Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
That cut is a particular pain for hotlaps for me because it affects the next lap due to being in the last sector.
If you dirty your lap there, just hit rewind a couple times. You'll get flagged for the rewind (not a loss since your lap was already flagged), but it gives you a chance to take that corner clean and start the next lap clean.

If you dirty your lap there, just hit rewind a couple times. You'll get flagged for the rewind (not a loss since your lap was already flagged), but it gives you a chance to take that corner clean and start the next lap clean.
If you already got the corner dirty before the rewind, it will stay dirty.

If you already got the corner dirty before the rewind, it will stay dirty.
Only the lap you're on. As long as you hit rewind rewind far enough (usually only two rewinds are necessary, but sometimes more), and you don't do anything else to dirty your lap after you're done rewinding, you can start the next lap clean. You can even do this if you dirty your lap at the beginning of a lap. I got a dirty lap on the second corner of Prague full reverse last night. I rewound the maximum amount of times the game would allow me (six or seven rewinds), and I was able to restart that same lap clean.

Looks like you cut a little too much at :39 as well as the next corner.

From what I can tell from my own experiences, the second (wall on the left) cut is fine - I don't think there's any way of dirtying on that kerb without actually touching the wall. The first cut (wall on the right) is where it occurs, you have to go a little wider around it.

That cut is a particular pain for hotlaps for me because it affects the next lap due to being in the last sector.

I'm pretty sure I was going through that corners exactly like that, only slower, and lap stayed clean.

On one and only top replay I watched, driver even "kissed" the white wall from right side, just before last corner - and lap was clean...

But ok then, thank you guys!

Talking about rewind, I'm never/nowhere using it, I think I used last time in GRID or F1 2010, from times when I was still trophy hunter - and that was criteria for one :)
But it's up to personal preferences.

Btw, while u are spending time on backing in time, couldn't you just drive next lap?
Or it's up to making perfect one u are doing and it's good?

Anyway, not approving :P

Btw, while u are spending time on backing in time, couldn't you just drive next lap?
Or it's up to making perfect one u are doing and it's good?

Anyway, not approving :P
If I'm going for the lowest clean time, if I dirty a lap near the end and it's going to cause my next lap to be dirty, then I'm more than happy to rewind so the next lap is clean. I'd rather spend 15 seconds rewinding to get a chance at a clean lap then spend two to three minutes on a lap which has no chance of being clean.

The use of rewind is up to the player. I don't consider it a moral failing to use it, but I respect people who don't use it.

Only the lap you're on. As long as you hit rewind rewind far enough (usually only two rewinds are necessary, but sometimes more), and you don't do anything else to dirty your lap after you're done rewinding, you can start the next lap clean. You can even do this if you dirty your lap at the beginning of a lap. I got a dirty lap on the second corner of Prague full reverse last night. I rewound the maximum amount of times the game would allow me (six or seven rewinds), and I was able to restart that same lap clean.
I've only ever seen it work when you pass the line, and rewind back past it the other way. Never seen it work after already initially dirtying a lap and then pressing rewind. Dirty lap indicator even stays set if I do it that way. I'll check it out later.

Quick note, all of these look like cars which have appeared in the specialty dealer/Forzathon/Leagues reward.

Quick note, all of these look like cars which have appeared in the specialty dealer/Forzathon/Leagues reward.
Correct, no exclusives but a good opportunity to grab some of the cars that haven’t been repeated yet.

Correct, no exclusives but a good opportunity to grab some of the cars that haven’t been repeated yet.
Especially cars you weren't able to earn from rivals events because you're not the fastest of the fast. (And by "you", I mean me.)

It appears that prize cars from Bounty Hunter events aren't exclusive unicorns then. Fingers crossed that these will also make their way to the Specialty Dealer or Forzathon at some point.

Not entirely, there are cars on offer here that haven't been available anywhere else like the 88 Commodore.

And there's at least one car missing - the Aston Martin V12 Zagato from a recent round of Forzathon.

Has T10 at least acknowledged the issue with lag on the car selection screen and liveries turning into grey paint jobs? It's pretty sad that they can't even get that right. Had to have those racing suits, I suppose...

I haven’t had the gray car issue since the last update hit so it’s seemingly fixed (it will probably be worse than ever since I mentioned it wasn’t happening anymore :lol:).

The laggy menus isn’t really a glitch as it is them asking the Xbox to do more than it can handle by loading quite a few high lod 3D models pretty much at the same time. Not sure why they didn’t just stick to the normal snapshot setup and I don’t know if it’s something they can change.

1 out of every 3 cars in my garage will randomly lose its livery.

As far as the menus, fair point. Either way, it's yet another odd/poor decision by the T10 team. The only payoff I see is that you have a mini version of Forzavista in this menu that allows you to open the doors/hood. Why that felt that was necessary or worth the trade-off makes zero sense to me.

1 out of every 3 cars in my garage will randomly lose its livery.

As far as the menus, fair point. Either way, it's yet another odd/poor decision by the T10 team. The only payoff I see is that you have a mini version of Forzavista in this menu that allows you to open the doors/hood. Why that felt that was necessary or worth the trade-off makes zero sense to me.

Yeah same here its so flippin annoying. They would be better of not having rotating var models.

I hate it so much. Even though it's not game breaking, the laggy menus ruins my experience and I loathe having to use them.

Its changing the way I actually used to play the previous games. I try as hard to avoid even going to the garage. When i go to the buy car menu its slow but its fine.

I also hate the fact that i cant select any favourite cars like in FM4. That i cant take pictures in the View Car option.

This just popped in my mind. Why dont we have a constant best lap tab when racing. Even simple things like this that have been in previous Forza’s are left out. I used to love racing my best ghost laps on select track to tune my cars. Its not implemented Its a great game but with a few little adjustments can be even better than FM4 ever was.

The loading speed of the garage is embarrassing. It gets slightly better after scrolling over the manufacturer tabs once, but restarting the game will then repeat the nightmare all over again. :yuck:

There is a minor benefit to it though. Selected cars load instantly back to the main menu, whereas it took longer to carry out this action in FM6 because the garage was only using static images. But who doesn't prefer faster garage browsing over the loading speed of car selection? :boggled:

Agree on the menus. I can't stand selecting a car. What confuses me is that the car buy selection menus are fine, it's just the personal garage that is painfully slow.
Not excusing it, but the difference between the two is that loading cars from your garage also has to query each installed part, paint job, and the car's history details from your garage database. Loading from the new car selection is quicker because it simply has to load a fresh car with no extra data.

It's not just that they've replaced the still images, they use the fully modelled high-poly cars in the selection screens. I can't fathom why they wouldn't just use lower quality models in the menus.

Has anyone else had an issue where all sound form the game is completely mute when in any multiplayer lobby screens?

I’ve has this in every lobby I’ve been in since the latest update and have had no sound in lobbies and for the majority of all Races I enter. Sound is usually gone until I return to single player.

It's not just that they've replaced the still images, they use the fully modelled high-poly cars in the selection screens. I can't fathom why they wouldn't just use lower quality models in the menus.

The thing I don't understand is how the hardware of today doesn't allow for faster loading of high quality models. There must be some way to optimize it without opting for low quality models, which would compromise the selling point of HD graphics.

Back