Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
For some reason, it is now possible to get the following multiplayer achievements in single player after the latest patch:

• Gaining Experience (100 laps in multiplayer)
  • Devoted Racer (300 laps in multiplayer)
  • Nightvision (50 laps at night in multiplayer)
  • Rain Dancer (50 laps in the rain in multiplayer)
Is it possible to get World Traveler (drive on every track) too?

For some reason, it is now possible to get the following multiplayer achievements in single player after the latest patch:

• Gaining Experience (100 laps in multiplayer)
  • Devoted Racer (300 laps in multiplayer)
  • Nightvision (50 laps at night in multiplayer)
  • Rain Dancer (50 laps in the rain in multiplayer)
I got this achievement after racing a couple of races in Drivers Cup.

I had about 80 laps completed in actual online races. It popped for me after a race in single player.

2015 Radical #23 Flex-Box RXC Turbo

37481106554_5447871e19_c.jpg

38135595356_6b3ae7368e_o.png

26414925989_4e5f624e08_o.png

Good news: I've gotten faster.

Bad news: I haven't reached the next difficulty level quite yet so I'm stuck in a difficulty wasteland until than.

I really wish they would have moved to a 1-100 slider like other games.

The update fixed the passing issue I had with FM7. Before the update, it seemed that passes only counted if you overtook a car that you haven't overtook in the race before. Now, repassing an AI that passed you counts as a pass.

Good to hear, I was about ready to just sell all my "perfect pass" mods as they were worthless.

The patch also made it so leaving/restarting a race doesn't take up a use of any mods.

No point starting a new thread, just want to say that I've discovered the actual joy of free play - setting up races exactly as I want them and earning as much money as I would in the Forza Driver's Cup.
I know that sounds daft but it's never really crossed my mind. I thought the prize money would be "different" or just nominal amounts because the races aren't official, so to speak. Until now I've only been using Free Play for hot-lapping and tuning, but earlier I had some of the most enjoyable races ever around tracks that I genuinely love, and in cars I really want to drive.
I've found a new home.

Last edited:
No point starting a new thread, just want to say that I've discovered the actual joy of free play - setting up races exactly as I want them and earning as much money as I would in the Forza Driver's Cup.
I know that sounds daft but it's never really crossed my mind. I though the prize money would be "different" or just nominal amounts because the races aren't official, so to speak. Until now I've only been using Free Play for hot-lapping and tuning, but earlier I had some of the most enjoyable races ever around tracks that I genuinely love, and in cars I really want to drive.
I've found a new home.

You can also avoid the homologation system and set up some cool alternate restrictions. That being said, as much as I love free play in this game, I wish the AI vehicles were upgraded to the top of whichever class or PI limit you set. If you start a race with a 600 PI limit you'll end up with cars on the field as low as 525 PI, which means they can hold up the AI behind them and remove a lot of the challenge (though admittedly the extra credits from being able to easily win at Unbeatable difficulty is nice).

I got this achievement after racing a couple of races in Drivers Cup.

I had about 80 laps completed in actual online races. It popped for me after a race in single player.
I got it last night after doing some laps in rivals events.

You can also avoid the homologation system and set up some cool alternate restrictions. That being said, as much as I love free play in this game, I wish the AI vehicles were upgraded to the top of whichever class or PI limit you set. If you start a race with a 600 PI limit you'll end up with cars on the field as low as 525 PI, which means they can hold up the AI behind them and remove a lot of the challenge (though admittedly the extra credits from being able to easily win at Unbeatable difficulty is nice).

I wish they would have brought over the blueprint feature, than added the lobby settings like we have now on top of it.

Currently it can be a pain to set up a race featuring only a few cars and they may not even be competitive because there is no PI matching.

I haven't even changed any of the other settings yet, just picked - for example - the Pagani Cinque Roadster and raced 10 laps around Sebring against other Hyper Cars. On expert? difficulty (the one before unbeatable), it was a genuine challenge and because there was no series as such, I wasn't remotely stressed about it since my finishing position didn't really matter. I did finish first though, barely :D

Had a few other races around Brands Hatch, Yas Marina, and a few others in various classes. I'll play with the settings later. So much fun.

Has anyone here been able to unlock the Storm Chaser Achievement recently?

I am aware that a bug allows new players to get it after the introduction races but I’m wondering if anyone has been able to run through each weather scenario in Free Play and get it done.

I am aware that a bug allows new players to get it after the introduction races but I’m wondering if anyone has been able to run through each weather scenario in Free Play and get it done.
Yeah, you can do it in free play.

I got it in free play or online multiplayer about 2 weeks ago.

I love hsv and just want the hsv race suit hehe and have played forza 2 and 3 but no race suits unlocked I have forza 4-5-6-7 suits and horizon 1 and 2 and 3. Still bugs me :(

Last edited:
Hmm just did the Nascar event in Career mode, and realized im slow on the oval's. Tryed to tune my car for daytona but i just cant keep up. Did try one of the top guys tune out fast, and it got 2-3mph more then mine before hitting the bends.

Spent close to 2 hours now trying to get that dang thing to hit 215mph on the streights but im about to give up. I even tryed jacking up the front end, it gives it more topspeed on the benchmark stats but dont really fell it. If anyone knows something about these things please let me know :D
You can do a long race, which will make the AI pit before the end while you won't have to. I can send you my setup, which will do 214 solo and up to 225 in the draft assuming you're using a wheel.
I can definitely say, as someone who has done over 6 hours of oval racing on Daytona, they have DEFINITELY changed the A.I. behavior. They never braked before on Unbeatable.
I'm glad I did the career race prior to the patch, then. I actually had fun racing the AI in that race.

You can do a long race, which will make the AI pit before the end while you won't have to. I can send you my setup, which will do 214 solo and up to 225 in the draft assuming you're using a wheel.

I can see i wasnt really clear, its the leaderboard topguys i cant keep up with, not the AI. My car hits 215 solo on a good lap :)

I'm sorry, but it has to be said: The mirror vibration in cockpit view is one of the dumbest things I've seen. Even the rear-view in-dash screen in the C7R vibrates like someone didn't have a screwdriver handy so they had a toddler tighten everything by hand. I've seen Ikea furniture that doesn't wobble as much as these cars do.

Any Australian members willing to help me with the Ice Break driver gear? I can help out with the Totino’s/Doritos/Mtn Dew promos, which are USA-specific.

Any Australian members willing to help me with the Ice Break driver gear? I can help out with the Totino’s/Doritos/Mtn Dew promos, which are USA-specific.
We really need a dedicated thread for all the exclusive and promotional driver gear.

Is there anything tied to the last two? I thought it was just for the XB1 in general.

Not that I need an excuse to buy Doritos. :lol:

Back