• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 136 comments
4 Different TOD's @ Sebring

CClFrIX.png

OrVO6hG.png
yMPb2gY.png

O8DAFAH.png

4 Different TOD's @ Sebring

I wish T10 would finally confirm whether time of day is actually dynamic or if it is just a bunch of different Fixed time slots. Either way it is still better then a single fixed time. Seriously though, in FM6, who thought it was a good idea to put the sun in my eyes while coming up to the chicane on the Nurburgring 24hr layout?

I wish T10 would finally confirm whether time of day is actually dynamic or if it is just a bunch of different Fixed time slots. Either way it is still better then a single fixed time. Seriously though, in FM6, who thought it was a good idea to put the sun in my eyes while coming up to the chicane on the Nurburgring 24hr layout?
I'm starting to wonder if it's dynamic, but to a certain extent. Not passing through a full 24hr cycle, but transition from dawn, to mid day, or something of the like, and having various selections similar to that.

Reading from forzamotorsport.net forums, at the moment it appears there's two modes regarding time of day, a dynamic skies & night mode
Dynamic skies would be any time of day, sunrise to sunset
Night mode, fixed time
Per Bill Giese each time entering a career race would be a different experience

Would hope we get a little more clarity about this & AH before game release

Reading from forzamotorsport.net forums, at the moment it appears there's two modes regarding time of day, a dynamic skies & night mode
Dynamic skies would be any time of day, sunrise to sunset
Night mode, fixed time
Per Bill Giese each time entering a career race would be a different experience

Would hope we get a little more clarity about this & AH before game release

Oh yes! I've always said, even on the Forza forums, one quick way to spruce up the environments would be to bring back the different times of day like in Forza 4. Glad they are doing this finally.

Dubai adds another drag strip to the game. Drags strips also have much more at atmosphere this time around with added crowd and grandstands and what not.

Has anyone seen any footage that has showed in game layouts yet? Wanting to see what new ones they've added to reach the supposed 200 mark.

With the pre-load on PC I get to see the files, see my car list on that page. But tracks, here is the list and number of ribbons

Alps: 6
Bathurst: 1
Brands Hatch: 2
Catalunya: 3
COTA: 3
Daytona: 3
Dubai: 9
Hockenheim: 4
Indy: 4
Infinieon: 4
Laguna Seca: 1
Le Mans: 3
Lime Rock: 4
Long Beach: 4
Maple Valley: 4
Monza: 3
Mugello: 2
Nurburgring: 3
Prague: 4
Rio: 10
Road America: 5
Road Atlanta: 2
Sebring: 3
Silverstone: 3
Spa: 1
Suzuka: 5
Top Gear: 9
VIR: 7
Watkins Glen: 4
Yas Marina: 5

118 ribbons

Others not usable or possibly not usable.
Homespace02:1*
Homespace12: 1*
Homespace21: 1*
Homespace23: 1*
Homestead: 6** not sure if in game track
Physics: 11*

As suspected, the "200 Ribbons" claim counts Day and Night as separate layouts.

@Jimmy_Pop have you found anything else of interest in the files? I saw the car list but I'm wondering if all of the Manufacturer Decals and Livery Editor shapes are accessible, and if there are any new ones.

As suspected, the "200 Ribbons" claim counts Day and Night as separate layouts.

@Jimmy_Pop have you found anything else of interest in the files? I saw the car list but I'm wondering if all of the Manufacturer Decals and Livery Editor shapes are accessible, and if there are any new ones.
Looks like the files are all blocked by password, or I don't have permission to view. I'm sure someone with a hacking ability could. I'm no good at that.

Looks like the files are all blocked by password, or I don't have permission to view. I'm sure someone with a hacking ability could. I'm no good at that.
That's fine, it's not a big deal anyway. We'll find out on Friday I guess ;)

With the pre-load on PC I get to see the files, see my car list on that page. But tracks, here is the list and number of ribbons

Alps: 6
Bathurst: 1
Brands Hatch: 2
Catalunya: 3
COTA: 3
Daytona: 3
Dubai: 9
Hockenheim: 4
Indy: 4
Infinieon: 4
Laguna Seca: 1
Le Mans: 3
Lime Rock: 4
Long Beach: 4
Maple Valley: 4
Monza: 3
Mugello: 2
Nurburgring: 3
Prague: 4
Rio: 10
Road America: 5
Road Atlanta: 2
Sebring: 3
Silverstone: 3
Spa: 1
Suzuka: 5
Top Gear: 9
VIR: 7
Watkins Glen: 4
Yas Marina: 5

118 ribbons

Others not usable or possibly not usable.
Homespace02:1*
Homespace12: 1*
Homespace21: 1*
Homespace23: 1*
Homestead: 6** not sure if in game track
Physics: 11*

Any chance you good look into see what tracks have rain & night + how extensive the TOD options are on each track

Still no Nurburgring Short circuit, Suzuka alternates I think are new, but could be wrong, I would guess if you select track scenario to night or weather then the list would stay the same or get shorter depending on those tracks having that option. Surprised nobody had the curiosity to do this sooner, sill like to see if Hockenheim or something like the Rio circuit has night.

Would've been nice if they showed which tracks had weather/night options? I am more curious if they finally "livened" up some of tracks like Prague (rain?night?snow?), Dubai (night?rain?sandstorm?), Rio (rain?night?), etc.

Update: I just noticed the track details show which is available for the tracks. For example, Prague shows: @0:20, Tracks|6|Sun (so only daytime) Disappointed, for the fantasy tracks, not having all options. Dubai is littered with street lamps everywhere, look at the layout thumbnails, really no night option?? No rain/night in Rio? Come on Turn 10!

Update 2: Went thru the whole video, here are the time/weather options per track:

Bathurst - Day
Bernese Alps - Day
Brands Hatch - Day, Weather
Catalunya - Day
COTA - Day, Night
Daytona - Day, Night
Dubai - Day
Hockenheimring - Day, Weather
Homestead Miami - Day, Weather
Indianapolis - Day
Le Mans - Day, Night, Weather
Lime Rock - Day
Long Beach - Day
Maple Valley - Day, Weather
Laguna Seca - Day
Monza - Day
Mugello - Day
Nurburgring - Day, Night, Weather
Prague - Day
Rio - Day
Road America - Day
Road Atlanta - Day
Sebring - Day, Night, Weather
Silverstone - Day, Night, Weather
Sonoma - Day
Spa - Day, Night, Weather
Suzuka - Day, Weather
Test Track - Day
Top Gear - Day, Weather
Virginia - Day, Night, Weather
Watkins Glen - Day
Yas Marina - Day, Night

Last edited:
It's seems the only standouts Silverstone with night, Circuits of Americas with night, but no weather, Hockenheimring with weather, but no night.

What we seen from some of the videos a number of the tracks have some different times of day, such as the Sebring video of AR12Racing video going from night to just about sunrise, or COTA early morning, but don't really know what those options for each track looking at the video.

With this game weighing in about twice the size 95GB of FM6, having trouble seeing textures & skies pushing up all those gigs, I would imagine a lot of those assets could be shared.

Last edited:
So Turn 10 has been talking about how tracks will always look different at every visit. What does this mean for day only tracks? Different cloud formations?

So Turn 10 has been talking about how tracks will always look different at every visit. What does this mean for day only tracks? Different cloud formations?
I think the exceptions, career mode, rivals etc. where the challenge is meant to be on equal footing, the weather & skies will be scripted per Bill Geise, what I seen in free mode, I think also private matches online you could pick rain, but it might rain right away or later in the race or not at all, but look inanimate.

Not every track has dynamic weather and/ or night and day cycles? That's kind of a let down, I was sure they would include that into all the tracks.

Being hopeful but some snow would be awesome, I mean why not, they had the snow in Horizon 3? Especially for tracks like Lime Rock Park that actually have snow Autocross in real life:
LRDC-Winter-Auto-X-2014-112.jpg

I think each track still has at least a dynamic day time like dawn to dusk and varying cloud cover if no rain, so it'll appear different each time. Kinda cool.

So not including dlc from Forza 6... How many actual new tracks are there?
Not including VIR and Homestead as they where FM6 DLC, Then there are 4 new Tracks. Dubai is completely new, with Suzuka, Maple Valley, and Mugello returning from XBox360 era Forza games. I don't know how many layouts each has as I don't yet have Forza 7.

Not including VIR and Homestead as they where FM6 DLC, Then there are 4 new Tracks. Dubai is completely new, with Suzuka, Maple Valley, and Mugello returning from XBox360 era Forza games. I don't know how many layouts each has as I don't yet have Forza 7.

Maple Valley:
Full Circuit
Short Circuit
Full Circuit Reverse
Short Circuit Reverse

Mugello:
Full Circuit
Club Circuit

Suzuka:
Full Circuit
East Circuit
West Circuit