Forza Motorsport 7's July Update is Doing Away With Locked Cars

So, correct me if I am wrong. After tomorrow, the Only locked car will be the Ford Raptor FE? I understand the Ford Fiesta FE is a prize shortly, so that is locked as well but will be available shortly. Am I correct?

All FE's still locked but all normal cars (+/- 118 cars) will be unlocked except for 2 unicorns:
1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe

While the unlocking of about 118 cars is nice and I absolutely don't mind FE cars to be rewards for special events and whatnot, having unique car models as unicorns is still meh, even though I already have these 2 myself. As long as they are widely available in events (and they keep being so in the far future) I guess it's fine. But coming late to the party like I did with FH1, it's not fun to see there are unicorns that are not available to get anymore.

While the unlocking of about 118 cars is nice and I absolutely don't mind FE cars to be rewards for special events and whatnot, having unique car models as unicorns is still meh, even though I already have these 2 myself. As long as they are widely available in events (and they keep being so in the far future) I guess it's fine. But coming late to the party like I did with FH1, it's not fun to see there are unicorns that are not available to get anymore.
I was playing FH1 from day one and I still only ever got 9 of the 10 unicorns. No matter what I did, I could never get the Saleen S5S. That's just one of the many reasons why I don't like unicorns.

I respect that. I'm in the middle. There are some guys that LOVE collecting the FE models and trying to race only them, fair enough, the 25-30% bonus all the time is ok.

I'm ok with not being able to buy them and the Forzathon is fairly generous with them.

I just like having them just to see how wacky they are 'murdered out' and they are murdered out hard.

It feels like the artists really hit the sauce before the were unleashed on them because they are tacky to the point Xzibit says no.

I just like having them just to see how wacky they are 'murdered out' and they are murdered out hard.

It feels like the artists really hit the sauce before the were unleashed on them because they are tacky to the point Xzibit says no.

Really? Most of the Forza Editions are just the normal cars with a flat paint job and rims that you can install anyway. Although yes, some do come with the bog standard Forza aero parts that cannot be removed.

Really? Most of the Forza Editions are just the normal cars with a flat paint job and rims that you can install anyway. Although yes, some do come with the bog standard Forza aero parts that cannot be removed.
Don’t some of them have a unique body kit as well? Of the new body kits in FM7 compared to FH3 I really like the body kits of the Maserati, the Mercedes C63 and the Acura NSX on those FE cars. I haven’t checked but can you install all those on the regular car as well? How about the Forza lettered tyres for many of the FE cars? Can you use those as well on the normal cars?

I really like the HE/FE cars for rewards of achieving something in the game. Ditch the unicorns completely and offer them for sale at the autoshow, make the entire normal car roster available for everyone to buy and keep FE cars (along with driver gear and credits) as rewards for events. FM7 is already improving a lot, let’s hope FH4 does it perfect.

Don’t some of them have a unique body kit as well? Of the new body kits in FM7 compared to FH3 I really like the body kits of the Maserati, the Mercedes C63 and the Acura NSX on those FE cars. I haven’t checked but can you install all those on the regular car as well? How about the Forza lettered tyres for many of the FE cars? Can you use those as well on the normal cars?

There's 2 bodykits shared across the handful of new FE cars, a knockoff Liberty Walk kit and a knockoff touring car kit. All of them share the same Forza wing. The majority of FE cars, like the A45 or the Chevy SS or the M3 or the Torana or the BRAT or the Dart, are no different from stock (apart from not being able to install the factory wheels). Most of them have less customization options than their normal counterparts both performance and visual.

I just wish they'd done more to make the FE cars unique beyond some % bonuses and tire letters. Go nuts with roof chops, exhaust swaps, or whole fender and hood swaps/deletes. Hell, turn the Subaru 22B FE into a ute. And give them all property liveries, not just flat orange, yellow, or green...

Forza Edition cars could have been the perfect opportunity to foster some identity in the Forza car list, like the hero cars from NFS or GT that get a billion replica paints in Forza.

Mostly correct. All FEs are locked unless you've already earned or been gifted one. So if you're new to the game, all the FEs will be locked.

Yeah, then that is what I was suspecting. I have all but 2 FE cars, (as mentioned above), and the rest of the cars I don't have will be made available today. So then by next week, I will only be missing the Ford Raptor FE. Let's just hope that we don't have to wait for months for that.

From the official forums

July 10, 2018

The July update for Forza Motorsport 7 is here! This update includes lots of new features and improvements, including:
• Unlocking 118 previously exclusive locked cars, making them available for purchase for in-game credits.
• Lobby hosts can now remove griefers from a lobby during a race.
• Improved scrolling performance in Car Select screens.
• New Spotlight cars: the 1971 Porsche #23 917/20 and the 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
• The Top Gear Car Pack, which is included for players who own the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass.[/list]

For more on the new features in the July update, read our full announcement.
In addition to these features, we’ve made numerous improvements and fixes across all areas of the game, including the following:

GENERAL
Added “B” button (back) functionality to DLC/Car Delivery pop-up screen.
• Fixed an issue on the DLC/Car Delivery pop-up screen, where moving the right stick down would scroll all screens simultaneously.
• Fixed an issue where the UI map for Prague Short points in the wrong direction.
• Fixed an issue on Windows 10 PC versions of the game, where the “Select” button would gray out when moving the mouse off the hopper you attempt to enter.
• Added title text to the flyout menu that appears when trying to save a replay without keywords.
• Main menu buttons are no longer temporarily grayed out when dismissing the news message pop-up.
• Fixed an issue where players who previously lost save game data on their profile were unable to download tunes they created.
• Fixed an issue where, for PC players in Ultrawide settings, taking a photo with all UI hidden will still show camera settings displayed in the shot.
• Car loading in Car Select screens will begin once the player stops scrolling through the menu, increasing performance.

LIVERY EDITOR
• Fixed an issue where audio would play continuously when moving an element then turning Snap Mode on. 274827

RIVALS
• Fixed an issue where some players could not see event restrictions in Rivals challenges during the pre-race menu lobby.

MULTIPLAYER
• Fixed an issue where players who disconnected in public MP lobbies while waiting in the “Install Parts” flyout would be left alone in the lobby after backing out, instead of sending them to hopper select.
• Fixed an issue where players entering Test Drive in a lobby just as the first car finishes the race will cause the player to disconnect from the session when the next race begins.
• Fixed an issue where players who were disconnected from League races are unable to rejoin the League hoppers and saw a “Failed due to lobby mismatch” error.

TUNING
• Fixed an issue where client never fetches tunes past the 8th item on the list.

CARS
• Steering wheel is no longer visible in the Subaru WRX STI VT15r Rally Car when using wheel-less cockpit view.
• Fixed an issue where tuning sliders and arrows were not grayed out for areas that were not adjustable with your car’s applied upgrades.
• Fixed an issue where some players were seeing four 205/55R16 options when upgrading the front tire width, and two 305/35R16 options when upgrading rear tire width on the 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS.
• Fixed description for body kit upgrades in the 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS.

AUCTION HOUSE
• Fixed an issue where the car information screen in the Auction House was not showing specific bonuses for Forza Edition cars.
• Fixed an issue where selling a tuned Hyundai Veloser N or Veloster Turbo in the Auction House would cause the game to crash.

SPECTATE
• Fixed an issue where, if a player disconnects from the network by pulling their Ethernet cable, the Race Info page and the Ticker would show DNF and no Gamertag.

FORZATHON
• Fixed an issue where the #Forzathon tile would occasionally display “Coming Soon” even when #Forzathon events were live.
• Fixed an issue where, after completing a race and gaining progress on a #Forzathon Challenge, the progress toast appears, then disappears before reappearing and playing the intended animation.

I still have such a hard time taking Forza 7 seriously without track limits. I know they are working on a system for that, but it can't come soon enough IMO. I don't know why it annoys me so much, but seeing people in online races blatantly cutting corners just torques me off. lol This latest update, however, is really great. Well done, Turn 10!

I still have such a hard time taking Forza 7 seriously without track limits. I know they are working on a system for that, but it can't come soon enough IMO. I don't know why it annoys me so much, but seeing people in online races blatantly cutting corners just torques me off. lol This latest update, however, is really great. Well done, Turn 10!
Yeah that was getting me too. I got tired of coming in last place each time (especially at Yas Marina), so I started doing it too. Which is why I think the majority of people do it, because everybody else does. Good thing, I am almost finished with League play, and won't have to deal with it anymore!

Yeah that was getting me too. I got tired of coming in last place each time (especially at Yas Marina), so I started doing it too. Which is why I think the majority of people do it, because everybody else does. Good thing, I am almost finished with League play, and won't have to deal with it anymore!

Yeah, I totally get it. I can't really blame people for doing it because, like you said, some do it for cheating but others do it because you have to in order to be competitive. I can't fault someone for that. And, to be fair, if Turn 10 allow it....I suppose I can't even fault people for doing it at all. They just need to have track limits and eliminate this issue.

They should have done it this way from the start. I am not the best racer, but it is discouraging when I try to race cleanly and everybody is cheating and way ahead of you. Now, if they can get rid of the exaggerated crash physics then everything would be 'normal' .

Downloaded 4K patch for when I get a xbox one X and can’t wait to try update when I get home. Woohoo good update by the sound of it, congrats turn10.

Uhm, did they just got rid of the rims turning into a 2D texture when cars go over 20mph or something like that? It appears as if it's now a 3D model rotating no matter what speed (from youtube videos). But lights intensity is still very weak :/ Someone get those cars bulbs that have more than 5Watt

• Fixed an issue where some players were seeing four 205/55R16 options when upgrading the front tire width, and two 305/35R16 options when upgrading rear tire width on the 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS.
• Fixed description for body kit upgrades in the 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS.

Fixes are probably never a bad thing - but LOL. Turn 10 always claim to listen but somehow the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 still comes with fake front aero and exaggerated suspension behavior. These patch notes never fail to reveal some bizarre priorities.

Last edited:
Fixes are probably never a bad thing - but LOL. Turn 10 always claim to listen but somehow the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 still comes with fake front aero and exaggerated suspension behavior. These patch notes never fail to reveal some bizarre priorities.

What's worse is that it's STILL NOT FIXED. The tire upgrades after you apply the GTR bodykit are still broken, as is the damage model.

At this point, I am starting to think they or one of the contractors assembling the models for the game may have royally screwed up and forgot to include a variation of the 3d model with the stock bumper - if that is the case we are screwed, as it's simply beyond the scope of what experience tells us they will fix.

Still doesn't explain why they haven't fixed the handling, tho.

The 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Scorpio Edition is also not available for purchase. I guess that also makes it a unicorn?

At this point, I am starting to think they or one of the contractors assembling the models for the game may have royally screwed up and forgot to include a variation of the 3d model with the stock bumper - if that is the case we are screwed, as it's simply beyond the scope of what experience tells us they will fix.

The GT3 RS 4.0 front looked fine in previous games though. Tail light clusters on the Toyota Supra MK3 were even fixed post launch in FH3, so one would think there are strings to pull in this area if those in charge actually listen as much as they say they do.

The 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Scorpio Edition is also not available for purchase. I guess that also makes it a unicorn?

It's my understanding that any DLC gift car should be considered a unicorn.

The GT3 RS 4.0 front looked fine in previous games though. Tail light clusters on the Toyota Supra MK3 were even fixed post launch in FH3, so one would think there are strings to pull in this area if those in charge actually listen as much as they say they do.

The RS being fine in previous games is a bit irrelevant... And I think the Supra MK3 fix in FH3 was a texture job. Replacing the texture files for a car is something they can and will do, but 3d models are probably more complicated. I don't know - again, I am just speculating based on what we know from ripped Forza models and the likes.

Back