Forza Motorsport 7 November Update Now Available: Eight New Cars, Improved Crash Physics and More

Why is the 917/30 so heavy? It’s supposed to be about 850kg.

Maybe 850kg is dry weight and they're adding fuel. If this model is correct, the car has....2 gas tanks that are each huge.

porsche91730e.jpg

Every time I open the Race Shop, the game freezes and kicks me back out the Xbox Dashboard... any ideas? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Edit: fixed it, I downloaded the update a short while ago, but hadn't used it until now. Because my internet's been a bit funky today, I hadn't launched the game post-update whilst connected to the internet. If you try and open the Race Shop before connecting to the internet, it crashes.

Now that my connection managed to hold long enough to launch the game and stay connected, it's possible to open the Race Shop whilst offline (which is handy as my internet's still not right).

Last edited:
Has this update broken the 90 degree right-hander near the end of Long Beach? If you cut it too much it wrecks your car, despite having apparently not actually hit anything. OK it's good that it dissuades you from doing so, but a bit unrealistic.

Has this update broken the 90 degree right-hander near the end of Long Beach? If you cut it too much it wrecks your car, despite having apparently not actually hit anything. OK it's good that it dissuades you from doing so, but a bit unrealistic.
It's part of a bug I believe. They are working on a fix.

It's part of a bug I believe. They are working on a fix.

Cool, noticed it on a couple of other corners too, where there are rumble strips. It's a lot harsher on hitting walls now too, which is probably a good thing. You used to often get away with no damage if, when you knew you had gone in too deep, you managed to hit the wall with the side of the car. Now it usually causes damage.

Finally had enough play time with the November update to give a coherent opinion about it. The crash mitigation (that's what I'm calling it) is working well. I've ran about 20 C class races, and when the pack was close, there was plenty of bumping and grinding. But not once was I shot off into the weeds like a billiard ball. Even a heinous collision from a would be griefer, didn't completely ruin my lap. Yes, at that point I went off the course, but their car was going along for the ride too. That is refreshing compared to the way FM7 use to handle crashes.

I'm not a fast racer at all, and I try to be fair and clean when ever I can. This update has removed some of the intimidation of making contact. Mid pack with no place to go, I would either spin the other car out, or send then flying. Both instances would have me waiting until they have regained their bearings. But with the update, a bump is just a bump. I can brake hard, and if I make contact, the car I hit shouldn't get airborne. It seems more realistic in that area...

When the assist has to step in and keep you from being pitted, it does come across as unnatural, but it allows the race to go on. Just simply countersteer and acellerate, and you'll be pointing the right direction as you separate from your assailant. So you'll lose little time, and if you have the faster car, you can get away from the butthead.

Overall, I like this update. And it makes a difference in multiplayer. I can't wait for the Adjucation System to be introduced, however; this is a gigantic step in the right direction. Multiplayer is better because of it. Now do something about the awards sequences while online Turn 10!

DPGR

I wholeheartedly agree with the post above. I've been having so much fun on multiplayer now thanks to the improved Collision model. The fear of getting into an intense battle with someone and screwing it all up because I sent the guy to a different galaxy is completely mitigated.

Since this update, I've had my fair share of battles with other drivers, and while some battles end with traded paint, most have been really clean. This update really freshened up multiplayer, and if Turn 10 are going to keep going this route, I honestly feel like Forza 7 will forever get rid of the horrible multiplayer memes and tropes.

Cool, noticed it on a couple of other corners too, where there are rumble strips. It's a lot harsher on hitting walls now too, which is probably a good thing. You used to often get away with no damage if, when you knew you had gone in too deep, you managed to hit the wall with the side of the car. Now it usually causes damage.
They just released an update today, it's fixed :cool:👍

Back