Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
The thing I don't understand is how the hardware of today doesn't allow for faster loading of high quality models. There must be some way to optimize it without opting for low quality models, which would compromise the selling point of HD graphics.

It wouldn't really compromise the selling point of HD graphics, because you're not going to be close enough to examine the details in the menus. Even if there was a way to optimize it further (which I doubt, considering how much they've pushed the stable ingame 60fps), it wouldn't necessarily be worth the effort over simply replacing some of the finer details with lower-poly normal-mapped geometry. Apparently even that wasn't worth the effort, so they just left the menus horribly optimized...

The most irritating thing about this is that FM7 is the racing game I relax with. It's on the family room TV and I'll play it on controller. I have a sim rig in my gaming room in the basement that I'll play Assetto Corsa and Project CARS 2 on, which usually requires a bit more effort. Somehow, navigating the menus in FM7 is more stressful.

Aren’t we just exagerating a bit now? I find the tab/column layout quite easy to navigate, and the cars do not load slower than say the Gran Turismo Sport models. Plus after selecting the car it appears immediately in the main garage, with full Forzavista navigation and no load times whatsoever.

Aren’t we just exagerating a bit now? I find the tab/column layout quite easy to navigate, and the cars do not load slower than say the Gran Turismo Sport models. Plus after selecting the car it appears immediately in the main garage, with full Forzavista navigation and no load times whatsoever.
Switching between tabs and cars is so laggy that it crashes my Xone X at least once per session. I'd rather have longer load time than deal with this nuisance.

And it looks like the Alfa 33 Stradale is a clear pick for anyone wanting to win in that B Class hopper.

Hardly anyone got close to it for most of the night, but it did have a slower lap time than a rapid 97’ Civic that someone brought to Watkins Glen. :P

On the subject of the Civic, I took my FE Civic up to A Class with the 3.0 V8, still front drive and has just over 350hp.

Not A Class op, but definitely a contender especially for a front wheel drive. 👍

Also it’s probably already been mentioned, but some of those FE cars with wide body kits? Same size tyres as the non widebody versions, 265’s max on the standard Type R and 265’s on the Widebody.

Anyone else notice the Toyota Baja truck behind the Winter Gear in the WIR? Possible February DLC?

Forza_WIR.jpg

And it looks like the Alfa 33 Stradale is a clear pick for anyone wanting to win in that B Class hopper.
I didn't think it could go down that far in PI, it's always been an A-Class leaderboard car in previous games (and still is).

Last night the Honda S2000 was dominating in the races I competed in, multiple ways to build it too depending on what power/grip ratio you want.

Game is still extremely buggy when counting distance driven in Leagues.
It's not counting them, better to say, so there is more and more occasions when game is doing that!

I dont like the menus compared to GT because of the quality of the cars etc there thats in GT top notch. The way it is build is fine by me.

Tried to drive Lime Rock track days Rivals:

Audi R18 e-tron Quattro with controller and hardcore settings, brutal as beast driven...

This is going to most likely be an unpopular opinion and I see why people would disagree with it, but I hope we get a used car dealership in FM8 instead of the speciality dealer that's currently in FM7.

Just a thought, instead of it having 3/4 cars in, it could have about 10/15 cars each cycle distributed in random manufacture colours just like in the past GT installments.

There could be about 400 used cars to collect. Instead of it cycling every week (speciality dealer) it could recycle after every few races or every day.

The cars that are in the USD should also not be locked. So you can use them for free play just like in the previous Forza installments. So you don't have to worry about* anything being locked. And I just think it would be a better way to collect cars.

I just think the way the cars have been locked in fm7 isnt right. They could of done it differently like in Forza Motorsports 2.

Would this work in a Forza Motorsports game? Or should Forza just go back to its roots and make every single car available in the dealerships? Interested to hear people's opinions.

(Note: I didn't know where to put this so I just stuck into the latest general discussion thread, just an idea I had in my head.)

Last edited:
The cars that are in the USD should also not be locked. So you can use them for free play just like in the previous Forza installments. So you don't have to worry aboot anything being locked.
All the locked cars in FM7 are available to rent in freeplay. But I do think a used car dealer of sorts that cycles based on an in-game calendar would be a better option then the current specialty dealer system.

This is going to most likely be an unpopular opinion and I see why people would disagree with it, but I hope we get a used car dealership in FM8 instead of the speciality dealer that's currently in FM7.

Just a thought, instead of it having 3/4 cars in, it could have about 10/15 cars each cycle distributed in random manufacture colours just like in the past GT installments.

There could be about 400 used cars to collect. Instead of it cycling every week (speciality dealer) it could recycle after every few races or every day.

The cars that are in the USD should also not be locked. So you can use them for free play just like in the previous Forza installments. So you don't have to worry aboot anything being locked. And I just think it would be a better way to collect cars.

I just think the way the cars have been locked in fm7 isnt right. They could of done it differently like in Forza Motorsports 2.

Would this work in a Forza Motorsports game? Or should Forza just go back to its roots and make every single car available in the dealerships? Interested to hear people's opinions.

(Note: I didn't know where to put this so I just stuck into the latest general discussion thread, just an idea I had in my head.)
I think you'll find a few of us would welcome that suggestion. :)

T10, hire this guy stat!
💡:lol: Now seriously, comparing car acquisition methods from Forza 4-7, (unfortunately I did not appreciate more serious car games back then), I think FM4 was best: you leveled up, you got your free selection from three choices, you moved on and saved those precious credits to buy some other car you were fond of. FM5 was too restrictive, FM6 was too unfulfilling, FM7 well... that's why we are talking about it. Can someone illustrate how it worked in pre-FM4 Forzas please?

💡:lol: Now seriously, comparing car acquisition methods from Forza 4-7, (unfortunately I did not appreciate more serious car games back then), I think FM4 was best: you leveled up, you got your free selection from three choices, you moved on and saved those precious credits to buy some other car you were fond of. FM5 was too restrictive, FM6 was too unfulfilling, FM7 well... that's why we are talking about it. Can someone illustrate how it worked in pre-FM4 Forzas please?

I can't remember how it worked in FM3, but in FM1 and 2 you would win cars from certain championships like in GT, and some pre-set unlocks would be given to you every 5 levels.

Why is so many people already talking about FM8?
Didn't we pay for FM7, can they improve things here?
Oh yes - they can, but only with heavy pressure of community!

Just look what Evos did with/from DriveClub, how much different, on better, become last Gran Turismo titles...years were needed, but games were finished!

Two years is just too quick cycle for franchise like FM, specially in these new days of DLC's and microtransactions...
They sell bug festival, car, vip and many separate packs after - and "everybody's happy" - really myself asking, why...?

Back