Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,239 comments
We'll see how it goes when Developer_Direct goes live, but I'm concerned. I'm all for the wide variety of racecars, old F1 cars, but that does mean we will see a smaller car list.
Which do you prefer? A smaller number of cars and superior modeling or 700 cars from FM7 with the same modeling?

Has anyone else tried FM7 with current gen Fanatec DD equipment? It feels like I'm using a Fisher-Price setup. FM7 was clearly not designed to be used with modern wheels and pedals. I hope FM8 improves that....a lot.

Jerome
FM has never been good with a wheel. Controller always had a big advantage, hopefully this gets addressed.

Last edited:
Has anyone else tried FM7 with current gen Fanatec DD equipment? It feels like I'm using a Fisher-Price setup. FM7 was clearly not designed to be used with modern wheels and pedals. I hope FM8 improves that....a lot.

Jerome
Yeah, I went from a controller to Fanatec DD1 and wasn’t impressed. Been with ACC and PC2, light years ahead.

Improvement for FFB is going to have to be pretty substantial for me to come back after this long. I’m not asking for a full sim experience, there’s plenty of other games in that market.

That's easy to choose. 700 cars.

Agree. I‘d rather have 700 cars that are 97% accurate than 200 cars with 100% accuracy… you‘ll only see further improvements in photomode, in races you won’t see any meaningful difference

Last edited:
I'd rather 200 cars so other deeper issues can be fixed. Having 700 cars of varying quality just smacks of Gran Turismo Syndrome

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fcd0a8684-9099-41c5-8b7a-5a03f9e01566

500 cars with upgraded detail and physics :cheers:

That’s easy to choose. 150 cars.

If I want 700+ I’ll go to the Mexican sandbox.

This. 150-200 motorsport focused machines with high quality modelling and sounds with top physics and solid gameplay infrastructure.

Jerome
When I got my Series X and Fanatec CSL DD I did not reinstall FM7 just for that reason. I figured I would rather wait for FM8.

Ok, here goes my last minute predictions:
Launch window: May-June 2023
Car list: 400 cars + 80 additional cars through a Car Pass.
20+ track list and Fujimi Kaido returns.
1440p resolution @ 60 Hz with raytracing, 2160p @ 60 fps without raytracing, 1440p @ 120 Hz performance mode in the Series X; 1440p @ 60 fps without raytracing and 1080p @ 120 Hz for the Series S.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fcd0a8684-9099-41c5-8b7a-5a03f9e01566

500 cars with upgraded detail and physics :cheers:
Yes please. When it comes to Forza Motorsport I love turning ordinary cars into trackday beasts, while also loving racecars. If this new Motorsport has motorsport-type customization (such as customizable wings, tow hooks, cannard, differsuers etc.), that would be freakin' epic! What I loved about FM1 was the balance between roadcars and racecars. I hope to see that again here.

Back