Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,243 comments
They really need to add some roadfeel to controller feedback, forza has always been too smooth, what's the point of laserscanning tracks if you can't feel anything on the road surface.
Your controller is borked then. One of the great things about Forza is the haptic feedback in the controllers for the road imperfections, tire spin, sliding, cornering.

Last edited:
Racetracks are close to perfect paved. It often seems people think about this when talking about road feel:

pngtree-japanese-cobblestone-street-with-trees-picture-image_2464256.png

:D

Your controller borked then. One of the great things about Forza is the haptic feedback in the controllers for the road imperfections, tire spin, sliding, cornering.

Fh5 has more feedback than fm7 (improved vibration for things like engine rpm, braking and road/offroad feel too).

The only game that i have played, which has full unfiltered and higher intensity of feedback is Beam.NG. I am honestly shocked at how easily it works out of the box on a controller. Even AC and PC2 weren't as easy.

I mean, I am not in the minority :lol:

View attachment 1262977

Its a win/win for me really.

If homologation is in FM8, I am immediately out, and will spend my time playing other games in my backlog, fantastic!

If it isnt there, I get to enjoy a FM game once again!

I personally have no issue with the Homologation itself. In Fact I want it to still be in Forza Motorsport. The issue is with it's implementation in FM7.
Limiting the entire single player campaign around it and limiting all online lobbies at launch around it was a mistake. It should be a mix of both Homologated Events and Open PI-Class events long with a variety of other events with various car restriction settings.
Homologation should be a part of the game, not the entire game.

One of the things that kind of bugs me about the Forza series is that it doesn't do a great job in differentiating road cars and race cars in competition or career mode. There's a world of difference in look and feel between a highly-tuned road car and an actual purpose-built IMSA/GT3/TCR machine, and while the car divisions do a decent job of keeping the two strata separate, I feel like there should be two entirely unique career-mode paths with two different upgrade systems: a "track day" series for the tuned road cars, where you can build to whatever PI you want and run races where drivetrain/engine-swapped Frankenstein hot hatches go up against Ferraris, and a "motorsports" series for the actual race cars where homologation is a bit more tightly enforced and upgrades are (more or less) limited to whatever's allowed in the real-world series. But that's just my outlook, and it'd probably disappoint the kinds of players who want to convert '60s Le Mans prototypes to twin-turbo AWD cars for some perverse reason.

What class of car are you using? I used to only run B or A Class cars when online, and I only played online. Didn't do time trial, or any single player towards the end of the FM lifecycle.

And it sucks. Its just flat out - thats why I dislike Maple Valley, same sort of thing.
I was referring to using the track in Assetto Corsa. We don't do any of those class types of things in that, unless you make them. I have run a lot of different cars though, GT3, McLaren 720s, the 89 Ford Mustang GT I'm working on now.
The point I was trying to make though is that because the physics and the feeling through FFB is good on AC, it makes this track fun. I can tell you for sure you just can't run it full out on the the accelerator, that would be devastating. What I was saying is that if you get good physics, then stuff that seems mundane or boring before, can actually be fun and worthwhile. All these layouts are worth the race because the AI is going to be challenging and it's going to take skill to be good due to elevation playing a role.

Bern.jpg

And hopefully we get more of this great feeling in the next Motorsport. It makes more of a difference than shiny neato graphics.

Last edited:
Its a win/win for me really.

If homologation is in FM8, I am immediately out, and will spend my time playing other games in my backlog, fantastic!

If it isnt there, I get to enjoy a FM game once again!

What you sugest to fix Multiplayer then? how to avoid people use META bulids that destroy competitivty?

Limiting the entire single player campaign around it and limiting all online lobbies at launch around it was a mistake. It should be a mix of both Homologated Events and Open PI-Class events long with a variety of other events with various car restriction settings.
Homologation should be a part of the game, not the entire game.

This

Last edited:
Intresting, LeMans signage doesnt have Forza Motorsport
It have only Xbox and Xbox Game Pass as last year

Attachments

• xbox.png
    xbox.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 6
Maybe since forza won't be released anytime soon they rather advertise the console as a whole. Maybe I'm wrong but tbf I don't think it's a big deal.

Game is confirmed to be in 2023 but i guess they want kickstart marketing with ShowCase

Intresting, LeMans signage doesnt have Forza Motorsport
It have only Xbox and Xbox Game Pass as last year
When has Forza ever had specific logos in race tracks?
As far as I remember, it's always been Xbox. And in game you also only see Xbox logos, don't you?

As far as I remember, it's always been Xbox. And in game you also only see Xbox logos, don't you?
This is the real track he's talking about during the actual 24h of Le Mans.

Last edited:
This is the real track he's talking about during the actual 24h of Le Mans.
Yeah I know. I have watched Le Mans 24h most years and I really don't remember any Forza logos. Plenty of Xbox or Playstation ones over the years.

Do you have any concrete evidence that for example in the FM5-7 era Microsoft put more than just Xbox logos when sponsoring the race?

Watching today's practice and hyper pole sessions on Eurosport, the Xbox signs looked very familiar both from earlier Le Mans races and from the in-game signs in FM7. Hence my confusion.

Yeah I know. I have watched Le Mans 24h most years and I really don't remember any Forza logos. Plenty of Xbox or Playstation ones over the years.

Do you have any concrete evidence that for example in the FM5-7 era Microsoft put more than just Xbox logos when sponsoring the race?
At the Forza Chicane on the Ligne Droite des Hunaudieres (this one is 2014):

1686254187716.png

And also at Tertre Rouge, at least in 2013:

1686253964715.png

Hopefully my own photograph (and yes, that's "the" section of barrier, and tree, from 2013) qualifies as evidence enough.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is for Forza or if we're getting the Le Mans game?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230608_223733.jpg
    Screenshot_20230608_223733.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 9
Or if that means the 963 is coming to FM.
Maybe will have partly to do with the new career mode in Forza?

Porsche did a colab with Xbox with 75 Limited Xboxes to celebrate the 75 years of porsche
Likely they will show up more cars on sunday

963, mind you, is a IMSA car so its likely it will be on Forza

Fh5 has more feedback than fm7 (improved vibration for things like engine rpm, braking and road/offroad feel too).

The only game that i have played, which has full unfiltered and higher intensity of feedback is Beam.NG. I am honestly shocked at how easily it works out of the box on a controller. Even AC and PC2 weren't as easy.
FH5 feels really good on controller idd. I really hope FM builds on this with a slightly more challenging handling model and of course more detail because of the new physics they announced.

Curious to see when we get the first hands on impressions from Media outlets.

or Forza Motorsport DLC. :sly:

I'm joking. But if it meant getting a historic version of the track like in PC2, take my money!

But this is great timing all the same for/from T10.

Last edited:
That Pink Pig skinned Xbox though, especially if it gets it's own controller. Shame we can't buy them, I'd been debating a pink cover for one game pad I got cheap in a deal for my daughter to save any fighting between the kids, might just need to buy it and add some stitches now I've seen this.

Still have at least one Majorette toy Porsche to buy in the livery, found a couple in the wild so far. Had debated doing some custom Hot Wheels of it...

As clocks strike closer to sunday, rumors starts to show up

Some insiders and gaming news are rumorising the game to come out October 10

Also it seems that the showcase is already online on youtube so more info will come soon

As clocks strike closer to sunday, rumors starts to show up

Some insiders and gaming news are rumorising the game to come out October 10

Also it seems that the showcase is already online on youtube so more info will come soon

Atleast we don't have to wait long to find out if this is true or not. Think they'll talk about preorders during the showcase?

Last edited:
Atleast we don't have to wait long to find out if this is true or not. Think they'll talk about preorders during the showcase?

October is only 4 months away. They'll have to start latest by July. Besides starfield is supposed to get pre order and pricing information on the showcase (which got leaked ofc).

I hope to God, they drop info like Playground Games did for fh5, with bi weekly streams instead of once a month articles.

From here on, we should have a racing game every month or so right?

F1 in June
Wrc in july
F1 manager in August
FM in Oct
TDU SC and The crew might be Q4 (Oct to dec)
Rennsport
Le Man Ultimate

Back