Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
b49175f6-df45-4707-b8ab-aafa150a1740.jpg

This is a general discussion thread for things that don't really fit anywhere else, and aren't necessarily in-depth enough to require their own separate thread. A place to "shoot the breeze" if you will.

You all know the score; come in, hang out, and be nice to each other ;)

Nice photo.

I didn't fork out for the Ultimate Edition this time around so will have to wait a few days to participate. Needless to say I'll be keeping a close eye on the post-release threads for first impressions and related info.

Mikey was it you that told me about the physical ultimate edition (with the diecast Porsche) from game?

If so I'd like to thank you, I ordered it last night after changing my mind about it.....it'll be with me tomorrow.
Thank you again :cheers:

Less than 12 hours now until I get to play FM7 myself. Can't wait to finally give some of FM6's DLC a try like the Ferrari 641 & Mercedes Race Truck. Can't wait to build a race car out of the Crown Vic as well.

So are we expecting it to release today during night hours? FH3 really surprised me by releasing late afternoon a day before the official release date. If that's the case then awesome, because I have tomorrow off :D

Mikey was it you that told me about the physical ultimate edition (with the diecast Porsche) from game?

If so I'd like to thank you, I ordered it last night after changing my mind about it.....it'll be with me tomorrow.
Thank you again :cheers:
That's the edition I ordered. Have you had your dispatched email yet?

So are we expecting it to release today during night hours? FH3 really surprised me by releasing late afternoon a day before the official release date. If that's the case then awesome, because I have tomorrow off :D

According to what I have saw thus far it will unlock at Midnight Eastern time for those of us in the US and Canada
I would like to see it sooner. I see some areas where it does say the 28th and they are in time zones that are ahead of us so seems a little odd.

Edit; I think i saw that in the UK it would be unlocked at 19:00 on the 28th which would be 1:00pm eastern time. the Israel store said 17:00 on the 28th which I think would also be 1pm Eastern time.

We'll see definitely sometime within the next 15 hours it will be unlocked for us

From what I have read it unlocks at 00.00 local time. NZ players can play now, Europeans in about 9 hours and Americans a few hours later.

It's 4:40pm here in Utah. Store says 9/28/2017 10:00pm. So I'm guessing a bit over 5 hours. I just started the pre-load like ten minutes ago. Down to 31gb. Crossing fingers.

Got the Ultimate edition but can't play it. PC won't update to Creator's. :( Guess I'll wait for the XoneX before installing. Still baffles me that it's coming out way after it's flagship franchise.

Got the Ultimate edition but can't play it. PC won't update to Creator's. :( Guess I'll wait for the XoneX before installing. Still baffles me that it's coming out way after it's flagship franchise.

I hated the idea to update to Creators. I had no choice but to do so. I'm kind of angry that I ended up doing so after Forza 7 required it.

I hated the idea to update to Creators. I had no choice but to do so. I'm kind of angry that I ended up doing so after Forza 7 required it.
I can't even do that. I've attempted seven times and just won't work. Another reason to keep the relatively simpler consoles around, I guess.

UK players can now go live :)

2 questions incase anyone can help:
  1. What's the fastest way to get to Collector Tier 4? There's a car I want to buy in that Tier.
  2. Where do I unlock the Ferrari FXX K? Is it from a Crate, Campaign or the Specialty Vendor?

I can't even do that. I've attempted seven times and just won't work. Another reason to keep the relatively simpler consoles around, I guess.

It should let you. If you go to the "start" menu, scroll down and click on "Update and Privacy Settings," it should start the update. Just takes a few minutes. If that doesn't work, then check on the Windows forums for help. They usually respond within a few minutes with a solution.

The '2017 Nissan Altima' is so strange. It had the 2014 aero package, the incorrect rims (although the correct ones are available to put on the car) and the sound of highly strung V6 Turbo (much like the GT500 Nissan in FM6). So weird for what could've been a copy and paste effort...

UK players can now go live :)

2 questions incase anyone can help:
  1. What's the fastest way to get to Collector Tier 4? There's a car I want to buy in that Tier.
  2. Where do I unlock the Ferrari FXX K? Is it from a Crate, Campaign or the Specialty Vendor?

1. Use the VIP mods (x3 +100% Credits) on a long free play race and then buy a heap of cars off the collectors list (quick way to go up through the tiers).

No idea for #2.

My first car is an A45,I bought it cause I couldn't get the 2009 Focus RS in hot hatches,Maple Valley is so beautiful.:D

Download complete. Took 2 1/2 hours, which is less than I would've thought. I got a bit scared because the last 10gb just flew. Checked and the full 96gb are installed. But still can't play. I am starting to get a bit impatient :lol:

I'll go watch a movie in my living room. US players, please give a shout when the game goes live :)

My first impressions
  • Despite getting a classic supercar to start off with, credits are definitely more hard to come by.
  • Driving the F40 right now. Sounds definitely more pronounced.
  • The new hood cam option is fantastic.
  • Adjustable race length is great, though there isn't any option to choose a specific amount of laps. Kinda disappointing.
  • The night time transitions are gorgeous.
  • Free-Play options are so good. As a fan of creating my own events, I can see myself spending a lot of time in FP.
  • Being able to change options/upgrade your car/change mods while loading is a god send
  • No more class based hoppers/rivals at the moment, all done by Homologated Divisions. (tho T10 said if feedback is that people want these back, they'll add them back). Hard to tell if every division will be balanced perfectly (and it won't be since there's over 60 divisions, too many variables to account for) but it'll be 1000 times more balanced than FM6
  • You can forzavista trackside and forzavista whilst looking at cars in the rent car screen.
  • Some of the new wheels are sick. BBS Turbofans??? Hell ye
  • Car Collecting is definitely going to be really addicting in this game (you'd hope so with 700 cars)
  • Different times of day breathe a sense of life to every track which is great, though it doesn't seem like we have any control over these even in free-play (which is odd since we have complete control of weather)
  • Lack of new to forza cars and tracks is still definitely disappointing considering how much new stuff we got in FM6.
  • Specialty dealer seems cool, reminds me of the ol used car dealer in GT5
  • The new body kit options are nuts, and there is a safety car light bar option for the 2015 Audi RS6 Avant!
  • Did I mention it looks amazing, sounds amazing and feels great with a controller? Sounds are much better than FM6, so are visuals

Last edited:
It should let you. If you go to the "start" menu, scroll down and click on "Update and Privacy Settings," it should start the update. Just takes a few minutes. If that doesn't work, then check on the Windows forums for help. They usually respond within a few minutes with a solution.
I'll give one more shot. If it doesn't work this time, I suppose I'll see you guys in November. (hopefully)

Division based leaderboards sounds very interesting. I was always a bit disappointed after Forza 2 because all of the GT cars in the R2 class could no longer post a top time due to supercars coming into the same class with lots more power and top speed. Will be great if it is split up to more competitive groups both on the leaderboards and in races.

Back