Forza Motorsport 7: Specialty Dealer

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,015 comments
About damn time. I've recently gotten back into FM7, with some new Specialty Dealer cars it should keep things fresh. The Specialty Dealer was a good idea but they handled it so poorly from the start, good to see changes.
I was very close to quitting FM7, but with the changes they are going to make to the game, not just the specialty dealer, and two more months of free DLC means I'll keep at it.

I had to get rid of some of my cars because I was at the 900 car limit, (Grrrrrr). But I am loaded for bear, 50+ million CR! Ready and waiting.... Less than 10 hours to go

My Forza wallet is ready, but I should probably not expect to see two cars I don't already have.
I'm really hoping the S3 Sedan shows up soon. The league reward I'd been looking forward to the most, and it just so happens to be the only league reward I missed...

Ok so here’s the first batch of the new dealer cars.

2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato £425,500
1972 Chrysler VH Valiant Charger R/T E49 £39,100
2010 Ferrari 599 GTO £523,250

2012 Aston Martin V12 Zagato (Super Rare +732; 425,500cr)
1972 Chrysler VH Valiant Charger R/T E49 (Common +66; 39,100cr)
2010 Ferrari 599 GTO (Super Rare +902; 523,250cr)

I have them all already, but nice to see new metal all the same.

Last edited:
The specialty dealer lives again! I already had the Zagato and the GTO (from Rivals events I guess), but the Valiant is great. I guess you can resell all these?

Finally I could have the 599 GTO I've wanted for months! I also grabbed my first Valiant Charger, but saw no reason to spend credits on another V12 Zagato.

I might get a second Valiant to turn into a drag car but I have little interest in a second GTO. I get the feeling I'm not going to be a buyer too often considering I've missed only one or two rewards so far.

The specialty dealer lives again! I already had the Zagato and the GTO (from Rivals events I guess), but the Valiant is great. I guess you can resell all these?
You can't sell the GTO. This is really something that needs fixing. I reached the maximum 900 cars in my garage recently, and now I have to be careful selecting cars. I thought, hey if I get a low number I can sell the gifted car and keep the low numbered version. !!"Negative Buzzer Sound"!! Nope, I had to sell the version from the Specialty Dealer in order to keep only 1. (Bummer because the GTO was number 200). It worked out for me on the Zagato, however and I kept both Valiants. But my point is, Once cars no longer become exculsive you should be able to sell them in the Auction house. And by the way. I see in the Auction House there ARE sales of cars that are gifted, for example the recent Mercedes A45 FE. So how is everyone getting around this?

Why so much fuss over the Specialty Dealer's unit numbers? It didn't matter to begin with and even less so when the repeats started going back to #1. To me it's not much more than clutter on the screen. That's also why I'd rather keep those cars I did manage to obtain from Forzathon and Rivals than replacing them with SD versions.

Last edited:
And by the way. I see in the Auction House there ARE sales of cars that are gifted, for example the recent Mercedes A45 FE. So how is everyone getting around this?

The A45 wasn't gifted, it was a Leagues reward. The trick is in the delivery method - Championship, Forzathon, Leagues rewards automatically go directly to your garage, while Rivals and Photo/Livery Contest rewards go to your Message Center Gifts tab where they have to be downloaded. The popup message rewards can be auctioned, the gifts can't. Whether that's intentional or a leftover code setting they haven't tried to tinker with, I don't think they've said.

Why so much fuss over the Specialty Dealer's unit numbers? It didn't matter to begin with and even less so when the repeats started going back to #1. To me it's not much more than clutter on the screen. That's also why I'd rather keep those cars I did manage to obtain from Forzathon and Rivals than replacing them with SD versions.
Absolutely agree, I don’t care the slightest bit about the stupid number screen clutter either and if I have the luxury to choose between a specialty dealer car or one gifted one from Turn 10 (league, Forzathon, rivals) i will always prefer the gifted car and get rid of the specialty dealer one.

Actually when scrolling through my garage the occasional serial number pop ups in the top right corner of my TV is quite annoying.

Ok this weeks batch has the C63 Black Series as the returner, but the new comers...

2000 BMW Z8 £172,500
2016 Koenigsegg Regera £1,610,000
C63 Black £195,500

This is the second week in a row that I've had all the cars in the specialty dealer already.

Ze Z8! :bowdown: The classiest pre-Bangle modern BMW (and I do like some of Bangle's work.)

Design nerd correction: Bangle still oversaw the design team, though it was Fisker who was responsible for the penning of the Z8's exterior.
This is the second week in a row that I've had all the cars in the specialty dealer already.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say it's been a few months? ;)

Back