Forza Motorsport (8) Confirmed Car and Track List

It turns out there has been a slight reduction in the number of confirmed cars in the base game:

View attachment 1236331

• 2018 Audi #44 R8 LMS GT3
  • 2021 Cadillac #31 Whelen Racing DPi-V.R
  • 2019 Ginetta #6 Team LNT Ginetta G60-LT-P1
  • 2017 Oreca #38 Jackie Chan DC Racing Oreca 07
  • 1983 Porsche #11 John Fitzpatrick Racing 956
  • 2019 Porsche #70 Porsche Motorsport 935

Based on how things sound, those cars are likely to appear as DLC or in-game rewards after launch.
Hmm... Either it's reserved for the car pass, if they were to adapt FH4 and FH5's car pass system, Forzathon rewards or event rewards. I'd say within 2 months after launch, these cars would be for sure available by some way.

Hmm... for the Cadillac DPi-V.R., Action Express Racing (AER) also will enter the GTP field with the V-Series R (yes, the Cadillac LMDH has a name now) for this year's IMSA series. So, I bet that T10/AER may have decided on releasing the V-Series R earlier before the DPi, prolly as DLC. Same can go with the ARX-05, maybe the AMG GT3 and R8 LMS too since they had drastically changed into their Evo variants.

The Oreca 07... I'm not sure. I honestly expect LMH/LMDH to be at least featured on the base car list.

I don't see it as something that they'd add about a year after launch, as these cars can be heavily in demand.

6 cars have dropped off a vastly incomplete list and everyone's acting like T10 is the worst thing in the world.

Hardly the first time a Forza car list has been altered before launch, sure as hell won't be the last time.
Didn't Playground used to do a similar thing to Horizon 5, only for the removed cars to be available Day 1?

Last edited:
It turns out there has been a slight reduction in the number of confirmed cars in the base game:

View attachment 1236331

• 2018 Audi #44 R8 LMS GT3
  • 2021 Cadillac #31 Whelen Racing DPi-V.R
  • 2019 Ginetta #6 Team LNT Ginetta G60-LT-P1
  • 2017 Oreca #38 Jackie Chan DC Racing Oreca 07
  • 1983 Porsche #11 John Fitzpatrick Racing 956
  • 2019 Porsche #70 Porsche Motorsport 935

Based on how things sound, those cars are likely to appear as DLC or in-game rewards after launch.
Just add it to the list of pathetic examples from T10. So when the hell do they actually start marketing this game that's "coming 2023"? More red flags than the USSR at this point.

6 cars have dropped off a vastly incomplete list and everyone's acting like T10 is the worst thing in the world.

Hardly the first time a Forza car list has been altered before launch, sure as hell won't be the last time.

You vastly overestimate the average GTPlanet user

In my opinion, I think this it should be made clear, if the cars themselves are already prepared and ready for release, I feel like it would be a bad idea to hold them back and/or delay their release.

In my opinion, I think this it should be made clear, if the cars themselves are already prepared and ready for release, I feel like it would be a bad idea to hold them back and/or delay their release.
Agreed.

If it’s a licensing complication then fair enough, those things are unfortunate but they do happen.

If it’s strategic however then that’s going to leave a bad taste as they’ve already been “confirmed” and now are being walked back.

It could be a fh5 lancia type deal but somehow I doubt that, anyways I look forward to hearing more about the car list in approximately 54 years.

Anyone getting red in the face or mad, you do realize this could easily have been a fault of licensing issues?
Licensing issues giving them troubles with 8 rather popular track-only cars that have basically no relation to each other, some of which coming from manufacturers (Porsche, Audi) having a consistent presence and stable partnership with Microsoft that doesn't seem to be otherwise affected?

Nah, fam, I don't buy it

Licensing issues giving them troubles with 8 rather popular track-only cars that have basically no relation to each other, some of which coming from manufacturers (Porsche, Audi) having a consistent presence and stable partnership with Microsoft that doesn't seem to be otherwise affected?

Nah, fam, I don't buy it
Clearly the cars already exist in the game. Clearly even if they were premium cars they would still be on the car list. What exactly would prevent already built cars that have been featured already to be pulled?

The most realistic and logical reason is due to licensing.

Licensing and legal problems cannot be discussed be Microsoft or Turn 10 with the public. So being mad at them for something they might not even be able to discuss openly is a bit oddball.

Last edited:
Clearly the cars already exist in the game. Clearly even if they were premium cars they would still be on the car list. What exactly would prevent already built cars that have been featured already to be pulled?

The most realistic and logical reason is due to licensing.

Licensing and legal problems cannot be discussed be Microsoft or Turn 10 with the public. So being mad at them for something they might not even be able to discuss openly is a bit oddball.
Even if they were able to discuss it openly, would they? Because after six years all we know about the upcoming (is it even upcoming, at this point?) Forza Motorsport is that it's built from the ground up with color spectrophotometers and it's the Most Technically Advanced Forza Yet™.

All we can do is make educated guesses. And my guess is that, had there been issues with licensing those cars out, Turn 10 would have pulled any reference to those specific car models from their website and social media while they try to sort the situation out. After all, promoting your racing game with pictures of cars not present in the game due to licensing issues would likely fall foul of both advertisement and copyright regulations. But pictures of the Cadillac DPI and Audi R8 are still all over fm.net; hell, the Oreca 07 is still on the banner pic for Forza Motorsport's Twitter page.

What we know at the moment is that those cars won't be available (ad verbatim) in the base Forza Motorsport game. T10 will Share in The Futurewhen and how we'll be able to obtain those vehicles. Oddly enough, eight cars is (give or take) the size of the bonus car pack included with the Car Pass for the past three games. And what do those cars have in common, apart from being rather desireable in a racing-oriented game as the new Motorsport purports to be?

Point is, I'm not mad. Just disappointed and tired of a developer that hasn't delivered anything of substance and now pounded the nail on the coffin on any excitement I had for FM with this stunt. Was it something out of their control, did they - accidentally or on purpose - include in the car list content that's going to be paywalled or distributed through some live event, did some other weird and unexplicable occurrence force them to amend the car list and quietly issue their lovely non-statement?
Frankly, I don't give a damn; I don't feel under any moral obligation to still give them the benefit of the doubt. But of course, I'm not trying to influence anybody's opinion - if you still trust Turn 10 will deliver a decent product and treat its community decently in the years to come, you do you.

Last edited:
This idea isn't particularly new, as with FH5, there are some cars in some trailers (that being older models from past games) that are still not in the actual game, such as the Porsche Boxster Spyder, Koenigsegg CCX and Aston Martin Vanquish.

Part of me thinks why they shrunk the car list from around 786 from FM7 (this figure is not including any Forza editions, and I highly doubt FM8 will have any), to around "over 500" is also due to the fact that some returning cars will likely be added later on. Then again, Turn Ten and/or Playground should make it clear that unless there are some licensing hurdles, if the car is seen in any gameplay footage, screenshots or related media, then it's part of the game. Why hold them back or release them at a much later date?

Last edited:
Even if they were able to discuss it openly, would they? Because after six years all we know about the upcoming (is it even upcoming, at this point?) Forza Motorsport is that it's built from the ground up with color spectrophotometers and it's the Most Technically Advanced Forza Yet™.

All we can do is make educated guesses. And my guess is that, had there been issues with licensing those cars out, Turn 10 would have pulled any reference to those specific car models from their website and social media while they try to sort the situation out. After all, promoting your racing game with pictures of cars not present in the game due to licensing issues would likely fall foul of both advertisement and copyright regulations. But pictures of the Cadillac DPI and Audi R8 are still all over fm.net; hell, the Oreca 07 is still on the banner pic for Forza Motorsport's Twitter page.

What we know at the moment is that those cars won't be available (ad verbatim) in the base Forza Motorsport game. T10 will Share in The Futurewhen and how we'll be able to obtain those vehicles. Oddly enough, eight cars is (give or take) the size of the bonus car pack included with the Car Pass for the past three games. And what do those cars have in common, apart from being rather desireable in a racing-oriented game as the new Motorsport purports to be?

Point is, I'm not mad. Just disappointed and tired of a developer that hasn't delivered anything of substance and now pounded the nail on the coffin on any excitement I had for FM with this stunt. Was it something out of their control, did they - accidentally or on purpose - include in the car list content that's going to be paywalled or distributed through some live event, did some other weird and unexplicable occurrence force them to amend the car list and quietly issue their lovely non-statement?
Frankly, I don't give a damn; I don't feel under any moral obligation to still give them the benefit of the doubt. But of course, I'm not trying to influence anybody's opinion - if you still trust Turn 10 will deliver a decent product and treat its community decently in the years to come, you do you.
I hate those live service events.

Seriously remember those Fm2, Fm3 and Fm4 times with nostalgia.

Good old times.

Well that sucks! Ginetta, Cadillac DPVi and the new Porsche 935 are no longer in the base game? What on earth? Ugh, I hate this licensing stuff alot. But alas, that's what it is I suppose.

I think it's highly unlikely it is licensing related given that the cars are not from the same manufacturer or race series

Editor’s Note (March 2, 2023): We’ve updated this blog to remove mentions of some cars that will not be available in the base Forza Motorsport game. We’ll share more in the future when those vehicles will be coming to Forza Motorsport and how they can be obtained. We apologize for any confusion.

And, given how they carefully worded the edit, it seems like they're just withholding the content to release it later, either through pre-order, DLC, or other means

If it was licensing related, I don't think they would be confident enough to mention that you'll be able to obtain the cars at a later date

Last edited:
And, given how they carefully worded the edit, it seems like they're just withholding the content to release it later, either through pre-order, DLC, or other means

If it was licensing related, I don't think they would be confident enough to mention that you'll be able to obtain the cars at a later date
Indeed, the wording suggests that they will be availalbe at launch or sometime close to launch and not included with the base game. This smacks of witholding content for a day 1/early release DLC pack.

It's highly unlikely such a selection of cars would be connected with a licensing issue which T10 are able to sound so confident about overcoming.

Maybe it’s been determined that these cars are now part of a VIP/Deluxe/Pre-Order pack when at the initial time of publication they were planned for base game.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s been determined that these cars are now part of a VIP/Deluxe/Pre-Order pack when at the initial time of publication they were planned for base game.
Seems most likely tbh.
Makes me curious how many actual new cars will be in the base game.

What's the point of the dumb smarminess?

Shouldn't we be happy that we are no longer restricted to the performance of a terrible CPU?

You are acting as if having a more advanced physics engine is nonsense; the part that most excited us of a new generation is a more powerful CPU for the physics engine.

1 point of tire contact per tire at 60 fps. 240 tire contact calculations per second.

8 points of tire contact per tire at 360 fps. 11,520 tire contact calculations per second.

You can be as funny as you want with "Most Technically Advanced Forza Yet™." but let's praise what deserves to be praised.

Don't we want the latest FM to look better and have better graphical features?

How would an upcoming game... not be upcoming?

I'm 100% for giving them all the critique they deserve if we find out that they removed already announced vehicles from the base car list in order to make them "VIP" and part of a more expensive package.

Last edited:
You are acting as if having a more advanced physics engine is nonsense; the part that most excited us of a new generation is a more powerful CPU for the physics engine.
No, I'm acting as if this "more advanced physics engine" is something they've mentioned, but have in no way showcased or even described in actually meaningful terms.
They've been talking about this game for how long now? and we still know very little about its gameplay; and most of what we know is cool-sounding little buzzword mashes about the new tire simulation that Chris Esaki let slip during his Forza Monthly appearances - I think you'll understand why I'll be skeptical about Forza Motorsport featuring a super-advanced physics engine or more motorsport-friendly features until I'll be playing the damn game at this point, especially after their latest stunt that shows they feel in no way compelled to deliver accurate information to their fanbase.

Forza Motorsport will be the most advanced game in the series yet? Well, no ****ing ****. Saying it's their most advanced game is meaningless, it's non-information, because technology marches on and certainly nobody is expecting a downgrade from Forza Motorsport 7. Other than that, we know they've switched to a 360 cps, 8 point-of-contact tire model (which is cool, but doesn't mean the tire model won't be a steaming pile of garbage), that they have tire compounds and fuel consumption (which brings so many question that they won't answer), that they have a "new suspension and weight transfer model" (something that was mentioned in passing and not in any way, shape or form further explained) and yeah, that they've used a 400$ gadget any decent car body shop has but they've presented as some wonder of technology to get more accurate with their paints (which they've told us while showing some absolutely flaccid models based on 15-years old scans of scale models).

And I'm being smarmy? Then it means I'm putting on a convincing imitation of Turn 10's presenting style, so, thanks for the compliment?
Don't we want the latest FM to look better and have better graphical features?
How course we do - but Forza doesn't need to only look better - it also has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to gameplay. The fact that it looks pretty in a couple of gameplay slices and "in-engine trailers" is not in any way a guarantee the title will deliver on its lofty (and unsubstantiated) promises, or be as good as it needs to be.
How would an upcoming game... not be upcoming?
"Coming 2023, trust me bro". Again, they've been teasing this game since 2020 - and we've been without a Motorsport title since 2017 - and they still can't come up with a firm release window, leave alone a date? Doesn't fill me with confidence, and in fact, gives me "game that's gotten stuck in development hell" vibes.

In the meanwhile, the community that made FM7 the place to be, which was already a shadow of the community that made FM4 the place to be, is slowly evaporating. What's the point in them releasing the Greatest Bestest title in the franchise, if their absolutely lacklustre communication strategy will have ensured nobody will be interested in playing it for more than it takes to complete whatever career mode they'll put together and t-bone half the grid in a couple public lobby races?

Last edited:
"Coming 2023, trust me bro". Again, they've been teasing this game since 2020 - and we've been without a Motorsport title since 2017 - and they still can't come up with a firm release window, leave alone a date? Doesn't fill me with confidence, and in fact, gives me "game that's gotten stuck in development hell" vibes.
Don’t act like this doesn’t happen to every other racing game. GT7 missed two release windows before it finally released two years after it was first unveiled.

Don’t act like this doesn’t happen to every other racing game. GT7 missed two release windows before it finally released two years after it was first unveiled.
We're on year 3 with Forza Motorsport, and the game is supposed to release in the current year, but we don't even know in which quarter yet? What are the chances we're going for year 4, at this point? This is not to mention that PDI supported GT Sport all the way through 2021 - Forza Motorsport 7 was de-listed on September 2021; the series has basically not existed on Microsoft's own store since then.

But of course, that's not the issue. The uncertainty about the release date, compounded with all the other uncertainties about the game, is. People had a decent idea what to expect from Gran Turismo 7. Forza is a big question mark, coming to Game Pass eventually; the only solid info we had was a bit of the goddamn car list they amended to remove cars they've put front and center in promotional material and will not be available "in the base game".

Last edited:
First Forza Motorsport where they are finally taking time to develop it and we are going to cry about solid release dates?

After seven games of consistent releases, I think they should be given a bit of leeway when they finally take their time.

First Forza Motorsport where they are finally taking time to develop it and we are going to cry about solid release dates?

After seven games of consistent releases, I think they should be given a bit of leeway when they finally take their time.
Oh, I'm not saying we shouldn't let them cook - but I'd much appreciate it if they could give more info on what they're doing with that time; and also, if they weren't taking the mickey with release teases.

Saying a game will be out "when it's ready" is something you can afford when you've the trust of the community that supports it. Turn 10 has said and done (or not said and done) plenty to erode that trust, and little to nothing to re-establish it. Nobody wants to waste time waiting for a game that turns out to be the same old with a new shiny coat of paint and grime.

Last edited:

More time to make this less of your average AAA launch is great, but the three reveals of graphics talk is off-putting. While I'll agree a release date isn't exactly the most pertinent issue at the moment; they haven't really shown us anything to prove this is more than FM7.5. What's left of the community is itching for more info (just look on most of their twitter replies or most reddit threads discussing the game) and the constant reiteration of graphics is a bit shady.

It feels like there should've been more new info by now, but something probably went wrong, causing that to not happen. Nevertheless it's a bad look.

Last edited:
At this point the "8 point tire model!" stuff is just kinda technical mumbo jumbo that means nothing really but sounds impressive.

All the calculations and points of contact in the world don't matter if they don't really take advantage of it and keep an overall simplistic tire model where tires are up to temp in 3 corners and won't cool off unless you basically stop, and don't have any of the bite that a slick should have, react strange to kerbs and have a weird fall-off model.

I'd say AC has a better tire model than Forza but it's also running a single contact point, and ACC is only running 5 I think. I know contact points affect how tires interact with kerbs and bumps, and while AC is certainly not perfect on kerbs it's generally quite a bit better than FM7, as well as having a more in-depth temp system, so it's not like the 1 point model is necessarily what was holding Forza back.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say it's bad or that they won't use it properly or whatever, it's just that at this point it's little more than a mildly impressive technical stat since we know nothing about what practical difference it will make in the game yet since they haven't shown us any in-depth gameplay.

Waste time?

What else are you going to do?

It's a video game, not an investment.
I get what you are saying generally, but at this stage it is kind of an investment for some people as they are waiting on this to make a decision how they spend their money and what their racing game future is.

Lots of people have stopped running FM7 because they are so sick of it and its shallow racing, and while they are waiting they are branching out and trying out other titles. Some are already "lost" to PC/other titles, but many are going to see how FM8 goes and decide if they are buying a Xbox Series console and stick with FM8 as their racing game, or just finally making the jump to PC for other games.

Back