Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
I don't think you understood my comment all the way. I was saying that I'm so lazy that I rather just have 2 duplicate cars to pick between on one menu versus going through menus to just uninstall a mod, then re-install it later. In other words, I know that builds save, just like how you can save liveries (which I usually have applied to modded cars). Is still prefer having two duplicates to pick between regardless, it's more convenient for me that way. Especially with Forza 7's loading times being a mess sometimes.

For me it's not even that, it's just that having a modified car without a full-stock equivalent in the garage T R I G G E R S me. That being said, tuned and painted cars put me in a bad mood regardless (which is hilarious, considering that I am a livery-maker), so I often load the livery and tune when I need it, and reset the car to stock soon after. :lol:

-

Chances of the Forza Monthly tomorrow hosting the unveiling of a car pack, guys?

Connectivity to the Forza servers seems to be an issue recently. I have noticed this over the last couple of weeks. Difficulty connecting to League play, sporadic unavailability to the leader boards, Daily credits prizes not showing up, Weekly Forza bonus delays, and now issues with claiming Forzathon prizes. Has anybody else been experiencing this? Any news on what's going on?

Chances of the Forza Monthly tomorrow hosting the unveiling of a car pack, guys?
>1%? I would love to be proven wrong, though.

Connectivity to the Forza servers seems to be an issue recently. I have noticed this over the last couple of weeks. Difficulty connecting to League play, sporadic unavailability to the leader boards, Daily credits prizes not showing up, Weekly Forza bonus delays, and now issues with claiming Forzathon prizes. Has anybody else been experiencing this? Any news on what's going on?
Yeah, I've had those problems. I couldn't even get into League play for four straight days last week. About half the time it took me a couple tries to claim my Forzathon prizes yesterday. At least for this weekend, anyway, I think their servers might be taking a hit from all the people trying the game out over the Free Play weekend.

I can say for a certainty there is a 0% chance of a car pack being unveiled tomorrow, on the 10th however... ;)

They said they were going to be showing off stuff coming to FM7, so I'm guessing we will get a car pack as well as the drag racing stuff.

>1%? I would love to be proven wrong, though.

Yeah, I've had those problems. I couldn't even get into League play for four straight days last week. About half the time it took me a couple tries to claim my Forzathon prizes yesterday. At least for this weekend, anyway, I think their servers might be taking a hit from all the people trying the game out over the Free Play weekend.
Been trying to play Rivals all weekend and half the time it won’t load any leaderboards.

I have another issue with FM7, I sometimes can't share things like my liveries and photos. It's annoying me! When I go to share it, I have to of course pick a couple of keywords. However I sometimes can't do that, I move my joystick and d-pad; neither does anything. I would say it's the controller, but I still can freely scroll with those commands easily.

I can say for a certainty there is a 0% chance of a car pack being unveiled tomorrow, on the 10th however... ;)

They said they were going to be showing off stuff coming to FM7, so I'm guessing we will get a car pack as well as the drag racing stuff.

Do you know it for a fact, or is this just a very solid guess? Because my thinking is that it wouldn't make much sense to miss an opportunity to showcase the final car pass DLC, and that they may show it today and release it next week together with the monthly CU, like they've done with the July pack.

Isn't today a holiday in the usa ?

Yes, Labor Day. Pretty much a day where any big company that isn't a restaurant will have the day off.

If Turn 10 does something today I will be very surprised, next week could be something though.

Yes, Labor Day. Pretty much a day where any big company that isn't a restaurant will have the day off.

If Turn 10 does something today I will be very surprised, next week could be something though.

...we already have an appointment for the Forza Monthly? Doubt any CU will roll out today or tomorrow, tho. Next Tuesday seems the most likely candidate for the release of the September update.

EDIT: the Forza Monthly is on the 10th, my bad. ^^"

Last edited:
...we already have an appointment for the Forza Monthly? Doubt any CU will roll out today or tomorrow, tho. Next Tuesday seems the most likely candidate for the release of the September update.

EDIT: the Forza Monthly is on the 10th, my bad. ^^"
I think the last car pack of the pass will be revealed this month and the FD pack when Horizon rolls out.

I don't think you understood my comment all the way. I was saying that I'm so lazy that I rather just have 2 duplicate cars to pick between on one menu versus going through menus to just uninstall a mod, then re-install it later. In other words, I know that builds save, just like how you can save liveries (which I usually have applied to modded cars). I still prefer having two duplicates to pick between regardless, it's more convenient for me that way. Especially with Forza 7's loading times being a mess sometimes.
You don't go through menus to uninstall or install mods to install a tune.

I don't care what you do, but you clearly don't understand how installing tunes works.

Bright side, you'll have twice as much play time before you have "everything".

I don't care what you do, but you clearly don't understand how installing tunes works.

Bright side, you'll have twice as much play time before you have "everything".
He does, you just don't understand the relatively easy point hes trying to make.

He can either have two vehicles, and easily choose between them without having to go through any extra steps

Or he can have 1 and have to open up a couple more menus to make the changes. Laziness is the prime factor in doing this, so he chose the easier route.

Okay, I'm going to humor you. If there's no menus to go through to uninstall a tune on your car, then what do you do? Because from what I've played, I had to go select my car, go back to the tuning/upgrade menu, select the option to remove tune if I want to drive the car stock again.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm going to humor you. If there's no menus to go through to uninstall a tune on your car, then what do you do? Because from what I've played, I had to go select my car, go back to the tuning/upgrade menu, select the option to remove tune if I want to drive the car stock again.
Well it's being worded as selecting and installing mods, which is pretty different from the 5 or 6 buttons required to change tunes. (Yes technically it is installing mods, but it's far from actually installing the parts individually) ((and it's SUPER EASY))

Also, what about a 3rd build? 4th?
Stock
Spec
700A
800S
Maxed

It's up to you how to play the game, but stating it's easier to build up a metric ton of different builds is far from true.

Now if, for some reason, you only ever need exactly 2, I guess it is easier.

I'm not judging it, I've got something like 12 Vipers and 8 Ferrari 599's myself, it's just not for the sake of ease.

Well it's being worded as selecting and installing mods, which is pretty different from the 5 or 6 buttons required to change tunes. (Yes technically it is installing mods, but it's far from actually installing the parts individually) ((and it's SUPER EASY))
My apologies if I confused you, but I figured you could pick up on it when others were. I guess I was wrong.

Also, what about a 3rd build? 4th?
Stock
Spec
700A
800S
Maxed
I don't do more than 2 cars. One is left stock while the duplicate is left for mods.

Now if, for some reason, you only ever need exactly 2, I guess it is easier.
Well, there you go and it's quicker. I spend more money, but that hardly matters when I'm given 425k credits every week (and you can get a lot of free cars in level ups). Especially now with Time Attack back.

Last edited:
@TheAdmiester I'm noticing another slight change to photomode. Backfire flames no longer get distorted when using shutter speed. They no longer leave a long weird streak lol.

@TheAdmiester I'm noticing another slight change to photomode. Backfire flames no longer get distorted when using shutter speed. They no longer leave a long weird streak lol.
I believe that was a change with Forza 7 at launch, definitely a nice improvement.

Another one you may have noticed is that on previous games, if you pressed the focus button on your car's window, the focus would depend on what's behind the window. For example, if the interior was under the crosshair then the car is focused on, if it's scenery behind the window then the car loses focus. This is no longer the case in FM7 and the glass is always a part of the car. Just a small quality of life improvement but it was quite a big change for me.

I believe that was a change with Forza 7 at launch, definitely a nice improvement.

Another one you may have noticed is that on previous games, if you pressed the focus button on your car's window, the focus would depend on what's behind the window. For example, if the interior was under the crosshair then the car is focused on, if it's scenery behind the window then the car loses focus. This is no longer the case in FM7 and the glass is always a part of the car. Just a small quality of life improvement but it was quite a big change for me.
I don't think it was at launch, I could have sworn I ran into the issue when I first started playing the game. Though I can't accurately recall, to be honest.

Hopefully they continue things like this, these small changes have made a big difference for me. Hopefully we can see something larger in future titles as well.

My apologies if I confused you, but I figured you could pick up on it when others were. I guess I was wrong.
Nope, just a big dummy.

I don't do more than 2 cars. One is left stock while the duplicate is left for mods.
You realize....nevermind.

Well, there you go and it's quicker. I spend more money, but that hardly matters when I'm given 425k credits every week (and you can get a lot of free cars in level ups). Especially now with Time Attack back.
Well you realize you're still....nevermind.
:)

You realize....nevermind.
Well you realize you're still....nevermind.
images

In hopper lobby's you dont have time to change car and then change setup/tune....best thing is to have multiple cars wwith the tunes allready on them. :)

In hopper lobby's you dont have time to change car and then change setup/tune....best thing is to have multiple cars wwith the tunes allready on them. :)
That's a good point, but also something that keeps me offline a lot.
I barely have time to sip a drink between races, let alone adjust a tune or change anything.

I prefer slightly longer races with some time in between to do, well, anything.

Back