Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
I'm trying to figure out why and how an open world game gets more and cooler race cars than a motorsport track based game....this update bothered me as a FM7 fan.

I'm trying to figure out why and how an open world game gets more and cooler race cars than a motorsport track based game....this update bothered me as a FM7 fan.
I don't think FH4 got more cars than FM7 yet and FM7 development is done, because the team reportedly is focusing on the next FM.

I agree with you in principle. I prefer Motorsport to favor race cars and sports/street cars, and Horizon to favor street cars, trucks, and "oddballs". That being said, historic race cars are kind of pointless without historic tracks, and so they fit rather well in Horizon since tracks in the old days were often public roads to begin with.

(And I don't expect to see any further vehicles added to FM7 since development has ended, even though it would be nice)

Everyone knows that Porsche RS Spyder and Porsche 917/30's livery tragically disappeared from last update, but did you know that Skyline Super Silhouette now has complete livery? Never noticed it until today.

Before:
Forza-Motorsport-7-1984-Nissan-11-Skyline-Turbo-Super-Silhouette-860x484.jpg

After:
Forza Motorsport 7 2019-08-30 11_13_45 PM.png

Forza Motorsport 7 2019-08-30 10_54_21 PM.png

Everyone knows that Porsche RS Spyder and Porsche 917/30's livery tragically disappeared from last update, but did you know that Skyline Super Silhouette now has complete livery? Never noticed it until today.
I think someone beat you to the punch on this livery months back.

EDIT: Yup.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/show-off-your-paints-thread.360155/page-6
1983 Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette RS Turbo #11 Hasemi Motorsport TOMICA [R30]

SU5YqVj.jpg

gxaYeUK.jpg

I think that's a custom livery, though (super well-done custom livery at that. Honestly can't tell the difference). What I'm showing up there is the default livery of the car.
Ohhhhh, sorry. I wasn't paying attention to your full post then, hehe.

Honestly I don't even see why Turn 10 bothers licensing sponsors and such. It would probably be much less expensive to license the blank car and let the community upload paint jobs.

I don't know a lot about licensing though so nevermind.

I hope so. There are some cars, the yellow Spyder being one of them, that I like the base livery better than anything else but maybe some sponsors are missing from the original.
So I went looking the other night out of curiosity and found nothing under where one would expect a user-made replica to be, or under a keyword. Bummer, I thought. But as I was browsing in other categories, one actually showed up for the original yellow RS Spyder livery under "Forza" as the description....

And it instantly reminded me that FM8's livery showcase needs a major overall in the search department. I shouldn't have to dig through tons of user-made cars to find by miracle, a replica livery I was looking for. And I definitely shouldn't have to start from the beginning if I choose a livery to look at. Picking your design lastly, should also work like it does if you're buying the car and give you a preview of what you're looking at instead of just downloading the livery and then taking you back to the selection of available user-made liveries.

And it instantly reminded me that FM8's livery showcase needs a major overall in the search department. I shouldn't have to dig through tons of user-made cars to find by miracle, a replica livery I was looking for. And I definitely shouldn't have to start from the beginning if I choose a livery to look at. Picking your design lastly, should also work like it does if you're buying the car and give you a preview of what you're looking at instead of just downloading the livery and then taking you back to the selection of available user-made liveries.

Better idea, and one that I've been harping on since I first played a current gen Forza game after being on Xbox 360 for so long: bring back the highest rated and most downloaded categories for livery searches. Let those who actually make *good* and *awesome* liveries rise to the top naturally, so I can pick something that I want to represent when I don't know what the hell I want to use right off the hop.

Frankly, both GT Sport and Forza have terrible livery search functions, and how to narrow them down, but I still don't understand why, after what, 6 games on the Xbox One, that T10/PG find it a good idea to have 95% of the first liveries you see when searching be literal dumps people accidentally downloaded, countless Monster liveries, or what have you, instead of having an option to filter by highest rated, or most downloaded, and let the best be seen.

Question: Am I the only one whose '02 NSXR is stuck with the Forza spoiler, whether I already owned it or try to buy a new one? A bug introduced in the last update?

I have no idea why people still think FM6 is better than 7, myself.

Other than the few LMP900s they dropped to add the trucks, SUVs, etc., FM7 absolutely destroys FM6 in every metric you can think of.
I'll argue that forza 6 has a little better car audio and is a little more polished but other than that yeah forza 7 is much better .

"Notice that mention of Bing? That's not the only Microsoft service being leveraged to run the new MSFS. The game will also rely on a whopping two petabytes of satellite and geographical data in Microsoft's Azure Cloud system, which each MSFS instance can connect to in order to render any portion of the planet as realistically as possible.

Asobo was quick to confirm that the game will work in a variety of offline modes"
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019...mulator-taught-me-how-to-fly-an-actual-plane/

I wonder what Turn10/PG will do with Azure to help creating their tracks/worlds faster. Machine learning has an huge amount of potential and i don't think we are ready yet for whats to come.

Last edited:
I did a little online racing this weekend. I noticed there's a hopper called Track Day so I gave it a try, and I really enjoyed it. Bring any car, no need to wait for a race, just get on the track and have fun. I drove my Ferrari 166MM, so I was one of the slowest cars on the track. What I really liked was how respectful everyone was to everyone else out there. Faster cars waited for slower cars to finish the corner before accelerating around them on the straights. The only incident I had I have to put the blame on myself. I was in a corner with a much faster car coming up behind me. I didn't commit to the inside or outside line, giving him nowhere to go and he bumped the back of my car. No harm, no foul and he drove around me on the straight (and I made sure to work harder on my cornering lines.) This game may be over two years old, but it's still got life in it.

I did a little online racing this weekend. I noticed there's a hopper called Track Day so I gave it a try, and I really enjoyed it. Bring any car, no need to wait for a race, just get on the track and have fun. I drove my Ferrari 166MM, so I was one of the slowest cars on the track. What I really liked was how respectful everyone was to everyone else out there. Faster cars waited for slower cars to finish the corner before accelerating around them on the straights. The only incident I had I have to put the blame on myself. I was in a corner with a much faster car coming up behind me. I didn't commit to the inside or outside line, giving him nowhere to go and he bumped the back of my car. No harm, no foul and he drove around me on the straight (and I made sure to work harder on my cornering lines.) This game may be over two years old, but it's still got life in it.
Track Day is essentially GT's Free Roam mode but Turn 10's version. I really like that you can also make money and xp in the Track Day lobbies if you don't feel like racing, like driving any of your cars around different tracks you come to. And as you shared, the people in said lobbies are really respectful to one another which really surprised me at first! There is also Open Track which takes place on the airport course w/ lack of boundaries, and a Drift mode like Track Day by mainly drifting your cars with other people on any track.

I'm hoping these modes make the jump over to FM8. Can you imagine when the fantasy tracks eventually return and user-made lobbies come back along with them? One would be at paradise then, especially with the amount of cars that would be there. :)

If only T10 dropped one last free 7-10 car pack on us before the year is over that contains some real sweet gems to add to some of the divisions

If only T10 dropped one last free 7-10 car pack on us before the year is over that contains some real sweet gems to add to some of the divisions
Would be nice. Some of the stuff that has come to FH4 lately has super-tempted me to pick it up, so I'm hoping they at least find their way to FM8.

I think this game has more then enough content... It´s already insane how much you get for your $$$
Which is something I'm hoping the next Forza will continue to give us: lot's of content for full price. Nowadays some developers are cutting down content in favor of quality, but charging us full price, IMO, just doesn't justify the amount of content you get from them.

I mean don't get me wrong. It'd be interesting to see how T10 can handle it. But we've came this far to not lose everything, so here's my solution. How about give us the amount of content and features FM7 has, and on top of all that, add a whole bunch of new stuff at launch/post launch. For example: Add custom championships, new cars and tracks, a funtional penalty system and some sort of sportsmanship rating like iRacing for offline/online, etc. We really don't need sequels for next gen anymore. Stick with FM8 (no, call it just Forza Motorsport - The Reboot) and do everything I just said above.

The internet would be a happy place for Forza, including the devs as long as they continue to listen to their fanbase onward. Same goes for the next Forza Horizon. Reboot it next gen, and expand the world through updates and expansions.

:cheers:

They really need to push the track limits back on FRR lobbies before they do anything else
Why, in all that is good and holy, do I get a penalty for following the racing line because the track limits start before the Kerbs for some unearthly reason

Back