Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,251 comments
People are overreacting when it comes to those lesser accurate models. Sure i also want them to redo them at a higher quality til the smallest bold. But some people act like they are some standard car level models. In a game where there are 600+ cars, those roughly 30 less accurate cars are really not that big of a deal. I also wanted them to redo everything and go even further beyond, even higher level of detail than the most detailed car in Forza. But than that model would be waste in game and too heavy to handle and they would use lower quality lod in game. Right now they use photomode model car in game which is pretty nuts and looks more than good when you are actually playing outside those small portion of bad models. I just hope they focus more on the cockpit polygons and shaders and make them look rounder and use real materials unique to the car instead of copy paste from other models.
I'm not sure its an overreaction. The games cost money to buy, don't you want high quality? It doesn't bother you? That's fine, but don't just hand-wave it away like it's a non-issue, the fact that multiple people on this board talk about it clearly means that its an issue for them. It bothers me because almost all of the poorly modeled cars come from the era of cars that I like the most, 90s and 00s. They modeled almost all of those in the first 3 games and very few have been fully redone. Some of my favorite cars include:

996 GT3
SW20 MR2
R32 GT-R Skyline
Ferrari F355
BMW E46 M3
BMW E30 M3
FD3S RX-7
Subaru 22B
Honda S2000

It's just a bummer that they look substandard in the Forza games. :indiff:

This is in no way excusing PD for their standard cars or any other games with low quality models.

I'm not sure its an overreaction. The games cost money to buy, don't you want high quality? It doesn't bother you? That's fine, but don't just hand-wave it away like it's a non-issue, the fact that multiple people on this board talk about it clearly means that its an issue for them. It bothers me because almost all of the poorly modeled cars come from the era of cars that I like the most, 90s and 00s. They modeled almost all of those in the first 3 games and very few have been fully redone. Some of my favorite cars include:

996 GT3
SW20 MR2
R32 GT-R Skyline
Ferrari F355
BMW E46 M3
BMW E30 M3
FD3S RX-7
Subaru 22B
Honda S2000

It's just a bummer that they look substandard in the Forza games. :indiff:

This is in no way excusing PD for their standard cars or any other games with low quality models.
I also agree that we don't need to hand wave at them and that i wanted them to remodel them. But some people really overreact to it and act like all the models look like that. And let me give you a example with the bmw e46 and R32 GT-R (since i had pics of those)
Does this really look horrible and unplayable. Like if you had a choice to choose little less accurate cars or completely removal of those cars till they can one by one remodel them till much much later dates which one would you choose? I mean they don't look bad tbh
49531641762_6e2e7e7fd1_b.jpg

49531637772_7025e9c2f1_b.jpg

Does this look bad while playing?
51673121715_e40f897ac9_b.jpg

Also they are fixing some models and adding extra detail like they did with the Ferrari 458 in FH5
FH4
ZUjh2tc.jpg

vs
FH5
xUPBLZ9.jpg

I've now watched quite a few analyses and reactions to the trailer/gameplay demo and it's amazing how I haven't seen a single one where someone noticed the fully animated pit crews.

The modeling stepped up when FM4 came out with Forzavista/Autovista and the detail that went with it. Every car that was new to that game and the subsequent DLCs were considerably better quality than the stuff from FM1-3.

But then again, when I was a kid this was peak gaming so...
stunts2.jpg

Last edited:
The games cost money to buy, don't you want high quality?

I mean standard race games have maybe 50-70? cars and here you pay the same price for the game and get 10x more cars which to me are insanly detailed. Just remember that we had only a handfull Forzavista cars in FM4 and since FM5 ALL cars have that level of detail which is still insane to me. I still struggle to see the issues mentioned here but it sounds like cars look like this when i read Xbox360 car models 😅 :

CAM00061.jpgCAM00040.jpg

FM4 btw... Non Photo Mode...

Last edited:
I'll just say that 99.9% of the player base really don't care about those small inaccuracies, most people don't have a photo at hand and compare closely, most have a memory of how a car looks and that's it. From normal gameplay cameras you can't even see the small details they put in the models, plus in gameplay you mainly focus on the road ahead, upcoming corners and competitors. it's the same deal with 30 fps mirrors, you can notice it when watching a video because you're not focusing on the road, but in practice you only throw a quick glance at them while playing, so it doesn't matter.

I've now watched quite a few analyses and reactions to the trailer/gameplay demo and it's amazing how I haven't seen a single one where someone noticed the fully animated pit crews.
1655540749991.png

I did try to point it out on reddit (huracan evo pitting), but was shot down immediately saying that fm7's trailers had a full pit crew animated (along with a driver change), even though this one is during the game play demo.

I did try to point it out on reddit (huracan evo pitting), but was shot down immediately saying that fm7's trailers had a full pit crew animated (along with a driver change), even though this one is during the game play demo.

This trailer also said it was all "in-game 4K footage".

I'm skeptical until they prove it'll really be present in the game.

This trailer also said it was all "in-game 4K footage".

I'm skeptical until they prove it'll really be present in the game.

That's why I was waiting for them to comment something about it on forza monthly. Seems like we'll have to wait a while for that though.

This time around, we actually have pit strats in the game, so I would hope that pit crews are fully animated.

That's why I was waiting for them to comment something about it on forza monthly. Seems like we'll have to wait a while for that though.

This time around, we actually have pit strats in the game, so I would hope that pit crews are fully animated.

From what they've said so far I think pit strategy is a given, with the multiple tyre compounds etc. Hopefully with this renewed focus on Motorsports, we'll get realistic per series strategy/styles.

I never really got the clamoring for animated pit stops, and was always amazed/disappointed that they seemed to be a more requested feature than actually making pit stops strategical. Sure animated pit crews are a cute feature, and can add something to immersion, but they don't actually add anything of substance or depth that would add longevity to the title, and thus should be waaaay down the priority list.

I imagine they are probably tough to pull off too when you have a big roster of cars. I've seen other titles that do have them people complain about stuff like "I have 5-lug wheels but they used a centerlocking nut animation!" or "the rear wheel man wasn't lined up properly!" so with a big car list I would imagine it would be more likely to have inaccuracies like that.

From what they've said so far I think pit strategy is a given, with the multiple tyre compounds etc. Hopefully with this renewed focus on Motorsports, we'll get realistic per series strategy/styles.
I would be shocked if they had per series rules for compound changes and things like that, especially since the stuff we have seen so far seems to be indicating that we are still going to have generic "Forza GT" style classes with a blend of GT3, GTE and so on from different years.

My guess is it will be the same for all cars, but a few spec cars or very narrow specific series might have special compounds like we have now in FM7... For example the newer Indycars they added to FM7 have the softer slicks on and they wear out much faster than the general "Forza race compound" tires.

I never really got the clamoring for animated pit stops, and was always amazed/disappointed that they seemed to be a more requested feature than actually making pit stops strategical. Sure animated pit crews are a cute feature, and can add something to immersion, but they don't actually add anything of substance or depth that would add longevity to the title, and thus should be waaaay down the priority list.

I imagine they are probably tough to pull off too when you have a big roster of cars. I've seen other titles that do have them people complain about stuff like "I have 5-lug wheels but they used a centerlocking nut animation!" or "the rear wheel man wasn't lined up properly!" so with a big car list I would imagine it would be more likely to have inaccuracies like that.
I feel like the likeliest scenario is just that we get these little semi-canned cutscenes that are shot and framed in a way that gives you the sense that the pit crew's doing the work, but uses angles and camerawork to obscure any actual situations like you described where some of the members might be out-of-place depending on the shape of the car. I'm fine with that, really, as long as the timing of it all doesn't screw up the actual flow of racing, pitting, and driving through the lane.

I would be shocked if they had per series rules for compound changes and things like that, especially since the stuff we have seen so far seems to be indicating that we are still going to have generic "Forza GT" style classes with a blend of GT3, GTE and so on from different years.

My guess is it will be the same for all cars, but a few spec cars or very narrow specific series might have special compounds like we have now in FM7... For example the newer Indycars they added to FM7 have the softer slicks on and they wear out much faster than the general "Forza race compound" tires.

I meant more like, fast pitstops for the F1/open wheelers, longer pit stops for GT racing etc. With at least semi accurate fuelling, like endurance tanks for LMS style racing and so on. I'm happy with generic compounds and stuff as long as the strategy has some variance between different types of cars.

I meant more like, fast pitstops for the F1/open wheelers, longer pit stops for GT racing etc. With at least semi accurate fuelling, like endurance tanks for LMS style racing and so on. I'm happy with generic compounds and stuff as long as the strategy has some variance between different types of cars.
Ah yeah, like mandatory tire changes or mandatory switches to other compounds.

I wouldn't expect things like sportscar rules where some can't do fuel and tires at the same time or minimum times, but I could see them adding mandatory compound switches.

I just want Forza Motorsport to steal as many ideas from GT Sport as possible; that game did a lot of things right when it came to instilling the right mindset in players.

Forza games are pretty, have lots of content and run well, but none of that matters when the game encourages people to yeet you off the road on Turn 1 through poor player behavioural training.

Even though it seemed to be unpopular I really hope they bring back Dubai. I thought that track was epic.

Couple of changes I'd make though - keep the sand off the track and turn some lights on in the tunneI
I think it would look particularly good at night, same for the city tracks like Prague and Rio, I want to see them with night and rain settings.

Pgr4's car details were pretty top notch especially for a 2007 game.

Fm3 and fm4 car models really good look yeah the newer cars looked better but the old ones were not really bad.

Honestly im really interested in this game it seems to be a game dedicated to motorsport fans who love watching f1, sportscars racing, nascar and GT racing.

Honestly my hope is that can include lots of eras. I hope one day we can recreate 90s GT1 magic just like in PC2. Track day specials like the FXXK, Mclaren P1 GTR will most likely be in the game since these cars are made for the track.

People who love racecars actually might actually enjoy this Forza while fans of roadcars will most likely be disappointed as roadcars seem not be the focus in this title.

Even though it seemed to be unpopular I really hope they bring back Dubai. I thought that track was epic.

Couple of changes I'd make though - keep the sand off the track and turn some lights on in the tunnel.
I didn't like the full version much, but just the "City" layout I thought actually made for some pretty fun races, particularly in things like touring cars that could really hammer through the first chicane on the kerbs.

Agree with the sand and some tweaks in that area of the track, and they overall need work on their tunnels as the one at Rio is super dark too most of the time. Protip: in FM7, the darker it is outside, the brighter the tunnels are, so if you get the evening time skybox the tunnel at Dubai is actually pretty easy to see in.

Agree wtih @SimTourist above that Dubai would look cool at night. The airport would look neat going into the tunnel, then the city off in the distance from turn 1 as well.

The Forza 1 tracks were easily the best in the series, and it's a shame that Maple Valley is the only one we still have as it was probably the worst one.

I really enjoy driving the McLaren MP4/4, Ferrari 641 and Renault RS17 in FM7. They are a lot of fun to bomb around the track. That being said I would like to see them improve their F1/Indy cars even though I know it's limited what they can do since Codemasters get the F1 license. I'd like to see them fix the suspension so it looks more realistic and less bouncy and add cars with functional KERS/Hybrid power systems.

Another is that for city tracks, especially if they'll do New York and Tokyo, they should take inspiration from

Project Gotham Racing

and make multiple layouts of certain landmarks of these respective cities, just so it's not limited to a few layouts. However, they're most likely gonna have to think carefully on choosing the roads for the tracks, as some other games with city tracks have roads that are bad for clean racing, bad for overtaking, or both.

Last edited:
Another is that for city tracks, especially if they'll do New York and Tokyo, they should take inspiration from

Project Gotham Racing

and make multiple layouts of certain landmarks of these respective cities, just so it's not limited to a few layouts. However, they're most likely gonna have to think carefully on choosing the roads for the tracks, as some other games with city tracks have roads that are bad for clean racing, bad for overtaking, or both.

While that would be cool, I don't think this is the route they'll take for the next FM. Forza Horizon maybe, FH4 had more than a hint of PGR with its Edinburgh tracks (Edinburgh also featured in PGR2). I think I remember there being a PGR inspired challenge or 2 as well?

Aside from the comments hinting at a more Motorsport focussed title, the other hint for me is the new track they showcased. Forza Motorsport games of the past (recent past anyway) have always shown off a street circuit Prague, Rio, Dubai. The new one has shown a racing circuit (Hakone).

Last edited:
Back