Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
So, in multiplayer, especially leagues, does anyone else try to put up clean laps? A minor source of frustration is that I try to stay clean, don't win, and at the end often have the only tag without a triangle. So if I stay for a second race I get put in the front, again try to race clean (even after getting plowed into in sim), and lose. (Okay, so if I were better I wouldn't lose). And then my league points get dinged.

I'm finding the experience has gotten better of late--even enough that I had some very good races in the sim lobby--but it's still mixed.

So, in multiplayer, especially leagues, does anyone else try to put up clean laps? A minor source of frustration is that I try to stay clean, don't win, and at the end often have the only tag without a triangle. So if I stay for a second race I get put in the front, again try to race clean (even after getting plowed into in sim), and lose. (Okay, so if I were better I wouldn't lose). And then my league points get dinged.

I'm finding the experience has gotten better of late--even enough that I had some very good races in the sim lobby--but it's still mixed.
I know that drafting used to get you flagged as dirty, so I dont know if that's a thing still. If it is, than unless you're in first, you'll probably end up with a dirty lap, the majority of the time.

I know that drafting used to get you flagged as dirty, so I dont know if that's a thing still. If it is, than unless you're in first, you'll probably end up with a dirty lap, the majority of the time.

Thanks. I was wondering about that, as earlier today I got hit and shoved off the track early in the race, but then made my way back up through the field to finish third, without getting tagged with a dirty lap (other than the first one). I thought I was close enough to draft, but I suppose not.

Thanks. I was wondering about that, as earlier today I got hit and shoved off the track early in the race, but then made my way back up through the field to finish third, without getting tagged with a dirty lap (other than the first one). I thought I was close enough to draft, but I suppose not.
I'm really not 100% as I haven't played in some time, but this at least used to be a thing in the past. Hopefully someone more active can chime in for you.

I'm really not 100% as I haven't played in some time, but this at least used to be a thing in the past. Hopefully someone more active can chime in for you.
Drafting does make your lap uncertified. It makes it easy to know when you are close enough to draft, as the little symbol will be flashing by your lap time (like it does when you're off-track) the whole time you are drafting.

Drafting does make your lap uncertified. It makes it easy to know when you are close enough to draft, as the little symbol will be flashing by your lap time (like it does when you're off-track) the whole time you are drafting.

Thanks. I've mostly been sticking to the ghosts, but I like the sim category in this round. I'm not sure how I managed to get through most of the field without drafting; maybe it's not as quick to count it as before.

Thanks. I've mostly been sticking to the ghosts, but I like the sim category in this round. I'm not sure how I managed to get through most of the field without drafting; maybe it's not as quick to count it as before.

Another quirk of the dirty lap indicator: if you have a dirty final sector of the preceding lap, the entire following lap is dirty. It makes sense (to avoid unfair advantages at lap-start), but something to keep in mind when trying to set a clean one.

Last edited:

Clean Laps help you start in a higher grid slot in the following race, so I always go for them if I’m not in a battle

I have noticed a glitch recently, and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. When racing any race in Free Play and using a Forza Edition car with the bonus tied to "3 Good Drifts". I am not getting any credit for a Good Drift, (or Perfect Drift for that matter). I see Good Turn and Perfect Turn. I believe this hasn't worked since the Drift update was installed. Has anyone else noticed this? Or has the bar for Good and Perfect drifts been set higher with the new drift suspension? I ask that specifically because I haven't installed any of those suspension kits yet.

Does anyone know if there is one more car pack left for the Car Pass or if we're done? Help is appreciated.
Ha that's a nice question that I beg for T10 to answer with full detail. We are still owed one last car pack for car pass owners but T10 has remained tight lipped on this subject for nearly 6 months now. I don't get what's the hold up, I would hope with December being the last month of this year they will finally drop this pack but I guess we will wait to see what they say in Decembers Forza monthly coming up soon.

Ha that's a nice question that I beg for T10 to answer with full detail. We are still owed one last car pack for car pass owners but T10 has remained tight lipped on this subject for nearly 6 months now. I don't get what's the hold up, I would hope with December being the last month of this year they will finally drop this pack but I guess we will wait to see what they say in Decembers Forza monthly coming up soon.

So we are owed another pack, that's what I was wondering. Would be a nice Christmas surprise. Just give me the Agera RS, Senna, Huracan Performante and 488 Pista and I'll be really happy.

E2FF5A18-D6E7-4B2E-8545-EA20762983B2.jpeg

Is that a unicorn I see?! :eek:

Yep, their finally offering up the FE Raptor. :bowdown:

DSfrrQK.jpg

H2ws1HU.jpg

Tomorrow's session will be a special one as we're celebrating the 1 year anniversary of Casual Racing Mondays!

We'll begin with some Sport Compact Icons races followed by Forza GT.

This will also be the first time I'm streaming the racing from Forza Motorsport 7, so feel free to stop by and say hello.

--------

Tweet:

Stream:

Returned to his after a break, spent pretty much all day Sunday online and can honestly say I'm finding the A class hoppers surprising clean and well behaved.
Everything just feels more race focused and cleaner, the game now has a more serious feel to it than it did the last time I played it, no one playing battering rams with SUVs anymore!

I'm Really enjoying the direction this title is going tbh
good job Turn 10

Did the Diablo GTR go out yet? I'm about 98% sure I ran a lap, but I don't see it anywhere...

Did the Diablo GTR go out yet? I'm about 98% sure I ran a lap, but I don't see it anywhere...

I received mine I want to say about 2 weeks ago. Not sure if they're sending them in batches, but that would suck as it's a great car.

I wonder what will be coming in the December Update we should find out in the coming hours.

The monthly show is scheduled for the 17th... weird timing doing it after Fortune Island comes out.

Back