Forza Motorsport 7: Confirmed Track List

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 136 comments
I figured you were referring to Fujimi Kaido.
Nah, Fujimi Kaido is a fictional track loosely based on a real Japanese road. I'd hope there would be no legal issues with bringing that back. Because if there was legal issues with a fictionalized version of a Japanese road that could also prevent a future Horizon game from being set in Japan.

Nah, Fujimi Kaido is a fictional track loosely based on a real Japanese road. I'd hope there would be no legal issues with bringing that back. Because if there was legal issues with a fictionalized version of a Japanese road that could also prevent a future Horizon game from being set in Japan.
I don't think this is the case, although I have heard some rumours of a little bias here and there coming from Japan towards T10.

I don't think this is the case, although I have heard some rumours of a little bias here and there coming from Japan towards T10.

Of course. There have been rumors and I think confirmed reports of Suzuka notably and other Japanese tracks like Fuji and Tsukuba having exorbitant licensing fees. Explains why SMS is still using Sakitto as their stand in, even with their publisher being based in Japan.

Hafeet Mountain Pass

The Thumbnail somewhat reminds me of Black Cat County from Assetto Corsa.. Though I'm sure neither will be a like :P

------------------------------------

None the less a pretty impressive Track List.

I still think Project Cars 2 has the best Track list but this one certainly isn't to shabby :)

q0QieoX.png

vTEzDaD.png

A quick comparison of two different playthroughs of the Sonoma/Radical demo, showing two different TOD's.

I got to thinking about the rather large ribbon count and started wondering something...

They've gone through the effort to mention offroad cars coming over from FH and have even shown career events featuring them so I would hope they have something planned for them. Obviously we won't be getting dirt tracks in FM7 at launch at least, but I wonder if perhaps they will at least give us something along the lines of what SST does and places temporary jumps on paved tracks, perhaps with a slalom or two in order to break up long straights.

I know people have mentioned it before so it's not an original idea, but it would explain the large ribbon count and at least give us something to do with offroad focused cars.

I got to thinking about the rather large ribbon count and started wondering something...

They've gone through the effort to mention offroad cars coming over from FH and have even shown career events featuring them so I would hope they have something planned for them. Obviously we won't be getting dirt tracks in FM7 at launch at least, but I wonder if perhaps they will at least give us something along the lines of what SST does and places temporary jumps on paved tracks, perhaps with a slalom or two in order to break up long straights.

I know people have mentioned it before so it's not an original idea, but it would explain the large ribbon count and at least give us something to do with offroad focused cars.

Putting the jumps on Longbeach would be pretty neat since it's a track they've actually raced at.

I think the ribbon count will be made up with variations of track that we haven't had available before. I reckon they'll go very big and almost over the top (In a good way) with the amount of small changes available. Little variations like the extra chicane on Suzuka (between the hairpin and Spoon), which could also be used on the west circuit as well, small variations like that. Also I think Dubai will feature quite a high number of layouts as well. Watching the gameplay, you can see lots of areas where there's extra road available that goes in a different direction, as well as there being a second pitlane.

That's a good hypothesis @Northstar. 👍

The ribbon count is very confusing to me. With 32 tracks, they all need to average at least six variations to hit that number (and that'd only get us to 192). I just don't see that happening, unless they really are counting dynamic and non-dynamic ribbons as separate.

I'd love that. When I went to the Long Beach GP earlier this year they had trophy trucks and the course was very much set up like this. It was crazy seeing the air they catch.

If that does become a thing in the FM7, I'll never cry for off road racing again! :D

Plus it'll suit the FM series as well imo.

I've been trying some lesser used tracks in FM6 in preparation for FM7 and I've found a reason to like Abu Dhabi, the North Corkscrew layout. At least with lower class cars it's actually a rather fun track.

unless they really are counting dynamic and non-dynamic ribbons as separate.

I think that's sadly the more likely possibility.

If that does become a thing in the FM7, I'll never cry for off road racing again! :D

Plus it'll suit the FM series as well imo.

Proper off-road racing is always something that I will want, but something along the lines of what I posted would be a welcome substitute until than. Hopefully one day both will be present so we can have lots of options.

If they don't do something though I can't see buggies, trophy trucks and other offroad vehicles being much fun outside of a handful of tracks.

Proper off-road racing is always something that I will want, but something along the lines of what I posted would be a welcome substitute until than. Hopefully one day both will be present so we can have lots of options.

If they don't do something though I can't see buggies, trophy trucks and other offroad vehicles being much fun outside of a handful of tracks.
Agreed! I've been such a fan of rally racing that having stadium-style will be a blast, but without it, I will have the same impression as you.

It really bothered me to see cars like the MG Metro 6R4 be in the game, but there's no particular tracks suited for it. Or the cars you turn into rally machines, but the tracks are too long for their short gears (though Maple Valley should hopefully do them justice this time).

Last edited:
I had a thought, with 200+ layouts not counting the weather/time tracks; I wonder if some of the new layouts will include old versions of some tracks. You know, the old Monza circuit, classic Spa, early Silverstone, or Nurburgring Sudschleife.

I had a thought, with 200+ layouts not counting the weather/time tracks; I wonder if some of the new layouts will include old versions of some tracks. You know, the old Monza circuit, classic Spa, early Silverstone, or Nurburgring Sudschleife.
@PJTierney Had confirmed it wasn't an official statement. After looking, it's what my conclusion was too.

Last edited:
There is a little bit of hope as they may or may not have been included in FM6's track count depending on how T10 went about it.

Forza Motorsport 6 will feature 26 locales and more than 100 ribbons total,

Going off the in-game numbers for each track brings us to 90 excluding DLC tracks. Where things get interesting is that they don't include drag strips and the Test Track's free-roam layouts in the in game count. There's 10 additional layouts for the Test Track and both Hockenheim and Sonoma feature drag strips. That brings the total to 102, or in marketing speak, "more than 100". :sly:

TL,DR; T10 is copying PD's overly-vague marketing strategy.

There is a little bit of hope as they may or may not have been included in FM6's track count depending on how T10 went about it.

Going off the in-game numbers for each track brings us to 90 excluding DLC tracks. Where things get interesting is that they don't include drag strips and the Test Track's free-roam layouts in the in game count. There's 10 additional layouts for the Test Track and both Hockenheim and Sonoma feature drag strips. That brings the total to 102, or in marketing speak "more than 100". :sly:
100+

:lol:

A quick comparison of two different playthroughs of the Sonoma/Radical demo, showing two different TOD's.

I like the atmosphere in the second screenshot. Finally a more neutral setting after having to cope with that permanent orange glow Sonoma had in FM6.

Going off the in-game numbers for each track brings us to 90 excluding DLC tracks. Where things get interesting is that they don't include drag strips and the Test Track's free-roam layouts in the in game count. There's 10 additional layouts for the Test Track and both Hockenheim and Sonoma feature drag strips. That brings the total to 102, or in marketing speak, "more than 100". :sly:

TL,DR; T10 is copying PD's overly-vague marketing strategy.
The test track is counted in the 26 locations, so presumably would be in the track count....at least you would think.

The test track is counted in the 26 locations, so presumably would be in the track count....at least you would think.

On the track selection screen it says how many layouts each location has. Those are the numbers I was using, they don't include rain and night variations, drag strip and free roam areas. That's why I brought up the possibility of FM6 not counting them so FM7 may not count them either.

I like the atmosphere in the second screenshot. Finally a more neutral setting after having to cope with that permanent orange glow Sonoma had in FM6.

I'm praying we don't have to deal with the same Bathurst that we have had to in FM5 and FM6. Looked terrible.

I just noticed a detail about the new Sonoma in FM7 being worse than Sonoma in FM6.

Real Sonoma footage. Pause at 0:25 or 0:33:

FM6 Sonoma footage. Pause at 0:37 or 0:47:

FM7 Sonoma footage. Pause at 2:00 or 2:11:

Now look towards the horizon in the three paused videos and compare the same spot. FM7 appears to have zoomed into some distant mountain range which is barely visible from the real track. If anything, the background texture in FM7 is very bland to look at. The background / horizon in FM6 looks more like the real thing if you ask me. I'm sure a bunch of you guys don't care, but I'm scratching my head trying to understand why FM7 suddenly changes something that wasn't broken.

Last edited:
very worried about one thing from suzuka, theres a tyre wall right at the casio chicane (the chicane at the end of the lap after 130R) I would prefer sticky grass for that.

very worried about one thing from suzuka, theres a tyre wall right at the casio chicane (the chicane at the end of the lap after 130R) I would prefer sticky grass for that.

T10 seems to have given up on sticky grass, gravel or any off-track/cut-track deterrents that aren't tire barriers. They ruin the visual realism, yes, but they're probably the best weapon against cheaters.

T10 seems to have given up on sticky grass, gravel or any off-track/cut-track deterrents that aren't tire barriers. They ruin the visual realism, yes, but they're probably the best weapon against cheaters.

I strongly disagree, the fictional tire barriers are just a very lazy way of dealing with corner cutting. Other games seem to do just fine without that nonsense when they use for example penalty systems if the track position / track time doesn't match after going off track. Turn 10 decides to go the cheesy way of dealing with the problem.

Not only do the fictional track barriers ruin the look and feel experience of a circuit (VIR for example supposed to look like a golf course instead of an old tire junkyard), they are also very unrealistic. In FM6 I preferred to race with simulation damage on, the slightest contact with the AI cars can bump you into a fictional tire wall which results in... game over. It's really frustrating to ruin your car against a tire wall that shouldn't even be there in the first place.

I'm not a fan of the superglue grass from FM5 either. Whether it be tire walls or sticky grass, the motion of the car should not be altered by any corner cutting measures, period. They should implement a proper penalty system. But they choose for the lazy way out, like with so many other items in the series (only 90 degree steering wheel animation, no FOV/seat positioning, no VR on PC, no 'real' car assists, no proper car classes, ...). Turn 10 has some quality programmers in-house, no doubt about that, but the people above them who make the decisions need to be kicked in the asses for being so lazy and uninspiring.

I think it would be great if they had options in the settings pre-race to be able to turn off the additional tyre barriers. For organised online racing, where rules are already in place for people not to cut the track, this wouldn't be perfect.

I strongly disagree, the fictional tire barriers are just a very lazy way of dealing with corner cutting. Other games seem to do just fine without that nonsense when they use for example penalty systems if the track position / track time doesn't match after going off track. Turn 10 decides to go the cheesy way of dealing with the problem.

Not only do the fictional track barriers ruin the look and feel experience of a circuit (VIR for example supposed to look like a golf course instead of an old tire junkyard), they are also very unrealistic. In FM6 I preferred to race with simulation damage on, the slightest contact with the AI cars can bump you into a fictional tire wall which results in... game over. It's really frustrating to ruin your car against a tire wall that shouldn't even be there in the first place.

I'm not a fan of the superglue grass from FM5 either. Whether it be tire walls or sticky grass, the motion of the car should not be altered by any corner cutting measures, period. They should implement a proper penalty system. But they choose for the lazy way out, like with so many other items in the series (only 90 degree steering wheel animation, no FOV/seat positioning, no VR on PC, no 'real' car assists, no proper car classes, ...). Turn 10 has some quality programmers in-house, no doubt about that, but the people above them who make the decisions need to be kicked in the asses for being so lazy and uninspiring.
Not sure how deep of a system this is at the moment, but apparently they are working on something https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-7-adjudication. However, that's also in conjunction with those tire barriers.

Back