Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
many can't stand it

Many do not even know about the big wheel and ffb update 2018 which improved things a lot.

A race i did with wheel, enjoyed it and if i remember right this was even before the mentioned update:

Last edited:
Many do not even know about the big wheel and ffb update 2018 which improved things a lot.

A race i did with wheel, enjoyed it and if i remember right this was even before the mentioned update:
Several people I play with use a wheel, do quite well and are happy with it. Many others never could get anything approaching good ffb, despite the update (which I was very aware of). Ffb is too subjective, I managed to get 6 working better than I ever could in 7 after days of trying, and then only with super grippy, high aero cars. If you have a wheel setup for a G920 that I haven't tried already that works well I am all ears.

I can give you this:

Great site for many sims/race game settings btw...

This was also helpful to understand the games force feedback and settings:

Last edited:
I remember reading through that thread on fm.net many moons ago, will read through the first link this weekend and give that a go. Will keep you posted on how it goes, fingers crossed.

I can give you this:

Great site for many sims/race game settings btw...
Okay, gave that a go! Way better than where it was for sure. Still don't think I could say it's up to par with many other games but it seems like an exercise worth pursuing and at least it doesn't chatter my fillings out. Didn't have too much time to play with it but I gave a few cars a run, as expected some were better than others, but yeah, definitely an improvement. Think I might add in a touch more strength in the per car wheel tuning and maybe see if I can get a little more road feel in, otherwise I'm willing to say that's about as good as it needs to be.

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up. I believe this is the first time it’s ever been made available. I just wish I wasn’t so bad at drifting.

The formula drift cars are good for people like us who aren't very good at drifting. Massive steering lock means they're easier to catch and hold. Should be able to post something decent enough to get it.
2.jpg

I tried both home-built and FD cars. I finally got into the top 43% with the FD Mustang. I also got this FM2 suit and 350Z when I logged in today. It seems like they’re paying a bit more attention to FM7 lately with the FM(not 8) announcement trailer generating more interest in the game again.
A0F2537D-4F62-4B4F-9B32-A699825D00DE.png

8F69CAF9-EC65-41BB-883A-4732621B66F7.png

Last edited:
It truely is remarkable to see T10 engaging with the community even in a game that's not for sell anymore. I really appreciate their commitment and effort to rebuild a fanbase with events to participate in. And yes, these special events T10 hosts also has a lot of players trying them out as well. Also also, I am LOVING these cool rewards! I never played FM2, but I love that T10 celebrated its anniversary with its fans. :D

I also like how they keep engaging with the fans despite FM7 not being sold anymore. I really feel sorry for them when they post something like (for example) a question to the community about motorsports and there are negative comments or demands for the new FM. Those guys are trying their best there. And I say this as someone who has never really liked FM7 (I prefer older titles such as FM6).

Last edited:
A new livery and driver suit are up for grabs. Set a clean time at Monza in a Porsche 918 and you’ll get a Forza Horizon 2-themed 918 and the FH2 suit. The nice thing is there are no crazy restrictions. You don’t have to place in the top 50% of anything. You don’t have to be a better race driver than an Indy car champion. Just set a clean time. It couldn’t be easier.
8D121B5F-BB48-4E55-8FDB-C7E8092764DE.jpeg

The rain-themed Subaru has been awarded. Looks pretty good.
F25F11CE-6375-4BBB-AC32-9202681CA396.jpeg

8574BDCB-F8C4-4D1A-A771-E588BC1F406B.jpeg

2C07EEE6-8721-4876-8DDA-92302C8399C9.jpeg

9B51A754-E169-47D5-B518-97F4D585673C.jpeg

Last edited:
Just downloaded rain-themed Subaru yesterday from my inbox. No sign of it in my garage 🤔

EDIT: after starting the game agian it was available to be redeemed and now it worked

Last edited:
New week. New car and suit. This time they’re both Forza Motorsport 4 themed. Interestingly it doesn’t specifically say what you need to do earn them. The race is at the full-length Bernese Alps circuit in the 2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR. But I don’t know if you need to beat your ghost, or set a clean lap, or just participate, I don’t know. I set a clean lap and beat my ghost, so hopefully that will be enough.
F6EA7ED5-CAFB-4E38-B0D0-DBC36987A7C5.jpeg

And here’s the FH2-themed 918 just awarded for the last challenge.
E5250729-CDEF-46CA-B008-AA5EA08233C8.jpeg

5B3FD773-61CA-478A-A3FB-EA2310829806.jpeg

7DEB78AC-C0D2-4463-878C-F31CD67A4985.jpeg

851017AF-2345-4483-B365-2D4B10074B61.jpeg

Last edited:
Since I broke my wrist I haven't been able to play driving games let alone try my steering wheel. The FFB will probably break it again! I've just done the Subaru Rivals event and managed top 45% with a controller. I collected my 918 but missed out on the FM4 Porsche. Never mind... thanks for the heads up Populuxe :cheers:

The Subaru 22B FE has already been awarded. Next up is a Porsche 917 in a Forza Horizon 4 themed livery. Just set a clean time at Brands Hatch in a McLaren Senna (FH4’s cover car). Get in the top 50% and you get the Brooklands race suit, too.

All summer long they’ve been offering a prize car with a new special livery every two weeks, but then last week they put up the 22B FE with no livery and for only a week. I’m going to guess that this new FH4-themed livery wasn’t ready yet so they trotted out the Subaru as a placeholder until it was.

C4DB32F0-48EF-4C7E-ADA5-9D26F4AFBFE7.png

Last edited:
Back