio, any upscale will show as double pixels which can makes things like jaggies more obvious, blurry image quality than native.

I'm not saying Forza 5 100% is 900p but looks roughly that to me but I'm not the expert at 100% proving this and I only counted the vertical res. Best wait for one of the guys on beyond3d to have a look.
http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1113344

Also the final release may be 1080p native, these things have gone up and down in the xbox one cycle like Ryse going down to 900p, BF4 is said to be higher than 720p for multiplayer but not confirmed 1080p so far.

1600x900 or higher like 940p is pretty good though and FM5 should look clean enough on a 1080p monitor.

Dan already said its 1080p native.

The directfeed footage looks native too. Most aliasing is due to reflections, that are very crisp.

Dont know why they showed Benese Alps though. Seems like it has a ton of bugs. The cockpit view lighting was totally off in the Dan presentation.

Dont know why they showed Benese Alps though. Seems like it has a ton of bugs. The cockpit view lighting was totally off in the Dan presentation.
I'm guessing it had less to do with any given track and more to do with the build. Prague and Laguna probably have their own issues that need to be sorted out. Since he was navigating through what looks to be the final UI, perhaps he had to choose this track so as not to give away any secrets in the menus by accident.

Does anyone else feels weird looking at the R34 GTR in Forza 5 official picture release ? I think the model used is only a little more accurate than in FM4 - not talking polygon count or details, but more of shape and size, as well as measurement.

Forza 5 1080p GTR R34 :

df8e6a3b-9997-4577-bc11-54ca85c74bb2.jpg

FM 4 :

2002_nissan_skyline_gt_r_v_spec_ii.jpg

Real life :

Nissan_Skyline_R34_GT-R_N%C3%BCr_001.jpg

From what I can see, the Forza 5 and 4 has similar inaccurate rear fender flare - where it ended near the door and the overall shape ( real life is more subtle IMO ), the hood shape ( curve ) is a bit off, the front bumper - right under the headlight, the side section ( too well defined / chiseled instead of smooth one in real life ? ), and the wheels :/ looks off - the rear wheel shape / spoke is most noticeable and is it the offset or tread that makes the wheel pokes out more than in real life :/ It might be just me, please don't flame me.

Did Turn10 says they remade all the cars in FM5 ? I wonder if some cars like R34 GTR will have the same model quality ( accuracy and finer details ) like the supercars - ie McLaren P1 or Pagani Huayra, or is it ?

Last edited:
When it comes to the more subtle curves on a car you need a more similar angle and lighting to really make a call on accuracy. I know with the right lighting you can even make a real car look different than it would under normal lighting conditions, so without a more similar set up I can't tell how much of a factor that really is.

FM4 model is accurate enough that do not need a rework imo. Its a 400~500 car game.

Also, I think Turn10 need to do some ajustments in the models because of the placement of vinyls, which induce for some of the inaccuracies too. But its just a guess.

^ The R32 GTR in FM4 was bad IMO, lots of modeling inaccuracies, hopefully in FM5, the R32 if exist will be better. The FM5 R34 GTR picture I posted above, the wheel spokes shape and offset seems to be off, almost carried over from FM4.

The R32 I agree that it needs a rework. The R34 I almost certain its the same model from FM4, and just like I said it doesn't need to be redone imo.

I don't mean it to be redone, just minor touch up on the rear fender flare, front bumper, hood and fix the wheel spoke shape and offset/tread - the wheel pokes out a bit IMO compared to a real stock R34 car. You can see it on the pictures I posted above, quite obvious I think :).

King, it's time to knock that off.

The multiple posts, posting the same information in multiple threads, posting nonsense like what I've just deleted - it all ends. Now.

Excitement is one thing but posting content simply to get a rise out of someone when you could very well post in the appropriate thread (which you've done before and multiple times at that) isn't the point of this thread.

King, it's time to knock that off.

The multiple posts, posting the same information in multiple threads, posting nonsense like what I've just deleted - it all ends. Now.

Excitement is one thing but posting content simply to get a rise out of someone when you could very well post in the appropriate thread (which you've done before and multiple times at that) isn't the point of this thread.

Oh my bad for not knowing you cant post the same related content over different threads. :irked: And im not posting anything to 'get a rise' out of anyone.

"it all ends. Now." Sounds a bit dramatic dont you think? I will carefully take your suggestions in consideration and will stop posting "Nonsense".

Last edited:
Back