Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Starting to get into the game a bit more, though I have a couple questions regarding free play.

1) Is it possible to turn off Homoligation when trying to select a division? I really want to run some custom races with similar cars, but I don't like how, in some cases, Homoligation severley neuters a cars performance (looking at you Porsche 935).

2) When doing a custom multi-class race, is it possible to start in the bottom class? It seems I can only select cars for Group 1, which is a bit annoying when trying to setup a semi-realistic race (i.e., Forza GT & P2 cars on Long Beach, I can only have the P2 cars in the rear if I'm in a GT car).

Starting to get into the game a bit more, though I have a couple questions regarding free play.

1) Is it possible to turn off Homoligation when trying to select a division? I really want to run some custom races with similar cars, but I don't like how, in some cases, Homoligation severley neuters a cars performance (looking at you Porsche 935).

2) When doing a custom multi-class race, is it possible to start in the bottom class? It seems I can only select cars for Group 1, which is a bit annoying when trying to setup a semi-realistic race (i.e., Forza GT & P2 cars on Long Beach, I can only have the P2 cars in the rear if I'm in a GT car).
1. Don't believe you can.

2. Unfortunately no.

1) No, but there is a way to set things like that up anyways using the various restrictions... If you want the Group 5-ish cars from "GT Racing Reborn" division, then set the year limits from 1975-1982, set PI from 775-820 or whatever, limited to RWD and you will get those. There are certain combos where that doesn't work very well though and you will get a weird car sneaking in, but I've found most of the time I can achieve roughly what I want using it. I've used that for Group C/IMSA GT combos and things like that.

2) After you set up the buckets, on the second page of rules ("Advanced Rules") set "Group by bucket" to "yes" then go to the "Group 1 Options" tab and set "Roll Off Delay" to whatever you like, and that will cause all the cars in Bucket 2 to start on the grid before all the cars in Bucket 1. Note that this only works for standing starts though, as rolling starts can't be delayed... which makes it a bit less realistic, but it's the only option. If you find the standing starts make the AI turn the first turn into a parking lot, on the "Advanced Rules" tab, set the "roll off delay" to like 0.2 seconds, and that will usually help it without spacing everyone out too far so it will still feel like a race start.

Last edited:
I fired up this game for the first time in several weeks and was awarded this special livery Local Motors Rally Fighter. I have no idea why, but I love special liveries, so I’ll take it. It’s wild to think they’re still adding content even after it’s gone End of Life.

It's a tribute livery for SPC geezer I think. Was added 2/3 weeks ago.

Have been doing the special weekly time Trials this month. First was Acura NSX (handles like a turd but it got me £750k).
This week it's the S2000 at Suzuka East - much more fun!)

It's a tribute livery for SPC geezer I think. Was added 2/3 weeks ago.
I had to look this up. I guess he was a Forza Motorsport fan who recently passed away, and T10 created this as a tribute to him? That’s pretty cool.

I just got the “Survival of the Fastest” achievement, doing the Spa-Francorchamps 100 on extra-long length. 69 laps. It took me almost exactly three hours. I’m pretty happy about accomplishing it, not only for the achievement, but because only 0.31% of players have done it, and I did it with traction control, stability control, and anti-lock brakes off. Meaning I had to really drive it and not just “point and shoot” around the race track for three hours.

I had to look this up. I guess he was a Forza Motorsport fan who recently passed away, and T10 created this as a tribute to him? That’s pretty cool.

I just got the “Survival of the Fastest” achievement, doing the Spa-Francorchamps 100 on extra-long length. 69 laps. It took me almost exactly three hours. I’m pretty happy about accomplishing it, not only for the achievement, but because only 0.31% of players have done it, and I did it with traction control, stability control, and anti-lock brakes off. Meaning I had to really drive it and not just “point and shoot” around the race track for three hours.
impressive darth vader GIF

I doubt it will be tough, most people are terrible at the Nordschleife so I doubt they will make the bar too high.
I just did a couple practice laps with the default setup and I don't think it'll be that hard at all. The WTCC Civic is a very easy car to drive even when it's untuned, and if you're familiar with the track it should be a piece of cake to set a clean lap. The trick will probably be to have enough time and patience for a second go-around to set a proper flying lap.

Standing first lap 7:23.7, flying second lap 7:17.026 but was conservative in a few places, screwed up the Karussell and then dropped left tires in the grass on the exit of Galgenkopf which didn't feel great for exit speed onto the Dottinger Hohe but not sure if I actually lost that much. Should be able to get into the 15s with a few more laps if I revisit it, but my guess is low 15s are where I'd cap out.

The Civic is an alright Ring car, requires some finesse to manage the wheelspin, but the default settings for gears aren't bad for most of the track. It's default level of aero is tricky as there are a few spots it barely has enough downforce to take flat, but requires commitment and confidence which makes it satisfying when you get it right.

I was kind of excited for the Rossi gear, but now I'm worried I won't get it. Did anybody got the rewards yet?
Not that I'm playing it much lately, but that gear is the only thing I'm missing.

I was kind of excited for the Rossi gear, but now I'm worried I won't get it. Did anybody got the rewards yet?
Not that I'm playing it much lately, but that gear is the only thing I'm missing.
I presume they're going to gift it out after the event ends. Though I honestly have no idea how long the event is supposed to run for...

I presume they're going to gift it out after the event ends. Though I honestly have no idea how long the event is supposed to run for...
I thought so... but the event ended 2 days ago. At least I can't see it no more for the past 2 days now.

I thought so... but the event ended 2 days ago. At least I can't see it no more for the past 2 days now.
Ah yeah, I han't started up the game for a while so I hadn't seen it ended. If I had to guess they're validating all the times before they gift out the rewards, so I wouldn't stress on it too much, Turn 10 has a history of taking their time with this kind of thing.

Yay, got the suit and credits! That suit will stay on until I delete the game. This is easily the rarest item I actually wanted in any racing game I played so far.

Same here. Though, some people say I'll miss my previous suit. All I know is that i was called The Stig...

I just deleted the game to make way for FH5. I guess I'll reload it long enough to get the suit then delete it again. Once I get an XBox Series X, then I can have all the games in one place again.

Back