Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon 5 Set For Forza Monthly January 26; Nissan Z Revealed

Look forward to it. My hope is that FM looks as fearsome as possible because it will light a match under Polyphony to continue supporting GT7, and go a little bit further than 3 cars a month with updates.

Look forward to it. My hope is that FM looks as fearsome as possible because it will light a match under Polyphony to continue supporting GT7, and go a little bit further than 3 cars a month with updates.
I highly doubt it's going to light any match. Polyphony has been disappointing for years now and there is no end of that disappointment in sight. After experiencing GT7 I would argue the exact opposite and a continuation of slow drip to try and keep people somewhat engaged.
What would be more worthy of wishing, is that this new Motorsport is actually a really good game that is built from the ground up like they claimed. Plus it's on PC as well so that's already a huge plus.

Polyphony is pretty stubborn about their way of doing things. I only followed it closely since GT5, but I can’t remember a single time where they reacted on other games.

See how T10 made a big deal about the Z. That's what PD should have done. Instead, it just got shuffled in the pile.

I highly doubt it's going to light any match. Polyphony has been disappointing for years now and there is no end of that disappointment in sight. After experiencing GT7 I would argue the exact opposite and a continuation of slow drip to try and keep people somewhat engaged.
What would be more worthy of wishing, is that this new Motorsport is actually a really good game that is built from the ground up like they claimed. Plus it's on PC as well so that's already a huge plus.

We really don’t know if the new motorsport will be a good game yet, and we don’t know if its built from the ground up, if they really are serious for a reboot they need to rework some of the poor car models, Forza motorsport have not exactly be masterpiece either since fm4, fm7 was a very dissapointing game, even find gt sport more enjoyable, gt7 have done some disapointing things, but have done some things very well to,

And not to mention vr witch will almost be fully supported on gt7 soon, witch proably won’t be a thing in Forza motorsport, witch is good advantage for gran turismo

Last edited:
We really don’t know if the new motorsport will be a good game yet, and we don’t know if its built from the ground up, if they really are serious for a reboot they need to rework some of the poor car models, Forza motorsport have not exactly be masterpiece either since fm4, fm7 was a very dissapointing game, even find gt sport more enjoyable, gt7 have done some disapointing things, but have done some things very well to,
I'll be honest, car models are the least of their problems.

They need to focus more on physics, race features (tires/strat/weather), wheel support, online (sport mode equivalent and custom lobbies + good netcode), career mode(good variety and depth), drift and drag, livery editor, cars and tracks (quantity), car sounds, replay mode, deeper upgrades and tuning, new forza aero, esports compatibility etc. Also need to focus on getting the game to run smoothly with no major issues at launch. All this takes priority over the broken car models (which are serviceable at the very least)

The 10-20 erroneous models are the least of their worries and are definitely only going to be noticed by the vocal minority that resides online. It should be addressed at some point, and this might be the best chance for it, but its still not even in the top 10. It is definitely severely overblown, and even though having your favourite cars incorrectly modelled sucks, having it in the game and having it drive and sound well would be higher priority considering that you cant point out mistakes in the exitsting models without overlaying it on top of a another model/photo.

Could polyphony put out more cars? Sure. But the meticulous way they design them doubt we would ever see more than 5 or so a month. Other developers use more of a cookie cutter approach.

YEAH let's go Forza Motorsport and Horizon 5! I'm so glad to see the Nissan Z finally make its into Forza, while being super pumped to see what Chris and Dan have to share with FM Rebooted. I'm so, SO looking forward to this week's Xbox Direct and Forza Monthly! :D

Also also, T10 is going more in depth with FM. The hype is REAL!

Last edited:
Could polyphony put out more cars? Sure. But the meticulous way they design them doubt we would ever see more than 5 or so a month. Other developers use more of a cookie cutter approach.
What's the point of spending so much time to not be "cookie cutter" when you end up with this in gameplay?

FH5vs-GT7-2-2.jpg

FH5vs-GT7-3-2.jpg

Just a side note that PD also outsources some of their models, so it’s not like they don’t understand they can produce more than 3 cars/month.

I just hope it's a good game, and if it looks anything close to FH4-5 (I'd be surprised if it doesn't), I'd be extremely happy. Might even upgrade to a 4080 if my 3070 can't max it out at 4k60 dlss.

After that short Forza monthly presentation I am more excited for what's to come with Forza Motorsport.

It was apparent that many people were put off that they spent a lot of time talking about graphics yesterday and car models than physics. Everybody hears what they want to hear I suppose, but I heard LOUD AND CLEAR that they have put a heavy emphasis on physics and that's All I needed to learn.

I don't care that they didn't give a release date because there are still things they're working on to make the game even better than they already think it is. If they gave a release date and were forced to keep to it or hesitant to keep delaying it, they might leave something out that would really make us have a great racing experience.

I love what I heard and that will patiently await more information

Last edited:
Back