Forza Motorsport 7 Getting Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport; More Details August 5

I’ve often wondered why the Porsche 718 Cayman / Boxster wasn’t in Forza. It has become a pretty “old” model after all. Personally I would have preferred the recent GTS version, but I suppose the GT4 race car fills a larger gap for FM7.

I’ve often wondered why the Porsche 718 Cayman / Boxster wasn’t in Forza. It has become a pretty “old” model after all. Personally I would have preferred the recent GTS version, but I suppose the GT4 race car fills a larger gap for FM7.

I don't think it fills a gap because probably they're just going to throw it in "Forza GT" with GTE, GT3, and the KTM.

True, it bugs me that we dont have dedicated real car classes. But it's nothing that freeplay buckets cant fix.

How can buckets fix that? I ask because I've tried to use the buckets on certain tracks where the front two cars are just unnaturally fast to try and bring them back to the pack but it won't let you use that on the same divisions.

How can buckets fix that? I ask because I've tried to use the buckets on certain tracks where the front two cars are just unnaturally fast to try and bring them back to the pack but it won't let you use that on the same divisions.
You just gotta be smart about it and figure out which cars in said division is fastest or point out weaknesses and separate those cars within their own bucket(s). Decreasing the power and or grip handicaps helps big time too. For instance I have a custom race saved for 60s and 70s prototypes with obviously the fastest car in that group is easily the Porsche 917/30. So what i do is put that car in it's own bucket and lower the power handicap somewhere down to around .60-.70 that way other cars can keep up with it making a competitive race.

You just gotta be smart about it and figure out which cars in said division is fastest or point out weaknesses and separate those cars within their own bucket(s). Decreasing the power and or grip handicaps helps big time too. For instance I have a custom race saved for 60s and 70s prototypes with obviously the fastest car in that group is easily the Porsche 917/30. So what i do is put that car in it's own bucket and lower the power handicap somewhere down to around .60-.70 that way other cars can keep up with it making a competitive race.

But doesn't that open that race up to every other car in that class? That's what I was running into trying to do my buckets race. Anything I tried put every other S class car into that race where I was trying to keep it Forza GT only.

But doesn't that open that race up to every other car in that class? That's what I was running into trying to do my buckets race. Anything I tried put every other S class car into that race where I was trying to keep it Forza GT only.
Then you have to further tweak the advance options per bucket like weight, year range, PI range, aspiration etc.. trust me I know it's a lot of work and again T10 could have easily probably made an update addressing the real life divisions of certain cars but theres ways around things with just some playing around with the settings. Might take a minute but you should be able to achieve what you want.

Then you have to further tweak the advance options per bucket like weight, year range, PI range, aspiration etc.. trust me I know it's a lot of work and again T10 could have easily probably made an update addressing the real life divisions of certain cars but theres ways around things with just some playing around with the settings. Might take a minute but you should be able to achieve what you want.

Yeah it is a lot of work. It could easily be solved by letting you set up buckets within a certain division ONLY.

I'm happy doing my TCR/WTCC/BTCC FWD only races. Would be nice if they included some more TCR.

May just try a GT4/TCR race.
We needed more GT4 cars too even though the Porsche is a welcomed addition. I mentioned earlier if this game also had the Camaro SS GT4, nismo 370 GT4, and the ekris M4 we would be golden. We only have had the Maserati and KTM.

We needed more GT4 cars too even though the Porsche is a welcomed addition. I mentioned earlier if this game also had the Camaro SS GT4, nismo 370 GT4, and the ekris M4 we would be golden. We only have had the Maserati and KTM.

The Maserati isn't exactly a GT4, as we got it in Trofeo trim. That means it has the higher downforce aero package, and doesn't have the GT4 BoP applied, so it's a little lighter than it runs in GT4, and has a little more power.

The Maserati isn't exactly a GT4, as we got it in Trofeo trim. That means it has the higher downforce aero package, and doesn't have the GT4 BoP applied, so it's a little lighter than it runs in GT4, and has a little more power.
Yeah I knew that but for ***** and giggles I run it as a GT4 car in freeplay mode lol, I just lower the power handicap some. It's close enough

Kind of odd that AC has the Maserati and Cayman and Forza has the Maserati and Cayman and GTS have the Cayman. There ARE many more GT4 cars than just those. So something must be up with the licensing.

Kind of odd that AC has the Maserati and Cayman and Forza has the Maserati and Cayman and GTS have the Cayman. There ARE many more GT4 cars than just those. So something must be up with the licensing.
Yeah seems like it which also might be the reason why nobody has had any of the new DPi's...until GRID comes out.

Yeah seems like it which also might be the reason why nobody has had any of the new DPi's...until GRID comes out.

What’s not funny that a mobile game, Real Racing 3 has a lot of new or newer stuff, or even older ones:
- 2018 DPis (Caddy, Mazda, Acura) - I think GRID will bring 2018 ones, too but I’m not completely sure
- 2018 IMSA GTD (BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Acura)
- GT4 (Porsche, Audi, AMG, Aston, Camaro)
- 2019 NASCAR
- Formula E 1st and 2nd gen
- 2016 DTM Merc and BMW (Not called DTM though)
- GTE (Not all of them are the latest but Aston, BMW M8, 488 GTE, Ford, C7.R, 911 RSRs 2013-2019)
- older GT1: R390 GT1, CLK-LM, 911 GT1-98, F1 GTR
- prototypes: C11, Lancia LC2, 936/77, R18, 919, 787B, TS040, GTR-LM

And these are not all the race cars but there are some older ones like the Lambo Murc GT1 or the GT-R GT1, Z4 GT3, M3 GT2, CSL, RS01, various GT3 cars etc. plus the next update will bring the old 935 and the new 911 GT2 RS Clubsport.

Not everything is exclusive to RR3 or not even close to per se complete but there’s an impressive line-up there. For me it’s a great place to learn the tracks but it’s sad that a mobile game has such newer content while console and PC titles are slower to catch up, if at all.

EDIT: yes, I’m aware that it’s a F2P(l)ay title but I personally haven’t paid for it and managed to get some of the stuff for free, although I think it’s impossible to obtain everything for free. I’m not advocating RR3, just bringing up as an example of having content that we would wish other games would have.

EDIT2: RR3 car list: https://rr3.fandom.com/wiki/Cars

Last edited:
Unfortunately though the tire barriers are still there.

FM7 at the end kind of reminds me of the last few GT's in their launch state. A better than average game with some great ideas that just haven't been fully fleshed out. Hopefully FM8 will be able to fully reach the potential that the game has in its launch state.

McLaren 570S and also the Shelby.

TBH I was very disappointed with PCARS2's GT4 lineup as I had expected it to be updated along with the rest of the game but SMS put it all in GT3 which is the most raced class. Forza however is a bigger disappointment when it comes to race cars since T10 had other priorities for too long.

Nevertheless the fact 99% of Spotlight cars were race cars makes me hopeful FM8 will look at its race cars with more love.

McLaren 570S and also the Shelby.

TBH I was very disappointed with PCARS2's GT4 lineup as I had expected it to be updated along with the rest of the game but SMS put it all in GT3 which is the most raced class. Forza however is a bigger disappointment when it comes to race cars since T10 had other priorities for too long.

Nevertheless the fact 99% of Spotlight cars were race cars makes me hopeful FM8 will look at its race cars with more love.
Yeah I agree...for a game with 835 cars theres dozens of holes in the motorsport side of things but I have faith going forward based on what they chose as spotlights for the past year.

What’s not funny that a mobile game, Real Racing 3 has a lot of new or newer stuff, or even older ones:
RR3 has around a third of Forza 7 cars.
Forza 7 cars modeling way better than in RR3, hence requires way more work and quality in source materials.

- 2018 DPis (Caddy, Mazda, Acura) - I think GRID will bring 2018 ones, too but I’m not completely sure
- 2018 IMSA GTD (BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Acura)
- GT4 (Porsche, Audi, AMG, Aston, Camaro)
- 2019 NASCAR
- Formula E 1st and 2nd gen
- 2016 DTM Merc and BMW (Not called DTM though)
- GTE (Not all of them are the latest but Aston, BMW M8, 488 GTE, Ford, C7.R, 911 RSRs 2013-2019)
- older GT1: R390 GT1, CLK-LM, 911 GT1-98, F1 GTR
- prototypes: C11, Lancia LC2, 936/77, R18, 919, 787B, TS040, GTR-LM

And these are not all the race cars but there are some older ones like the Lambo Murc GT1 or the GT-R GT1, Z4 GT3, M3 GT2, CSL, RS01, various GT3 cars etc. plus the next update will bring the old 935 and the new 911 GT2 RS Clubsport.

Not everything is exclusive to RR3 or not even close to per se complete but there’s an impressive line-up there. For me it’s a great place to learn the tracks but it’s sad that a mobile game has such newer content while console and PC titles are slower to catch up, if at all.

EDIT: yes, I’m aware that it’s a F2P(l)ay title but I personally haven’t paid for it and managed to get some of the stuff for free, although I think it’s impossible to obtain everything for free. I’m not advocating RR3, just bringing up as an example of having content that we would wish other games would have.

EDIT2: RR3 car list: https://rr3.fandom.com/wiki/Cars
Wow I wasn't aware that games car roster was so impressive. Some cars that even used to in previous FM games that are no longer here are in that game. Jealous as hell :grumpy:

In general, you're completely right of course but I never suggested (at least it was never my intention) that RR3 would be the pinnacle of racing games :)

RR3 has around a third of Forza 7 cars.

Don't get me wrong but we all know that quantity doesn't equal quality (GT6 anyone?). Obviously, FM7 might have 800+ cars but not all are interesting for everyone. There's no point in arguing who likes what type of car but I feel kind of cheated with the Barrett Jackson pack, I couldn't care less about SUVs, minivans etc (you get the gist I guess :) ) as for me those shouldn't be in a Motorsport game (OK, you got me I'd love to have the Ford Supervans or the Renault Espace F1). Just looking at e.g. FM4's car list there are so many delicious options there, it's painful not to have them in the latest game. I understand that it's most likely some licensing issue but where it's not, I would have swapped those older race cars into FM7 instead of the Honda minivan as an example. Again, as the Latin says: De gustibus non est disputandum, I guess this is something that comes up with Forza car content anyway.

Forza 7 cars modeling way better than in RR3, hence requires way more work and quality in source materials.

Very true, no question about it. But coming back to the previous point, instead of modeling a Ford Bronco or a minivan, they could have done another race car :)

Unfortunately though the tire barriers are still there.

Wait, what? I remember their removal was promised from the beginning of the whole FRR fuss, and I couldn’t wait to see it happen on tracks like VIR... :irked:

Oh well, at least Turn 10 now has a system to develop FM8 without them.

R.I.P Penske licensing?

Removed race team markers from base livery of 2008 Porsche RS Spyder Evo
Removed livery and sponsor logos from the 1973 Porsche 917/30 Can-Am Spyder

Link: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360033262994
Considering they are actually renaming cars so they no longer say Penske, I would have to say... Yes.
"Renamed the 2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo to the 2008 Porsche RS Spyder Evo.
Renamed the 1973 Porsche #6 Penske Sunoco 917/30 Can-Am Spyder to the 1973 Porsche 917/30 Can-Am Spyder."

Considering they are actually renaming cars so they no longer say Penske, I would have to say... Yes.
"Renamed the 2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo to the 2008 Porsche RS Spyder Evo.
Renamed the 1973 Porsche #6 Penske Sunoco 917/30 Can-Am Spyder to the 1973 Porsche 917/30 Can-Am Spyder."

In all honesty, I actually much prefer when the car name omits Team/Number nomenclature and just sticks with year/make/model designations. It makes it especially convenient when reskinning the car with a custom or alternate livery that might be a different number/sponsor, etc. Total personal preference at least.

Back