Forza Motorsport 7 Revealed at E3, Coming in October to Xbox One and PC

Cool! I hope this one is the true successor of Forza Motorsport 4 which is in my opinion still the best Forza. The sixth installment wast good but I still missed lots of cars and tracks for Forza 4.

Am I the only one struggling to figure out what's truly "new" or "evolutionary" here? A bit sad that I didn't see even one new race car..

No, you are not. Dynamic weather is new and noteworthy, but anything less would have been a small disaster today. For now we can only keep our fingers crossed that future announcements will have greater impact than what was shown at E3. To be brutally honest, nothing major so far that couldn't look like a Xbox One X patch for FM6.

Am I the only one struggling to figure out what's truly "new" or "evolutionary" here? A bit sad that I didn't see even one new race car..

T10 never really talks much when doing new Forza presentation,all details about new Forza always talked "behind" the scene,was always the case,and they seem will follow they tradition.And they dont want to show all cards either till game release,leaving something for players to discover.
Im quite sure there will be another level of cars customization,probably clubs will return,car market - they dont need to invent wheel,just bring back some features from Forza 4,add something new/requested and it will be super,as for something "revolutionary" - i saw many games being ruined trying to do that,i rather have just progress than some unplayable/uninteresting "sequel".Also,since they already anounced 700cars,which is really big considering every single car can be used in Vista,i will be very surprised if they not add anything new.That being said,what it can be in racing game like this?I certainly dont want any pistols outside cars :D

Am i the only one thinking that they screwed this trailer pretty bad...and the game a little.
Lemme start off with this: If you wanna show that your game has rain and working wipers, make sure the wipers clear the rain! Don't show them not clearing rain in the trailer!

That leads me to point 2, the wipers shaking when driving high speed, which I'm sure isn't a bug and is just them putting something "new" in, is unnecessary. Never seen my wipers shake when going down the highway. EDIT: Apparently they do shake, so, I shall state my opinion-I don't like it. They shake too much, it distracts me.

3: I would actually like to point out that everything is shaking on the cars shown, as if the game has soft body physics, which I'm sure it doesn't. Could be buggy, could actually be in the game.
4, I guess: Those Japanese cars drifting round the bend....gotta admit that was pretty low res. The tire smoke is still bland and I KNOW THE GAME IS STILL NEW but that was a little bit of a bland grass and track.

Just here me out, I'm sure it'll be decent, but at this point, they have nothing to show for. Even the first GTSport trailer was more interesting and they showcased what worked, not what bugs they had!

Last edited:
Am i the only one thinking that they screwed this trailer pretty bad...and the game a little.
Lemme start off with this: If you wanna show that your game has rain and working wipers, make sure the wipers clear the rain! Don't show that sort of bug in a trailer!
That leads me to point 2, the wipers shaking when driving high speed, which I'm sure isn't a bug and it just them putting something "new" in, is unnecessary. Never seen my wipers shake when going down the highway.
3: I would actually like to point out that everything is shaking on the cars shown as is the game has soft body physics, which I'm sure it doesn't. Could be buggy, could actually be in the game.
4, I suppose, those Japanese cars drifting round the bend....gotta admit that was pretty low res.

Just here me out, I'm sure it'll be decent, but at this point, they have nothing to show for. Even the first GTSport trailer was more interesting and they showcased what worked, not what bugs they had!

Seems very good to me, but not impressive or revolutionary. I'll play in Windows 10, for sure. Turn 10 showed its cards, now it's time to PD show theirs.
Humm... 200 layouts and 700 cars, GTSport falls short in these features, I hope PD work with these numbers...

Nearly half of the GTS trailer showcased scapes and photomode stuff... :odd:

As per usual with T10, the new stuff will be showcased slowly up until the release.

As a photographer, that's all they needed to get my purchase!!! :D

No but really, I'm gonna say wholeheartedly this was the least exciting trailer for anything that I've ever seen. It had a whole lot going on, but at the same time, nothing.

IMG_20170611_211619.jpg

Hasn't this already been done in Gran Turismo, except the female part?

View attachment 653283

Hasn't this already been done in Gran Turismo, except the female part?
Yes, but a bit generic compared to what they're advertising. As far as I remember, GT just let you change the helmet (that had 3 or so different unique designs?), and preset outfits. T10 is claiming you can customize 5 different parts of the body along multiple body shapes for both genders, showing off modern helmets to vintage style. Someone linked that they hinted at including some "fun/out there" pieces.

In an Interview with IGN Dan Greenwalt said "This is the first forza to be built from the ground up for PC". This is good news for PC gamers as hopefully this means we won't have the performance issues we had with the FH3 port.

Yes with there focus picture being "le mans pit lane I assume." It features the Porsche 919 hybrid 2015 and Porsche 911 GT3 Flying Lizard 2011.
Both were featured in forza 6 and are now pretty much ancient in modern race car terms.

Would like to see the 2017 919 hybrid and 2017 911 RSR GTE!!

Also includes the 2014 Mazda prototype (was in forza 6) which is obsolete, would like to see the new 2017 Mazda Prototype DpI

I know it is difficult to get the current race car license but Assetto Corsa managed to get it with some of the Porsche's (gt4, gt3.)

I did see the Mugello circuit in the trailer, which is good to be included again in the Forza franchise!

It's happening!!! YES!! I haven't been so excited since back a decade or so when PD announced a new GT. FM7 along with FH3 will simply be unstoppable. Add PCars 2 into your library (for physics) and you have all your car enthusiast needs covered.

Looks good. Perhaps it's a disappointingly small step for people who bought FM5 and 6, but as the first one available on PC I'm excited to buy this. I don't have a massive caRPG this generation, and the last good one I bought was arguably FM4. I look forward to having this to complement FH3, PC2, Dirt Rally and AC as a PC racing game suite.

Now... The most important question: PC requirements? This will have me bitting my nails off for the next months. I know how crappy Win10 Xbox ports are. If they ask for a 1080ti as recommended, I will be very disappointed. I'm aiming for High settings at 1080p, with an average of 80-100fps.

Sorry. Not impressed with the trailer. Female character, dynamic weather and more of the half-sim handling. All of which should have been fixed years ago back in the FM5 days. Two games too late for me. Pcars and AC are far better these days for sim racing.

I will keep a close eye on the dynamic weather though. Very interesting to see how that plays out.

For those interested a longer video and info-

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/11/15776722/e3-2017-forza-motorsport-7-4k-video-watch

The track does not dry out after the rain stops, so that is really sweet!

Last edited:
No but really, I'm gonna say wholeheartedly this was the least exciting trailer for anything that I've ever seen. It had a whole lot going on, but at the same time, nothing.

It is a poor trailer. The first 10 seconds or so are spent showing some random sandy cliffs in a desert. The camels just barely save it from being duller than watching paint dry. What a way to immediately grab the attention of car enthusiasts and motorsport fans!

Then we see this woman walking like something out of a superhero movie. So goofy and don't get me started on the choice of music. The rest is a bunch of all too familiar content reminding us what Forza Motorsport roughly looked like in 2015.

At least they made an effort to impress with numerical facts back then.

They better do something about AWD handling in this. The GT-R in FM6 was an understeery, corner plowing pig. Wouldn't turn in to save its own life and late back on the throttle. 2-3 seconds per lap slower than RWD GTR. Also, the AWD PI penalty needs to be turned down as well. AWD in previous Forza terations were only good for a better launch, after that RWD vehicles were vastly superior everywhere else PI point for point.

What I found interesting is it showed the Porsche LMP's wiper and antenna knocking around over the bumps. I wonder if that's going to be an in-game thing?

Oh well. I liked the 911 GT2 RS part. But i'm not blown away. I have seen all the older race cars again. That Super GT Nissan. The 2015 919. And i would have never expected that Flying Lizard 911 to take the spotlight again. Come on, this is 2017.

The dynamic weather sounds good but is it REALLY dynamic like... in PCars 2? The really important aspects remain unanswered at this point: will the career mode suck as much as before? How about strange paddle shifting animations and insane fuel consumption? Will this really feel like a proper sim? Will it play better with gamepad again or have they improved FFB? Can we finally do something with the race trucks they showed in that trailer? Will they bother adding the newest race cars from IMSA and WEC?

I dont want to play this again in 1080p with bad AA. But i would have to buy an XboxOneX just for this. I dont see the point right now driving all these outdated race cars again, even if its 4K. With PCars 2, the competition is REALLY strong this year and i think this will look great on PS4Pro. And altough there is so much hate for it at GTPlanet... i cant wait for GT Sport!

Back