Forza Motorsport 7 Specialty Dealer: At Last, the Volkswagen Type 2 Arrives

Awesome I’m glad the changes are sticking and it has special/ rare cars. I better grind for some cash I been trying to get all cars, I’m getting close have 660 odd :)

That van is no joke to me.

I never understood the hype myself. However, the other day I checked the inventory of a local classic car dealership which currently sells a near mint condition Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 for less than one of these old VW Samba fridges. I have no idea what's going on but whatever.

Bit strange having the 599 only a couple of weeks since they last had it. I assumed one was the GTO and one the GTB but forgot which the previous one was, so bought it again by mistake :irked:

2 repeats and a van. Joke.
I never understood the hype myself. However, the other day I checked the inventory of a local classic car dealership which currently sells a near mint condition Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 for less than one of these old VW Samba fridges. I have no idea what's going on but whatever.
That van is worth a lot of money because a lot of people want them now because they are one of the most iconic commercial vehicles ever made. They also pack in a ton more character than a modern van ever would and are just plain more cooler:
182076_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

2005_Chevrolet_Express_--_NHTSA.jpg

That van is worth a lot of money because a lot of people want them now because they are one of the most iconic commercial vehicles ever made. They also pack in a ton more character than a modern van ever would and are just plain more cooler:
182076_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
I'm a big fan of the Type 2, always have been, but personal taste is personal taste. It's been around for almost 70 years. If they don't like it by now, they probably never will.

(Their loss, though. That thing is awesome.)

Well... The Typ 2 VW is based on the Typ 1 Beetle, with whom it shares the engine and (IIRC) the floorpan. The first road-going Porsche car, the 356, was also heavily based on the Beetle.

I am not saying the Typ 2 can thus be considered a Porsche van, but it's a friggin' Porsche van.

I jest, of course. But T1 Transporters are exceedingly rare (for some specific configurations, the number of survivors may be in the lower double-digits), and I guess the association with the surfer culture of the early 1960s and the counterculture movement later in the decade made it a pop culture icon. Plus, it's an air-cooled VW, and as such it has a dedicated subculture that knows its ins and outs. So, I guess it's a case of high demand and dwindling supply?

So, I guess it's a case of high demand and dwindling supply?
That's the answer right there. When I was young, they were everywhere. They weren't rare or valuable so people just used them up. Now they're rarer then hens teeth and in demand by people who miss them. I could have grabbed a good one when I was a teenager for probably $500. Now I need to win the lottery to get one.

Back