Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Nice to see the car pass is being extended by two months, and that more free cars are coming. However, I have a sneaky suspicion that T10 will probably be right back in the dog house if they don't deliver in regards to wanted cars (meaning, no more SUV/trucks/anything offroad and start whittling down the community wishlist)

That photo of the Ford Mustang a few posts back got me thinking because it was that car that was part of that thumbnail leak awhile back.

So it’s possible that the new to the series cars that also were leaked could very well show up in these packs with a few unleaked cars alongside them. :P

all i want is to be able to individually choose which cars the AI drive in free race..I could do it in FM2 with system link, and could do it in FM 3 & 4 in online private lobbies..since then I can't do it at all.

T10 always taking options away :/
And you would think with alllllll these updates and fixes we've had and will continue to have, that would make a return. But nope, to no avail STILL!

A little disappointed that there’s nothing new single player-wise but the extended car pass is something I wasn’t expecting.

Wasn’t expecting the drag overhaul. I was just thinking the other day how cool a NHRA expansion would be :D

This is the part that makes me happy since IIRC there hasn't been proper drag racing in a console game since PS2 and those games sucked. It also kind of sucks that it's going to be single player only at the start but considering the online drag racing we have now is horrible hopefully that means they are doing a complete overhaul and incorporating a proper tournament structure.

Between that and the class rivals returning I'm starting to get interested in FM7 again (now if only they added blueprint).

Tesla is going to be in a joint DLC with Hennessy. You pay up front right away, but you’ll probably be waiting awhile for the cars. :P

tenor.gif

The more I think about this the better it sounds. I would have been happy with 2 more paid packs, but now they are free with the car pass I already bought, plus mkre free cars. Expansion be darned(but missed dearly) because that is cool for me right there.

So, in short:
  • The track limits have been redone, and it seems like an in-depth race regulation system is being implemented

Thats the awesome stuff i´m waiting for since years... Penaltys over penaltys for everyone that drives dirty... Hopefully the MP gets way better because of the new system :)

Last edited:
The new features announced sound good but one could wonder why it takes almost a year after launch to implement this stuff and not sooner, especially since the team most likely has not been working on an expansion. Unless they actually did work on an expansion but it’s being kept in store for a future FM title. I have no clue how much units FM7 sold but I guess it’s less than previous FM titles, maybe sales have been so low releasing an expansion now would financially not be interesting for them.

I highly doubt FM7 will see any expansion. E3 is less than a month away and that will bring most likely the FH4 announcement. I don’t think they will announce any FM7 expansions when they start marketing FH4 and make the community warm for the next Forza game, it would not make much sense.

Nevertheless, you can’t complain about extra car pass packs, extra free content and finally some reworking of the track limits. Let’s just hope the laggy and buggy car selection menus get a bit of unannounced love as well, even on my X1X the turtle speed at which those cars update just look pathetic.And that’s even with FM7 installed on an external SSD.

38A7137E-8461-4B35-9BC0-7E3840B63C3A.jpeg

Summary of what was announced.

I’m happier with this than I would be with any new content/DLC they could have announced. I already have hundreds of cars, tracks and events to play with, I don’t need more. I’d rather have new ways to play the game, or improvements to how I currently play, and last night’s announcement gave me exactly that.

I do wonder if the Indycar IR18 could be a stand alone free car possibly.

I’d only really be wanting an expansion so we could get a new track. The only new track to the series at release was Dubai, the others I had played before, so a new track would really be nice.

The new features announced sound good but one could wonder why it takes almost a year after launch to implement this stuff and not sooner, especially since the team most likely has not been working on an expansion.

Its hard to say what T10 has been doing internally, since they are not normally as forthcoming on information as this. That said however, adding completely redone track limits and creating what I hope will be a fairly decent penalty system (god I hope they are going to include crash penalties of some kind), it takes time to code into a preexisting software package. It is strange they are implementing it in FM7 though, I personally would have expected them to make such a big change for FM8. Its possible player numbers and sales figures for FM7 are far lower than anticipated, and as such they might be scrambling to fix some of the holes their lacklustre attitude to track limits and poor driving of end users has created over the past few years.

Ive hardly played FM7 due to lack of leaderboards, and how much of a crash fest the game has become online. Assuming all leaderboards get a complete wipe for the new track limits, and with class leaderboards making a return; I might definitely get back to hotlapping in Forza at the very least. And if they can address the griefers and crashers problem, I might even get back into online racing. Something I have not really done since FM5.

What upsets me the most about Turn10 is the fact that they always say that they listen to the community... Really? If that was the case, Forza would've been "fixed" many years ago. Brian Ekberg on the latest "Inside Xbox" episode that we're all talking about admitted that MP does bring in carnage and that's a by-product of MP. I wholeheartedly agree with that statement, but this carnage in Forza MP has been around since the beginning and the only thing they've done to fix it is add a ghost hopper and mark dirty laps. Dirty laps don't really cure the corner 1 debacle where "racers" rely on other cars for brakes and not the actual brake button.
GT Sport seriously opened my eyes when it came to racing MP, especially the sport division. Time penalties and auto ghosting along with qualifying make it all fun.
Forza 7 has everything it needs to make it the absolute best MP racing game but falls short in such fundamental ways.

Anyway, it's just another comment from me which I'm sure will get picked up by the Forza team who "listen" to their community.

What upsets me the most about Turn10 is the fact that they always say that they listen to the community... Really? If that was the case, Forza would've been "fixed" many years ago. Brian Ekberg on the latest "Inside Xbox" episode that we're all talking about admitted that MP does bring in carnage and that's a by-product of MP. I wholeheartedly agree with that statement, but this carnage in Forza MP has been around since the beginning and the only thing they've done to fix it is add a ghost hopper and mark dirty laps. Dirty laps don't really cure the corner 1 debacle where "racers" rely on other cars for brakes and not the actual brake button.
GT Sport seriously opened my eyes when it came to racing MP, especially the sport division. Time penalties and auto ghosting along with qualifying make it all fun.
Forza 7 has everything it needs to make it the absolute best MP racing game but falls short in such fundamental ways.

Anyway, it's just another comment from me which I'm sure will get picked up by the Forza team who "listen" to their community.

You're kidding with that first and last statement right? The ones that imply they don't listen to the community? 90% if not all of what was announced in this video are things the community has been asking for since FM7 launched or even earlier.

You sound more like a person who is here to just bash on Forza and promote GT Sport. In that case your forum is here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gran-turismo-sport/

You're kidding with that first and last statement right? The ones that imply they don't listen to the community? 90% if not all of what was announced in this video are things the community has been asking for since FM7 launched or even earlier.

You sound more like a person who is here to just bash on Forza and promote GT Sport. In that case your forum is here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gran-turismo-sport/
Before you assume anymore, I highly suggest you check my stats for Forza Motorsport and realise this isn’t some fanboy bashing champ. GT and PSN ID are both billynotsilly.

90% of the community are asking for features to come back yet where’s the innovation?

And lets be honest, with how much people bitch about how the penalities don't work in GT Sport, it's not like the grass is greener on the other side. Hell, I've seen complaints coming from iRacing, and that's the originator.

Really, you cannot make a penalty system using computers. If you want to have a good penalty system, you need to have a human watching and make judgements that way. But of course, that's impossible. So here we are, with a binary system.

Back