Forza Motorsport 6 Alpinestars Car Pack

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 154 comments
I'd be really annoyed if Horizon 3 doesn't ship with pretty much all of FM6's road cars. There's no excuse at this point, since they don't need to double-disc this generation.
They didn't even brought Audi RS7, Aston DBS etc from Forza 5 to Horizon 2 (they actually did but it was the Team Forza version so it wasn't the same thing)

With the inclusion of the '90 Cougar this week and the '91 RX-7 last December, I wonder if T10 plan on bridging the six year gap between the earliest IMSA model in the game (quattro) and the latest (300ZX)?

Granted, the Nissan was a GTS class racer while the others are GTO class. But it would likely just be a toss-up between Mustangs and Olds Cutlass' with regards to '92 and '93 anyway.

Last edited:
Oh my, the Subaru SVX! :drool:

It is on my rather small wishlist, which I posted on this board some months ago, along with January's '73 Skyline GT-R. The developers might take some inspiration from this site. I've seen the Mercury mentioned here too. Big thanks Turn 10. :)

Fun fact, yesterday morning I told my mom that she and my late father should have kept the Corolla they owned a decade or so before I was born. It was a cheaper version of the car in the trailer. :)

Last edited:
With the inclusion of the '90 Cougar this week and the '91 RX-7 last December, I wonder if T10 plan on bridging the six year gap between the earliest IMSA model in the game (quattro) and the latest (300ZX)?

Granted, the Nissan was a GTS class racer while the others are GTO class. But would likely just be a toss-up between Mustangs and Olds Cutlass' with regards to '92 and '93 anyway.

I'm still hoping they go earlier and add the AAR Celica.

SVX
I had been thinking for awhile but the track selection drove me away a tad. However, now that there's an SVX, hell, I wouldn't even have to drive it, just seeing it rendered in current generation graphics is enough for the purchase!

Also excited for the Sunbeam, Murcury and Corolla.

Thinking of the XT maybe?
Nope. I was wrong, I remember seeing something similar to the SVX on one of the old Gran Turismo games by a different manufacture though but I cant find anything so I was wrong.

I remember seeing something similar to the SVX on one of the old Gran Turismo games by a different manufacture though.

Could be the (Mazda) Eunos Cosmo you're thinking of. Filled a similar role to the SVX for Mazda in a way, and had similar styling cues here and there, such as the rear light strip; easy to mistake on the PS1, that's for sure.

Woah! This has caught me off guard!

I wasn't expecting a Car pack till next week 0.o

Looking pretty good,

And we can officially play as Walter White in Forza now ;D

All I can post about this is, I'm. Able to make just about any car I want. Authentic or inspired replication. T10 wouldn't keep dishing these cars out if there isn't big coming. If you're not totally into circuits, I believe we will see point to point events.

From my magazine collection, I'm making this.
[image]

It would be a cruel joke if I couldn't take this and the RX-3, on a touge downhill. T10 will look out for us.
I just remembered that they added the Subaru BRAT a while back, too. Looking at the list now, with the Legacy RS (which I was kinda-sorta able to enjoy in FH2 for XB360), the original Celica GT, the RX-3 like you said plus the Cosmo and SA RX-7, and some of the other older Japanese cars that have been in the series for a while...

If FH3 gets these cars and is built upon a more compelling setting than the dull openness of FH2's Southern Europe, whether it's Japanese touge or simply more twisty narrow backroads, it'll be hard to resist.

Could be the (Mazda) Eunos Cosmo you're thinking of. Filled a similar role to the SVX for Mazda in a way, and had similar styling cues here and there, such as the rear light strip; easy to mistake on the PS1, that's for sure.
I agree, the JC generation Cosmo (not to be confused with the Cosmo 110S as found in FM6) would fit the description.

Yes! That`s exactly what I was thinking of! Yeah, that was the car I was aiming at. The 2 cars remind me of the GT86 and BRZ.

OMG!! I saw the Aztek at the front page and I KNEW it was Forza related! I am so happy. Will be giving these cars a try tomorrow since thankfully I got the pass XD

I got Skyler's Grand Wagoneer, Jesse's Monte Carlo, Walter's 300 SRT8, Gustavo's Volvo (with Los Pollos Hermanos bumper sticker :D), and finally the legendary Aztek. What more can a car nut and Breaking Bad fan ask for?

...I love this game :)

On a side note. It is absolutely amazing to see the SVX making a huge comeback to video games after almost two decades. Hopefully we'll see a 20B Eunos Cosmo someday. The little Corolla is a very pleasant surprise. These were very popular where I used to live before. There was even a car club dedicated to them.

On a second note. A few days ago I said how I like the Alfa 155 and how much it reminds me of the Alfa 75 when I made it RWD (in Forza 4 you could swap a V6 in it, which completed the deal). And now Turn 10 decides to give me such a treat by actually adding the 75!

Last edited:
Dan G walks into the GM licencing department.

"We've got a new DLC pack planned, and I'm here to request the use of a car."

"Sure. What would you like? We've just launched the new Camaro, and we have some Corvettes coming down the pipeline. We're especially excited about our new Opel GT concept that will be debuting in January."

"Those all sound interesting, but what I really want is to include an Aztek."

"Get out."

:dopey: indeed!

I really hope I can make this:

2002-pontiac-aztek-awd-pic-25101.jpeg

Could be the (Mazda) Eunos Cosmo you're thinking of.

Stick the JC Cosmo and a swappable 20B triple rotor (so long as they don't simply recycle the sound of the R20B Renesis from FM4) in any car pack and I'd be all over it.

Its 28th January, 12:50am here in UK. What time will the Pack release? If it will release like in an hour or so I`ll stay up for it.

Its 28th January, 12:50am here in UK. What time will the Pack release? If it will release like in an hour or so I`ll stay up for it.

Although they may make an exception, typically they're released much later in the day, as I can't remember the exact time I will just say 4-6 PM is the kind of time for the UK.

So with this pack coming early for the Daytona 24 Hours, I wonder if we'll see an online hopper open for the weekend much like we did on FM4(?) with similar races where it will likely be the 2.4 hours of Daytona, in my experience after the first few laps when all the trolls quit there was always some good racing to be had. Although one minor annoyance about the old events was that 2.4 hours does not equal 2 hours 40 minutes :lol:.

Also so far no word about the free car, maybe it will be another car where we have to meet some requirements to obtain it.

--

Reading some of these "car fans" comments on the T10 forums and YT is some good entertainment, one of my personal favourites not long ago on T10s forums implies that these "dreadful old cars" are not "proper cars" and that most people will never drive them :lol:. Who could possibly want these cars, they are not what I want so they are pointless!

Yeah guys, I think I`ll go to sleep haha! I`ll test the cars out soon as I get the pack later today. The girlfriend will be round so I may have trouble with that. The car pack doesn't look promising, but I haven't tried the cars yet so I cant really judge so it may deliver.

It is absolutely amazing to see the SVX making a huge comeback to video games after almost two decades. Hopefully we'll see a 20B Eunos Cosmo someday.
Both are included in the Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune coin-op arcade game series, which is highly popular wherever you can find the machines. Fantastic game, I wish there was an adaptation for home consoles. I had a JCESE Cosmo card for WMMT3 when I worked at an arcade several years ago.

Reading some of these "car fans" comments on the T10 forums and YT is some good entertainment, one of my personal favourites not long ago on T10s forums implies that these "dreadful old cars" are not "proper cars" and that most people will never drive them :lol:. Who could possibly want these cars, they are not what I want so they are pointless!
I suppose some of them would prefer the latest hypercar to go pinballing in R-class lobbies, or a limited special edition version of a late model supercar or sports coupe that's already in the game.

Although they may make an exception, typically they're released much later in the day, as I can't remember the exact time I will just say 4-6 PM is the kind of time for the UK.

So with this pack coming early for the Daytona 24 Hours, I wonder if we'll see an online hopper open for the weekend much like we did on FM4(?) with similar races where it will likely be the 2.4 hours of Daytona, in my experience after the first few laps when all the trolls quit there was always some good racing to be had. Although one minor annoyance about the old events was that 2.4 hours does not equal 2 hours 40 minutes :lol:.

Also so far no word about the free car, maybe it will be another car where we have to meet some requirements to obtain it.

--

It would be wicked if the free car was the Corvette DP. Or if it goes like the Ferrari, have it as a prize for the Daytona 2.4hr hopper (if there is one).

In any case, another good pack that I'm looking forward to :)

Both are included in the Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune coin-op arcade game series, which is highly popular wherever you can find the machines. Fantastic game, I wish there was an adaptation for home consoles. I had a JCESE Cosmo card for WMMT3 when I worked at an arcade several years ago.

The SVX is also in Drift Spirits, which is a BN mobile game that uses a lot of the WMMT assets.

image.png

My reaction to pretty much all of the negative comments written by twelve year olds:

View attachment 507841

I'm buzzed for this in all honesty. The Milano / 75 is a car I've wanted to see in a game for a very, very long time. I think Race Pro had it, but I never got far enough to use it. The Sunbeam could be a great little weapon when its set up right. As expected, I'm loving the attention the Japanese manufacturers are getting. It's getting harder to not believe Horizon 3 will be set in Japan at this rate!

That Ford could be a winner as well, sounded great in the trailer as well. The Cougar is another fine addition to the Group 5 stable, and its nice to have a fairly niche manufacturer being supported too. The Aztek... well, it's ridiculous, but that's why it's awesome.

Can't wait for this. Going to be downloading the SVX race mod design from @SlipZtrEm for sure.
Should have been new rules:

Not respecting motorsport? Slow or fast, old or new, only in for "kewl, edgy, and big horzpowerz"? Youre not qualified buying FM6.

Definitely a lot of over-reactions from folks online, but a few of those folks still have some fair complaints. It's the same diversity, but personally, now wowed by it esp with the inclusion of the Aztec. Daytona Prototype is still nice & hopefully leads to the Corvette DP. The Cougar doesn't really get any reaction from me, but I like that T10 is still focused on bringing older IMSA cars to the game. Interesting era of racing.

Back