Forza Motorsport 7 Playable at 2017 Goodwood Festival of Speed

Oh, lovely screenshots!
Especially this one, the interiors look far more detailed (It's a shame the rear view mirror is not in focus. I hope they also tweak the side mirrors and to make them crystal 4k clear as at the moment FM6/FH3 they seem to blur out as well in photomode :indiff:) It's all in the small details 👍
Forza-Motorsport-7-Porsche-GT2-RS-4K-Inside.jpg

Can't wait to drive that beast when the game comes out! And I agree; those screenshots look gorgeous!

Reading your line on a gt forum it seems to suggest you made a choice :) , it's this or gt sport.
I'd go for forza tbh,they made the leap i was expecting being on ps4 pro,it's a dissapointment allround gt compared to forza 7,glad i held of on psvr,that money is going towards an xbox one x instead!!
ps had to comment,it might be removed since my comments are harsh :):confused:

It bugs me that they still do a wonky job with the wheels. It detracts so much from the wonderful car models, for me at least.

I played it on the Porsche stand, and being a die-hard GT fan I found it surprisingly easy to get into (let's not forget the stand had forced all assists on!). Visually it was nice, but the physics were a tad arcade-y.

I played it on the Porsche stand, and being a die-hard GT fan I found it surprisingly easy to get into (let's not forget the stand had forced all assists on!). Visually it was nice, but the physics were a tad arcade-y.
So was it just as arcadey as GTS or less or more?

If all the assists were on, it's definitely going to feel arcade-y.

Were you able to play without them off at all?

Forza's assists are typically very heavy-handed; Traction Control in particular will kill any feeling you have in the back end of the car.
I've played every Forza, I'm aware of this. Just wanted some indication of how it compared to the GTS Beta.

I've played every Forza, I'm aware of this. Just wanted some indication of how it compared to the GTS Beta.
If all assists are locked we won't get a true impression unfortunately.

From what I played of Gran Turismo Sport on a controller, it's the most "Forza-like" it's ever been, which is a good thing. I felt I could actually drive FWD/AWD and manage the understeer this time round.

If all assists are locked we won't get a true impression unfortunately.

From what I played of Gran Turismo Sport on a controller, it's the most "Forza-like" it's ever been, which is a good thing. I felt I could actually drive FWD/AWD and manage the understeer this time round.
Play with a wheel myself so unfortunately the 'Hand of God' assist along with the speed sensitive steering which is even present when using a wheel makes it very weird to play.

Play with a wheel myself so unfortunately the 'Hand of God' assist along with the speed sensitive steering which is even present when using a wheel makes it very weird to play.

I'm hoping that we things such as the tighter FoV with interior view and no steering wheel and adding support for tons of wheels on PC(apparently reworking FFB) will mean even more improvements to wheel support.

I'm hoping that we things such as the tighter FoV with interior view and no steering wheel and adding support for tons of wheels on PC(apparently reworking FFB) will mean even more improvements to wheel support.
I was talking about GTS in the post you quoted. As for FM7, if Thomas from Fanatec is to believed things have improved dramatically for wheels in FM7.

I had a very good meeting with them and I am happy to report that there is a good chance that a lot of things will change for the better in upcoming FM titles.

The PC market seems very important for them and they are aware that this market is dominated by wheel users. Therefore we will intensify our co-operation and get the best out of the games for wheel users.

I cannot confirm at this point what features can be implemented but the interest to do so is very high.

If all the assists were on, it's definitely going to feel arcade-y.

Were you able to play without them off at all?

They were running a leader board of the fastest drivers round the le mans circuit. I didn't really get the chance to tinker with the settings as they were trying to keep all the machines the same (for fairness, I assume). It's a shame, as visually the fidelity of it was very nice, but I guess that's a perk of Direct X anti-aliasing!

So was it just as arcadey as GTS or less or more?

I wouldn't necessarily agree that GTS feels arcadey, quite the opposite. If you turn all assists off, it's a fair bit more realistic than the FM7 demo. I would agree that some parts of the physics of GTS feel much easier than you would expect them to (drifting, for example) but FM7 felt more fly-by-wire (so worse than GTS).

The booth was setup with the winning Porsche Le Mans car running round Le Mans. It's not the easiest of tracks to keep a LMP1 pointing in the right direction, but I could have driven FM7 one handed whilst making a cup of tea, it was that predictably dull.

Last edited by a moderator:
The booth was setup with the winning Porsche Le Mans car running round Le Mans. It's not the easiest of tracks to keep a LMP1 pointing in the right direction, but I could have driven FM7 one handed whilst making a cup of tea, it was that predictably dull.
Which most games are if you use every assists that come with it. I wouldn't particularly use it as an accurate way to gauge the physics in this situation.

They were running a leader board of the fastest drivers round the le mans circuit
That's new info, confirms that Le Mans is on the track list.

Also, which Porsche was used in the time-trial event, if you can remember?:

2015-Porsche-919-Hybrid-front-three-quarter-02.jpg

m16-0536-fine-1.jpg

message-editor%2F1490969021680-high_919_hybrid_2017_porsche_ag1.jpg

They were running a leader board of the fastest drivers round the le mans circuit. I didn't really get the chance to tinker with the settings as they were trying to keep all the machines the same (for fairness, I assume). It's a shame, as visually the fidelity of it was very nice, but I guess that's a perk of Direct X anti-aliasing!

I wouldn't necessarily agree that GTS feels arcadey, quite the opposite. If you turn all assists off, it's a fair bit more realistic than the FM7 demo. I would agree that some parts of the physics of GTS feel much easier than you would expect them to (drifting, for example) but FM7 felt more fly-by-wire (so worse than GTS).

Do you have the GTS beta? Put on all assists and compare.

All Forzas in shows run with all assists ON by default as far as i know (at least last 2 Forzas i tried at shows had all assist on)(dont quote tho),switch them off then talk about it (if you were allowed to tinker with settings)

Actually it's a perk of 4K, 4K gets rid of most aliasing on it's own.

That's new info, confirms that Le Mans is on the track list.

Also, which Porsche was used in the time-trial event, if you can remember?:

2015-Porsche-919-Hybrid-front-three-quarter-02.jpg

m16-0536-fine-1.jpg

message-editor%2F1490969021680-high_919_hybrid_2017_porsche_ag1.jpg

This year's winner :)

Do you have the GTS beta? Put on all assists and compare.

I do have the beta and haven't tried with assists. Too busy having fun with RWD's and AWD's :)

bf3
All Forzas in shows run with all assists ON by default as far as i know (at least last 2 Forzas i tried at shows had all assist on)(dont quote tho),switch them off then talk about it (if you were allowed to tinker with settings)

I was against time as they were dealing with a fairly large queue of interested drivers. Didn't feel that I could tweak it, but wish I had. :)

Actually it's a perk of 4K, 4K gets rid of most aliasing on it's own.

That's a really good point, i'm not sure if the booth was running it at 4K or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really good point, i'm not sure if the booth was running it at 4K or not.

Nice thing about supersampling, even if it was a 1080p TV, it rendering at 4K means almost no jaggies even before anti-aliasing.

I'm so glad that we are finally moving onto 4K in the gaming industry.

Back