Forza Motorsport 7: Pre-Release News and Interviews

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 163 comments
It certainly reaffirms my decision to downgrade to the standard edition. Forza Edition cars don't do much for me, I doubt I'll spend much time on race suits and at this point a credit bonus almost seems like a bad thing.

I'm more curious about loyalty rewards, not that I'm expecting anything too amazing.

It certainly reaffirms my decision to downgrade to the standard edition. Forza Edition cars don't do much for me, I doubt I'll spend much time on race suits and at this point a credit bonus almost seems like a bad thing.

I'm more curious about loyalty rewards, not that I'm expecting anything too amazing.

I too am curious as to what we get for leveling up,although I refuse to downgrade,as I still want to play it early.

Is the info of that Day One car pack out yet? Or will this just be kept secret until release date?

Probably just more Forza Edition cars, if it was anything spectacular I'm sure it would have been revealed long time ago already...

Is the info of that Day One car pack out yet? Or will this just be kept secret until release date?

Probably just more Forza Edition cars, if it was anything spectacular I'm sure it would have been revealed long time ago already...
No news yet.

They've really screwed the lid tight on the bottle, haven't they? Time is running out. They can't keep it bottled up for much longer.

It looks to me that T10 realized they don't have direct competition anymore. They seem content with just resting on their laurels not trying all that hard.

Must say the VIP stuff looks pretty crap but I'm more interested in what these remaining 44 cars still left to be revealed will be.

Must say the VIP stuff looks pretty crap but I'm more interested in what these remaining 44 cars still left to be revealed will be.

According to a recent WIR, they're just more Forza Edition cars. And I thought they couldn't disappoint any further.

With GTS' new direction, they're the only car collection game out and have 3 (or more) times as many cars as any other racing game.

Exactly. Project Cars is more of a simulator. GT Sport is .... well whatever they are trying to be(it seems cool but is different enough from Forza). This isn't the PS2/Ol Xbox days where 200 cars can expect to compete with Gran Turismo. 150 seems to be the least you get outside of games that focus on one series.

Last edited:
https://www.neowin.net/news/interview-with-dan-greenawalt-creative-director-for-the-forza-franchise

• More details on the Forza Horizon 3 updates for Xbox One X will come later this year.
  • All of the game's cars can be driven in Free Play or via Rental (in Forza Motorsport 6 Rental meant using a stock version of a car in an online lobby).
  • Over 5,000,000 people play Forza games every month.

Also confirms "alternate time of day system" (like GT Sport) as opposed to full dynamic 24 hr cycle like PCARS2.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_15_17
  • Achievement List
  • Forza Motorsport 7 will be 95GB at launch, 45GB of that will be on-disc, the remaining 50 as an optional download.
  • Extra content can be unlocked after the first playthrough of the Forza Drivers' Cup.
  • Auction House will not be available on launch.
  • #Forzathon will not be available on launch
  • Leagues will not be available on launch
  • Another large update will be available on November 7 for Xbox One X users.

The terrible driving in most of these videos is almost painful to watch. I also noticed that the inboard looks really dark? Or is it just me?
All of these videos seem to have too much contrast in general, to be honest. They all seem dark to me.

Ahh man I feel terrible now. NOW I see why T10 didn't do much marketing, it was due to just trying to steal pCARS 2's thunder which is launching this week... Ugh, after seeing some news revolving around FM7, and seeing its launch trailer, I feel pumped again! Instead of pre ordering the disc-version of the game, I'll be getting the digital version of FM7 via the ultimate edition, so I can play early!

I'm really liking what I'm seeing right now, especially the new look of Maple Valley, the transitions of dynamic day and weather in certain videos (hell, even at night to morning!), the new and improved career mode (which is currently my favorite!), and other stuff. The driver gear is also a nice touch to the game, and gives more personality to your driver (and you as a player as well 👍).

I shouldn't have never let my pessimism get the best of me. I'm taking back all I said about FM7, and looking forward to getting it in my hands again. I'm sure the game will be good. I mean look at the graphics? Looks isn't everything but I like how FM7 now looks more natural like in FH3! :D

I would add to Toko's post-talking about graphics-sure its not all about it,but its nearly 2018,and technology allow us to have amazing graphics,no matter what some say-long gone days when graphics were 4th or 5th place in games features.And in racing games graphics is very important for me personally-looking at beautifull 4k rendered Lambo makes me wanna race it full throttle.Cant see any other game beating F7 in this department.

Maple Valley :bowdown:

Honestly when I saw they changed the track up I got worried that they changed the final corner.

After watching I realized that refreshed everything but left that final corner exactly as it was, and that makes me really happy.👍

Latest Posts

Back