Forza Motorsport 7 Race Regulations System Coming in 2019

I think FM might beat GT Sport in thair own game with the new race regulations system which is good.

I'd say there's a chance, but there's also a bigger chance IMO of Turn 10 ending up with something just like Polyphony: a system that some folks like, and some folks absolutely despise.

These sorts of automated systems will always have edge cases that cause issues for some. There's also the question of how the existing FM7 community will take to Race Regulations. It's no stretch to say that, thanks to PD telegraphing Sport's direction via the word instead of another numeral in the title, a good chunk of the player base is on board, or at least understands.

Will FM7's playerbase? Maybe. I hope so — I've maintained that while PD has the advantage over its console competition in terms of having a dedicated player ranking system for multiplayer, it's only a matter of time before the others catch up. I truly believe that, in a few years, all remotely serious racing games will have something similar, and it will no longer be a USP. But PD's also had over a year to tinker with this system based on how the player base has worked with it. Turn 10 can get an idea of what that's like, and implement the system in 2019 after plenty of internal test miles, but it will be very interesting to see how it further evolves once in the average player's hands.

There's also the question of how the existing FM7 community will take to Race Regulations.

As long as it sorts out the wheat from the chaff, FM7 might finally be playable online.

I'd say there's a chance, but there's also a bigger chance IMO of Turn 10 ending up with something just like Polyphony: a system that some folks like, and some folks absolutely despise.

These sorts of automated systems will always have edge cases that cause issues for some. There's also the question of how the existing FM7 community will take to Race Regulations. It's no stretch to say that, thanks to PD telegraphing Sport's direction via the word instead of another numeral in the title, a good chunk of the player base is on board, or at least understands.

Will FM7's playerbase? Maybe. I hope so — I've maintained that while PD has the advantage over its console competition in terms of having a dedicated player ranking system for multiplayer, it's only a matter of time before the others catch up. I truly believe that, in a few years, all remotely serious racing games will have something similar, and it will no longer be a USP. But PD's also had over a year to tinker with this system based on how the player base has worked with it. Turn 10 can get an idea of what that's like, and implement the system in 2019 after plenty of internal test miles, but it will be very interesting to see how it further evolves once in the average player's hands.
You nailed it! the community is the key factor and i beliave they are one of the biggest ressons why GT Sport is no way near as good as it could be (besides PD's wrong decisions) for example there are many people who think the classification system in GTS is perfect (we all know that not the case) so i woulden't like to know how big the effect will be on forza which is known for having a less mature community but a big advantage Forza has over GT that could solve this problem is communicating regulary with thair fan base .

PD have take a decision of changing GT target and philosophy. Now it's not a catalog for everyone with tuning option, it's a competition with selected cars (competition and some "elite / supercar") and fanciful (the Vision program) cars.

Will Turn10 do this and change target and philosophy of the game ? Or will they just add a competitive aspect ?

PD have take a decision of changing GT target and philosophy. Now it's not a catalog for everyone with tuning option, it's a competition with selected cars (competition and some "elite / supercar") and fanciful (the Vision program) cars.

Will Turn10 do this and change target and philosophy of the game ? Or will they just add a competitive aspect ?
Hopefully they keep the philosophy of the game as it's the only game doing what it's doing right now.

As long as it sorts out the wheat from the chaff, FM7 might finally be playable online.

Maybe. It depends on what Turn 10's goal is: if Race Regulations seriously impacts the number of players online (and thus, regular players in general) it might not be what we'd deem a success, even if it results in cleaner racing.

Look at the percentage of GTS players that actually play Sport Mode.

I hope Turn 10 never turns Forza into what GT has become. Stick to what it does best, not pretend what it can or can not do.

If I were a betting man — and I wasn't in Vegas last month! — I imagine whatever form Race Regulations takes, it will do so alongside more traditional online experiences. Even PD has gone on record saying Sport Mode will just be another part of the whole package in a more traditional future GT, and that's largely how more organized approaches will exist in other games too.

Turn 10 can keep the encyclopedia approach, and add in something for aspiring esportsters. That's arguably easier than the other way around.

If I were a betting man — and I wasn't in Vegas last month! — I imagine whatever form Race Regulations takes, it will do so alongside more traditional online experiences. Even PD has gone on record saying Sport Mode will just be another part of the whole package in a more traditional future GT, and that's largely how more organized approaches will exist in other games too.

Turn 10 can keep the encyclopedia approach, and add in something for aspiring esportsters. That's arguably easier than the other way around.
Indeed. I'll no doubt support that idea as long as there isn't any change of focus except improvements (I was fine with GTS's approach, but than it made me miss the traditional approach more and more. :lol:) But yes, if it's to make the online side more clean, fun and competitive for Forza's multiplayer (like GTS), I'm all in.

Last edited:
Maybe. It depends on what Turn 10's goal is: if Race Regulations seriously impacts the number of players online (and thus, regular players in general) it might not be what we'd deem a success, even if it results in cleaner racing.

Look at the percentage of GTS players that actually play Sport Mode.

Simply giving players the choice of hoppers with regulations or not, would go a long way to separating "serious" racers from everyone else, because it will be self-selecting. Rammers and griefers won't bother with the regulated hoppers (or will quickly wash out of them).

I just hope the regs aren't too punitive for people who may not be that talented at racing, but WANT to be, and WANT to try and play by real rules. It'd be a shame if those people wash out because their choices are a system that constantly punishes them, versus a bunch of hoppers that are even more chaotic than they are now.

Back