Forza Motorsport 7: March Car Pack + Content Update

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 133 comments
I'm still wondering why the Watson Indy car didn't make it to FM7? I really enjoyed that car in FM6.
Could be:

A. Didn't know what division to place it in.

B. Couldn't add one more division so it could fit in.

C. Forgot about it.

D. Didn't want to renew license/ couldn't renew license

OR

E. Replaced it with a random SUV. :)

I think the poor trailer could have something to do with the brief interval since the previous one, and Turn 10 has somehow acquired this strange habit of flashing its mid-life crisis.

As usual, early leaks have spoiled much of the surprise effect. I'd be picking my jaw off the floor if I didn't know the XJR-5 and some form of Alfa-powered Brabham were on their way. Still, it's a monster of a pack for me - the Alfa 8C joins the ever-growing list of classic I thought I would've never ever seen in Forza back in the day I first approached the series, the 300ZX should be fun to chuck around, and hopefully the Lincoln and Volvo will be as pleasantly surprising as last month's Durango was. As for the ZR2 Colorado... Well, we had plenty of time to get used to the idea, no?

And now, onwards to the last Season Pass pack, and the eventual post-Pass car packs and EPs. That's where the really good stuff is, usually. :lol:

I think the poor trailer could have something to do with the brief interval since the previous one, and Turn 10 has somehow acquired this strange habit of flashing its mid-life crisis.

I feel the lack of a sponsor pressuring them for a snazzy presentation with their logos flashed at the end may have also contributed to them slacking off a bit... Or maybe it was a bit of self-aware humor aimed at that old online glitch that made it so that when you started a race, the menu music was playing instead of the proper SFXs! :dopey:

Last edited:
One comment from the official FM Twitter thread for the car pack:

"and all the other cars are just generic old race cars that are identical to other cars in the game."

*insert Farnsworth meme*
Meanwhile, on YouTube...

Forza fanbase: "WORST CAR PACK IN THE WORLD!!"

They keep on saying this for every car pack released for Forza Motorsport 7. Plus, they probably haven't realised that Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 1 had terrible rehashed car packs.

Would be sick if GT Sport got the brabham fan car, Chaparral 2J, and a 2018 Red Bull X1. It could be called the fan car pack.

Meanwhile, on YouTube...

Forza fanbase: "WORST CAR PACK IN THE WORLD!!"

They keep on saying this for every car pack released for Forza Motorsport 7. Plus, they probably haven't realised that Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 1 had terrible rehashed car packs.
It's literally the same thing for years and years, every pack is the worst one, everyone says they regret paying for car pass, everyone saying T10 doesn't listen and forza is the worst. Same old song and dance. Personally I'm happy that car packs aren't filled with boring ass supercars, but I'm not a fan of SUVs either, but I'm not gonna waste my time crying all over the net about it.

It's literally the same thing for years and years, every pack is the worst one, everyone says they regret paying for car pass, everyone saying T10 doesn't listen and forza is the worst. Same old song and dance. Personally I'm happy that car packs aren't filled with boring ass supercars, but I'm not a fan of SUVs either, but I'm not gonna waste my time crying all over the net about it.
I just don't think that the Forza fanbase knows what "being mature" is. All I see is whining and moaning about their beloved supercars/hypercars/JDM cars not being in this car pack.
I mean, c'mon! We already got the 2018 Bugatti Chiron in the Dell Gaming Car Pack last month.

The salty crybabys always puzzled me, i guess some racing games have the worst fanbase. Lucky these kids are not here at GTP! Guess they stick to Youtube and Instagram. But even without being salty i sometimes wonder what Turn 10 is thinking. Is it really that much fun to drive an SUV and a pick up truck on flat race tracks when we could have had an Cadillac DPi or the long-overdue AMG GT3 or R8 LMS GT3? For me personally, this is the worst pack since release.

It's funny cause dude, c'mon, you already have 700+ cars in the game already, literally more than all other racing games on the market combined, yet people still complain. At this point T10 really had to dive deeper in the automotive history to dig up, arrange, scan and model obscure cars that are spread across the world in museums and personal collections. New cars are announced all the time, with the time commitment required to model just one car it's not physically possible to include the most fresh models.

Holy crap! The '17 Continental! I like the car, and if it's not available as A 'la Carte then I'll have to get the whole pack. Too bad there isn't some way to simulate the car's seats. Some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.

My gripe isn’t necessarily the cars the pack, but how the packs are organised. They lump too many similar sorts of cars together in pack which then cause some audiences to be put off some packs as there is nothing for them. This pack for example has 4 classic racing cars (3 of which I like very much), and 2 SUVs, leaving not much space for another car to please another audience. Each pack should have at least 1 car for each of the audiences, 1 for classic race fans, 1 for the modern race fans, 1 for the JDM dudebros, 1 for the supercar Hype Beast sorta crowds and so on.

A perfect basis of a pack for me would be..

1 Modern GT or LMP Racing car, or any modern racing car really
1 Classic Racing cars
1 Current or modern supercar or hypercar
1 Current or modern sports or road going car
1 Classic road going car
1 Classic or retro road car to impress either the JDM, Muscle or Euro crowds (could alternate between for each pack)
1 Oddball or SUV quota filler

Here is an example of the Forza Subreddit's typical shenanigans: downvoting for defending the car packs. Thanks for the downvote, supercar/hypercar fanboys.
c8hx207.jpg

That's where the really good stuff is, usually. :lol:

I won't complain if that's the case. It's only fair that I actually pay for some of the DLC. Granted if they want to give me those packs for free as well I won't complain either. :lol:

I think in the future the car packs will be easier to swallow, since all future Forza games will be on gamepass. I've spent $100 on Ultimate Editions for the last 3 games, but no more, I'll pay 10 bucks for a month of gamepass and be done with it, since I've been gradually losing interest in racing games anyway. This will be good for the playerbase in the long run.

No need to defend Turn 10 or this car pack, really. Its simply a rather poor collection of cars, the trailer was rushed and they dont even have any sponsor this time. I dont know what Turn 10 is up to but it better be something good.

Nothing that excites me, absolutley nothing. But if i get that 911 GT3 RS by the end of the week... i'm all happy.

Oh, and there is always hope the new update contains some fancy free bonus car, right?

The 1958 MG MGA should be added in this update. If you participated in the Bounty Hunter #2 event, you'll get that one.

Here is an example of the Forza Subreddit's typical shenanigans: downvoting for defending the car packs. Thanks for the downvote, supercar/hypercar fanboys.
c8hx207.jpg

I've found that if you say anything positive, you instantly become a T10 defender, shill and/or Microsoft paid poster over at the official forums.

No need to defend Turn 10 or this car pack, really. Its simply a rather poor collection of cars, the trailer was rushed and they dont even have any sponsor this time. I dont know what Turn 10 is up to but it better be something good.

I agree that the trailer was horrible, but the collection of cars is far from poor. It represents a good bit of automotive and racing history.

It’s not a leak when it’s done officially, it’s an announcement ;)

True, but files pointing to the imminent addition of the XJR-5 were found after a CU a while ago, and screens indicating the presence of a 197x Brabham (which we all correctly postulated must've been a 1976-1977 car, to go with the other F1 in its division) in the actual game (or at the very least, in the debug version that was used in events with influencers) popped up during the pre-release period.

Although I've been doubting the accidental nature of those "leaks" for quite a while now... :lol:

I've tried the 300ZX a few minutes ago and couldn't find any of the jaggies in your rearview mirror... Also they now directly add the cars to your garage, pre-homologated. Cool and not cool at the same time.

They’ve added two new sections to Rivals. One for Forza RC and one for divisional. Sadly the division one is just a couple events.

Back