Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Alright, who will be the first to make a Drag Race Leaderboard? :lol: The mode does work well, so far as I've found, and the load times flicking between menus (like switching out cars for example) are fantastic. I could spend a lot of time here.

Update, frozen twice in 25 minutes. X One with disc copy of 7. Once was drag mode chosing cars, once in livery editor. Hopefully both flukes, but..

Them GT2 vibes! :embarrassed:
1984_Nissan_Skyline_R30_Silhouette_Formula-e1442513909810.jpg
Things have changed in the last 19 years.

1984 Nissan #11 Skyline Turbo Super Silhouette

I created a silhouette race using a few these, a few of the bluebirds and tla few of those imsa mustangs and wow, what clean fun racing between those 3. Group 5 is by far my favorite class in this game, so much you can do and many different matchups to play with.

I created a silhouette race using a few these, a few of the bluebirds and tla few of those imsa mustangs and wow, what clean fun racing between those 3. Group 5 is by far my favorite class in this game, so much you can do and many different matchups to play with.
That whole GT Racing Reborn class is so much fun. Look at the variety of cars:

• 1994 Nissan #94 Cunningham Racing 300ZX
  • 1991 Mazda #62 Mazda Motorsport RX-7
  • 1990 Mercury #15 Whistler Radar Cougar XR-7
  • 1989 Audi #4 Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO
  • 1988 Nissan #33 Bob Sharp Racing 300ZX
  • 1984 Nissan #11 Skyline Turbo Super Silhouette
  • 1984 Nissan #20 Coca-Cola Bluebird Super Silhouette
  • 1982 Ford #6 Zakspeed Roush Mustang IMSA GTO
  • 1982 Ferrari #71 Ferrari France 512 BB/LM
  • 1982 Ferrari #72 N.A.R.T. 512 BB/LM
  • 1981 Ford #55 Liqui Moly equipe Capri Turbo
  • 1981 Ford #2 Zakspeed Racing Capri Turbo
  • 1980 Lancia #31 Lancia Corse Beta Montecarlo Turbo
  • 1979 Datsun #33 Bob Sharp Racing 280ZX Turbo
  • 1979 BMW #6 BMW Motorsport M1 Procar
  • 1978 Porsche #78 MOMO 935/78
  • 1976 Chevrolet #76 Greenwood Corvette
  • 1975 BMW #25 BMW Motorsport 3.0 CSL

20 years of top line GT racing with just about every major manufacturer present (with the exception of Toyota, and that's their (incredibly poor) choice). Every single car on that list is a riot to drive.

That whole GT Racing Reborn class is so much fun. Look at the variety of cars:

• 1994 Nissan #94 Cunningham Racing 300ZX
  • 1991 Mazda #62 Mazda Motorsport RX-7
  • 1990 Mercury #15 Whistler Radar Cougar XR-7
  • 1989 Audi #4 Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO
  • 1988 Nissan #33 Bob Sharp Racing 300ZX
  • 1984 Nissan #11 Skyline Turbo Super Silhouette
  • 1984 Nissan #20 Coca-Cola Bluebird Super Silhouette
  • 1982 Ford #6 Zakspeed Roush Mustang IMSA GTO
  • 1982 Ferrari #71 Ferrari France 512 BB/LM
  • 1982 Ferrari #72 N.A.R.T. 512 BB/LM
  • 1981 Ford #55 Liqui Moly equipe Capri Turbo
  • 1981 Ford #2 Zakspeed Racing Capri Turbo
  • 1980 Lancia #31 Lancia Corse Beta Montecarlo Turbo
  • 1979 Datsun #33 Bob Sharp Racing 280ZX Turbo
  • 1979 BMW #6 BMW Motorsport M1 Procar
  • 1978 Porsche #78 MOMO 935/78
  • 1976 Chevrolet #76 Greenwood Corvette
  • 1975 BMW #25 BMW Motorsport 3.0 CSL

20 years of top line GT racing with just about every major manufacturer present (with the exception of Toyota, and that's their (incredibly poor) choice). Every single car on that list is a riot to drive.
Yeah I'm sad that there's no Toyota to throwdown into this group but yes fully agreed the division as a whole has just about everything you need represented...except there's still 2 or 3 cars I'd probably add to fully cap off this division. The 1976 Chevy dekon Monza, 1979 BMW 320i turbo and a late 80s imsa racer to play with that Bob Sharp Nissan 300zx like either a roush racing imsa mustang or Oldsmobile toronado imsa GTO.

Public Meetups are live. Three hoppers, one for Drift, one Open Test Track and one Track Day one.

I've noticed a few fame drops while playing the mode (and some gamertags disappear) but for the most part it works as advertised, seamlessly change cars and hop back into the action. You can just sit in the lobby if you have to afk, or you can buy and tune cars whilst in the lobby and then drive them straight away which is cool.

I'd be cool to get a GTP lobby going, you could have like a fastest hot lap challenge or something.

Edit: You also earn credits in meetups. Everytime you back into the pits you earn some, nice little bonus!

I just want to say that I'm really loving the Meetup feature online. It brings me all the way back in the GT5 from the starting of 2011. Just driving, hangout, and overall just having fun and showing off your cars! The fact that you can make money (credits) out of it as well, gives it a BIG plus of greatest feature added to Forza 7. And the new drag mode is also great as well. In the "Tune" menu, it even displays your "1/4 mile" under acceleration. :D

It's sad that it's missing some sponsors like Tomica. The thing is almost naked without it. Thankfully, someone menage to make a replica out of it. :)
Man it's been so long I've seen and driven this car, ever since from the early to mid 2000's when I was younger.
@TokoTurismo It's done! Though, it's missing a couple of decals. Mainly because I don't have them and I'm not sure if I'm talented enough to create them.
0894fa80-bb33-4987-a38a-6f5e4a4e1156
It looks great! 👍 It's alright if it's missing some decals, it's good enough in my book. Good work on the design btw. Not too perfect, just right. :)

One thing of note, the drag racing update takes your reaction time into account... granted this is experimental, but RT does not impact your elapsed time in actual drag racing.

The AI also has terrible RTs, and I noticed it seems hard coded that they'll pull the same RT run after run until you quit the session and start again.

I cut a 0.0017 RT on a few runs, I think it doesn't let you get under that. :lol:

One thing of note, the drag racing update takes your reaction time into account... granted this is experimental, but RT does not impact your elapsed time in actual drag racing.

The AI also has terrible RTs, and I noticed it seems hard coded that they'll pull the same RT run after run until you quit the session and start again.

I cut a 0.0017 RT on a few runs, I think it doesn't let you get under that. :lol:
To add to that, the AI has some serious trap speeds matter fact they are downright ridiculous lol. When was the last time you heard of a stock Mercedes SLS amg run a 10.1 sec @ 147mph trap... weird.

To add to that, the AI has some serious trap speeds matter fact they are downright ridiculous lol. When was the last time you heard of a stock Mercedes SLS amg run a 10.1 sec @ 147mph trap... weird.
Their rubber banding is insane in drag races. I took the 2000HP GTX F&F with my own drag setup to Dubai and a stock A CLASS WRX STI F&F got a 9.3 second drag time while I was on 9.5.

Actually, I'm wrong on that I believe they were referring to the Hoonigan pack and not the FD pack, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked the same way.
Oh yes, I remember for Hoonigan... Not sure it would work the same way... there's no reason.
Hoonigan was around fo a while so excluding it from the "new" car packs is logical.
FD pack will be brand new.

Anyone knows how many cars in FD car pack?
If it's more than 7, it may not be included :)

I tried out the Meetup hoppers last night and I must say they are quite fun. Was at Road Atlanta with a Chevrolet Vega and there were people tandem drifting, drag racing, people hot lapping anything from slow cars to the Renault R.S.17, and there was a person hooning around on two wheels with a V8 swapped VW Bus :lol:

It's also nice that we're able to use rental cars as well :)

Back