Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
But look on the bright side. That means the new Forza Motorsport should definitely be announced at E3 2022 next year, as well as release in the fall.
Care to elaborate on this? I don’t see the connection between an expiring license and the release of the next game.
Licensing is so dumb. You don't see movies getting "delisted" because their product placement kickback is over so why does it exist on this medium? For the super crappy soundtracks that I always mute anyway?
The difference is in whose interest it is that the brand is featured in the game/movie and whether it adds any value to the finished product.

Product placement in movies doesn’t typically add any value (other than that it increases the production budget) to the finished product and as such it doesn’t make any sense to negotiate for a time-limited deal.

In racing games, the brands that are featured contributes a lot to the value of the finished product, and as such the owners of these brands are in a position where they can demand compensation. One way to reduce the cost of these licenses is to negotiate a deal that is only valid for a limited time, like 4 years for example.

I get what you're saying but still its dumb from a consumers point of view as not everyone buys the latest hardware when its white hot. If they offered a final edition to round it off with all the DLC and game offered on a disc for posterity then cool but to delist huge chunks of the game just because of their own limitations and then say "FU" to late coming players isn't really that cool.

Its why I dislike digital gaming so much. Bring back the cup and ball!

I don't think GOTY versions and licensing mix too well. I suspect it wasn't really a problem when new versions of Forza were coming out on the regular though.

I miss FM6 and hoped 7 would deliver a similar experience on the PC but it kinda missed the mark for me. I hope Forza Motorsport 2022(?) will eventually fill the gap and most importantly bring something new and vibrant to the table.

Care to elaborate on this? I don’t see the connection between an expiring license and the release of the next game.
No need for elaboration. It's more of a guess than a fact. It could all just be due licensing expiration, but it also has me believe the next Motorsport game is soon upon us after FH5 as well. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

I get what you're saying but still its dumb from a consumers point of view as not everyone buys the latest hardware when its white hot. If they offered a final edition to round it off with all the DLC and game offered on a disc for posterity then cool but to delist huge chunks of the game just because of their own limitations and then say "FU" to late coming players isn't really that cool.

Its why I dislike digital gaming so much. Bring back the cup and ball!
I hear you. I’m still firing up Gran Turismo 2 once in a while, and I played Civilization IV up until fifteen years after its release. The latest games aren’t always the best and it’s a shame that it’s so much harder to play old games than it is to watch old movies.

I hear you. I’m still firing up Gran Turismo 2 once in a while, and I played Civilization IV up until fifteen years after its release. The latest games aren’t always the best and it’s a shame that it’s so much harder to play old games than it is to watch old movies.
Ahh sweet! I freakin' love Gran Turismo 2! And I agree with you that it is harder to play old games because of their rarity in the real world. I luckily managed to obtain both Enthusia and R: Racing Evo (both my childhood games) few years back, though I struggle to remember where I'd put my PS2. 😅

I spent good money last year to buy a 360 again just so I could play FM3 & 4. Many hours of fun had going back in time and enjoying those two. Where is my Ferrari 550 GTS now...

Thanks. This dumb licensing issue is why we've never seen a remastered release of Outrun 2 on any modern platform.

Heck I'd take it even with slightly fudged Ferrado designs like the 3DS release if that meant it was back out there.

Delisting, licensing, limited BC etc.. all of this is so wack.
I don't think licensing is the reason we're not seeing OutRun 2 remastered (although, iirc, OutRun 2006 was basically a mash of the original game and 2003's OR2).

It's just not a super-compelling concept anymore compared with what's out there now; racing Ferraris in an exotic location across different routes against the clock is something Horizon alone can pretty much recreate the gist of. And unfortunately, I think what made OutRun liked by many also hinders any developer from trying to bring it back and offer something new (other manufacturers, circuit racing, mods, etc.). I don't think any developer just sees any money in taking the time to remaster it outside of what was already tried in 2003 and 2006.

Closest I've seen is the original game is available on the Switch as part of a Sega Ages collection.

Where is my Ferrari 550 GTS now...
In purgatory along with all the other cars too old to be considered modern but to new to be classics. Seems 20 years is when nostalgia kicks in though so we should start seeing those early-00's cars re-emerge fairly soon.

Also, damn did that last sentence make me feel old. 😪

Last edited:
In purgatory along with all the other cars too old to be considered modern but to new to be classics. Seems 20 years is when nostalgia kicks in though so we should start seeing those early-00's cars re-emerge fairly soon.

Also, damn did that last sentence make me feel old. 😪
I felt old before I read your post haha. I’m not even 40 yet. Where has the years gone. And yet Turn Ten have kept the Aston DBR9 from that era and by itself too. And not replaced it or added it’s successor the Vantage in any of its three versions (GT2/GTE/GTE twin turbo). My hope for next FM is that we see a new division called Early 2000s GT with Aston/Corvette/Maserati/Ferrari 575/Saleen. I say 575 because I’m under the impression Ferrari said no to the continued licensing of the Prodrive car.

Since Forza Motorsport 7 is going to get the End of Life update before the next game in the series comes out, I'd like to ask a question: Can you download Vinyl Groups from other Users in this game like with the Forza Horizon games?

Since Forza Motorsport 7 is going to get the End of Life update before the next game in the series comes out, I'd like to ask a question: Can you download Vinyl Groups from other Users in this game like with the Forza Horizon games?
Yeah ofcourse.

And yet Turn Ten have kept the Aston DBR9 from that era and by itself too. And not replaced it or added it’s successor the Vantage in any of its three versions (GT2/GTE/GTE twin turbo).
They have always been kinda bad about bringing rivals and competing trims together, but after FM5 it got so much worse and I find that DBR9 example to be one of the most glaring cases. Of all the GTS/GT1 models we had, they couldn't give us just one of them to go with the DBR9 so it had a competitor? Such a joke.

Really? How? I can't seem to find any guides.
Go to the "Apply vinyls" or whatever it is called section of the paint shop, where you can place the shapes on your car. Choose "apply new vinyl" or whatever and when it shows you the screen where you can choose the shape you want, there should be a thing at the bottom that tells you what to push to use the search feature. I think it's the... "view" (?) button? Or whatever it's called... basically the "Select" button or as some call it "cheese slices" button.

They have always been kinda bad about bringing rivals and competing trims together, but after FM5 it got so much worse and I find that DBR9 example to be one of the most glaring cases. Of all the GTS/GT1 models we had, they couldn't give us just one of them to go with the DBR9 so it had a competitor? Such a joke.

Go to the "Apply vinyls" or whatever it is called section of the paint shop, where you can place the shapes on your car. Choose "apply new vinyl" or whatever and when it shows you the screen where you can choose the shape you want, there should be a thing at the bottom that tells you what to push to use the search feature. I think it's the... "view" (?) button? Or whatever it's called... basically the "Select" button or as some call it "cheese slices" button.
Mmm cheese slices... Wensleydale?

cheese GIF

I get it for ppl that are xbox/pc users so for you its all the same but this isnt even about coming late to a console generation. Im a PS4 user and gamepass is tempting so i thought hey great, i can finally jump in at an affordable price and get this franchise backlog as i never got to play any of them. So waiting for n XsX and here we are already removing a 4year old game.

Sure there will be a new one but jesus….i buy a console and gamepass and what, its gone cuz i was “late”. Something is off with their licensing. 4 years only? You can still download NFS titles and their DLC 8 years later on PS4. Hell, NFS Carbon and others got delisted after 15 years. It sucks we are the generation that can see what happens with licensing but 4 years valid only? Thats some BS.

They still have the Saleen licence as the S7 road car is in FM7 and yet no S7R. Same with Maserati and the MC12. At least we don’t have to put up with the Maserati racecar’s incorrect ride height anymore. What has been seen cannot be unseen. Yikes. If we just had those three then that’s fine. You can make a good GTS battle between those three cars.

I get it for ppl that are xbox/pc users so for you its all the same but this isnt even about coming late to a console generation. Im a PS4 user and gamepass is tempting so i thought hey great, i can finally jump in at an affordable price and get this franchise backlog as i never got to play any of them. So waiting for n XsX and here we are already removing a 4year old game.

Sure there will be a new one but jesus….i buy a console and gamepass and what, its gone cuz i was “late”. Something is off with their licensing. 4 years only? You can still download NFS titles and their DLC 8 years later on PS4. Hell, NFS Carbon and others got delisted after 15 years. It sucks we are the generation that can see what happens with licensing but 4 years valid only? Thats some BS.
Yeah true man it really sucks, but NFS mostly has like 80 cars or something and mostly the same cars on most of there games. FM7 just has ridiculously 800+ cars soo the licensing is much much harder and more complicated. But it still sucks for people like you that joined later. But if you buy the game now you can play it whenever you want even if the game is pulled off.

Yeah true man it really sucks, but NFS mostly has like 80 cars or something and mostly the same cars on most of there games. FM7 just has ridiculously 800+ cars soo the licensing is much much harder and more complicated. But it still sucks for people like you that joined later. But if you buy the game now you can play it whenever you want even if the game is pulled off.
Plus, depending on the country, there are lots of places selling used copies of all thr games. I've picked up FH, FH2 and FM5 that way. Minus the DLC of course, but I can live without that. In the case of FM5 and FH, most of the DLC cars are in the sequels anyway.

The four year lifespan is the way the Forza games have always been. It is a lousy policy, but that's how they do things. You do have until Sept. 15th to buy the digital copy, after that if you own it you can download at will, you just can't buy it.

Should also mention, the Ultimate edition is on quite a sale until the cutoff date, so if any of you want it, now's the time.

This is one of the reasons (the other being I really don't play enough games to make it worthwhile) that I don't do Gamepass. Because you only get access as long as Microsoft lets you have it. So far they (and Steam, etc.) haven't given me a reason to go back to physical copies, at least.

Last edited:
2 Qs please:

If you buy the physical version later what content would you be missing out on?

Can you buy/redeem Xbox One titles using the PC if you don't have the console yet? If so, how?

2 Qs please:

If you buy the physical version later what content would you be missing out on?

Can you buy/redeem Xbox One titles using the PC if you don't have the console yet? If so, how?
You'd be missing out on quite a lot of DLC although to be honest some of FM7's DLC packs were better than others. You'd also miss out on VIP, which gets a few cars and a nice credits boost.

It's a play anywhere title so if you own it you should be able to play it on either PC or XBox. As long as you have purchased it on XBox Live before the cutoff, you can download it anytime.

I don't have an Xbox One or gaming PC, just an Xbox 360. Don't use it online but IIRC it only shows you games you can play on your platform so is there no way to buy the game without having the new console?

On PS4 you can log in to your account on the PC and purchase stuff from PSN and have it added to your account without needing the actual PS4 yet. Searching around for the Microsoft version of this brings up their usual user unfriendliness as you drown in jargon and hop skip and jump a myriad of links to get back to the first site.

Such a phenomenally strange way of doing things them folks do have.

I don't have an Xbox One or gaming PC, just an Xbox 360. Don't use it online but IIRC it only shows you games you can play on your platform so is there no way to buy the game without having the new console?

On PS4 you can log in to your account on the PC and purchase stuff from PSN and have it added to your account without needing the actual PS4 yet. Searching around for the Microsoft version of this brings up their usual user unfriendliness as you drown in jargon and hop skip and jump a myriad of links to get back to the first site.

Such a phenomenally strange way of doing things them folks do have.

Regarding Play Anywhere...

Does it HAVE to be a Digital Copy of the game, or can I also use the Physical Disc to get the PC Version of the game, too?

I need some help with a wheel setup. I'm using a t300rs on pc, but its acting like a controller is the main input device, like the steering isn't smooth at all. Is there a calibrate setting somewhere? On Horizon 4 it's smooth.

Back