Forza Motorsport 5 Pictures Thread

• Thread starter King1982
  • 1,011 comments
1380573_634253279930916_67516318_n.jpg

On their facebook page, it says more shots from Bathurst are coming today.

I don't mean it to be redone, just minor touch up on the rear fender flare, front bumper, hood and fix the wheel spoke shape and offset/tread - the wheel pokes out a bit IMO compared to a real stock R34 car. You can see it on the pictures I posted above, quite obvious I think :).

To be honest, I don't see what are you are talking about. The rear fender flares appear to start at the same spot compared to the real picture you posted. As someone else posted, it's really tough to make a 100% comparison as all the pictures are at different angles with different lighting.

Either way, I'd say that the model is pretty darn close to the original even if those inaccuracies you mentioned are there. But that's just my opinion.

To be honest, I don't see what are you are talking about. The rear fender flares appear to start at the same spot compared to the real picture you posted. As someone else posted, it's really tough to make a 100% comparison as all the pictures are at different angles with different lighting.

Either way, I'd say that the model is pretty darn close to the original even if those inaccuracies you mentioned are there. But that's just my opinion.

I just felt something is off, the wheels are the first I noticed. FM4 and FM5 models are very similar to my surprise. It's just me, nothing that would matter much :)

Not if you look at the background and the overall reflections :P

The car itself certainly looks real, more so than any other game I've seen so far.

What's worrying me though, is the bizarre shadow...

Agreed. At such a low sun angle, I would expect the shadows to be much more diffused and not show individual leaf shadows.

Well, the longer the distance is between the object an its shadow, the more diffuse the shadow should be.

But surely, that must be a minor issue. After all, it's a driving game - those shadows will pass by at 100 miles per hour. It will look real enough.

But surely, that must be a minor issue. After all, it's a driving game - those shadows will pass by at 100 miles per hour. It will look real enough.

Also agreed! There are some here who desire photo realism in this game from both environment and cars. It's not quite there yet, but it is just a few nits away, I think.

Gonna Pull a King1982 here (I'm just having fun, I appreciate your bounty of FM images, King) and slap up this bad boy from the WIR.

6ca044f0-df00-413c-b310-8142ccc9a2b1.jpg

Here's just the TV screen with some unhelpful changes to the contrast and exposure.

0ed78126-7a59-4c3b-9da4-d2d40e46d14a.jpg

Here's the representative Google Streetview from the real circuit.

con.png

Last edited:
Hmmm, judging by the 300SL and Huayra's ratings, the game will skew a bit more towards the higher-performance cars than FM4 does. Not surprising considering the smaller car list.

I wouldn't take any shown PI numbers as reality until you're holding the game in your hands. PI will continue to be rebalanced and tweaked until it hits the shelves.

giphy.gif

Damn that Muira though..

:drool:

Totally offtopic but here it goes:

Just found out if you press right stick during racing in Fm4 (tyre and damage indicator pops up)
Its those little details in the Ui that makes this game so good.

Last edited:
Why did they keep overcast. I hated that track so much when trying to photograph anything.

Also, Imari, you dont really need photoshop to tone down the images. It can all be done with the sliders.

Why did they keep overcast. I hated that track so much when trying to photograph anything.

Also, Imari, you dont really need photoshop to tone down the images. It can all be done with the sliders.

Can you do that in FM4? I wouldn't really know, I'm not a photomode sort of guy, and I'm far too lazy to put down the wheel and pick up my controller for the sake of a few photos.

I just know what happens when I fiddle around with the FM5 images that are around at the moment in Photoshop, and I assume that you could mess with your TV output in similar ways if you were so inclined.

Back