Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,602 comments
I'm just super curious to see how the track list would shape up in general. Especially given the claim that all tracks has been remade from the ground up. Personally I'd love to see Rio, Prague and Dubai re-built for the new Forza, and if they can remake some 360 era tracks, even better.

Not sure about Bernese Alps though. Bit of a fixer-upper, that one.

I have played all FM titles and gotten value from them. Combining what has been shown with a 5 year gap in titles makes me think this will be a true leap forward for the series. If not, after 5 years, it will be a failure. However, as some others have said, I am not expecting a sim. I am hoping it will be but I won't hold my breath.

What gives me hope? Tire model fidelity claims, qualifying being included, the fact that GT7 made a stride in that direction with their handling model and the success of Forza Horizon taking away the need for the arcade side.

What gives me pause? It's a console title first, they want a big audience, Turn 10 always talks a big game about things like tire models and yet they have never really delivered on it.

Graphics look great but I am a wee bit skeptical there too. I want to see more in car camera angles of real gameplay. These trailers always look great and always seem to mislead a bit. But if the garage mode engines look as good as they do in the trailer, that will be a big win.

I am actually hoping the car list is smaller than past titles. Smaller means potentially more accurate regarding handling and more detailed regarding graphics. I'm sorry, but you can't make 700+ cars handle accurately. But there's a chance you can with 200. But if it's not really a sim then I guess it doesn't matter too much.

I hope the elevation changes are more noticeable. Pcar 2 did a fantastic job with that.
Well, we've seen GT and prototype cars bottom out at the Eau Rouge in the trailer, and at the last corner in Maple Valley in the gameplay preview, so there's hope...

Speaking of tracks - I don't think we'll be getting as large of a track roster as FM7. I'd love to get that at launch and T10 has had 5 years between any new tracks, but with every track now featuring Dynamic TOD & Weather, I think that's unlikely. Here is the FM7 track list

FM7 Track List

1. Bathurst
  2. Bernese Alps
  3. Brands Hatch (Rain)
  4. Circuit de Catalunya
  5. Circuit Of The Americas (Night)
  6. Daytona International Speedway (Night)
  7. Dubai
  8. Hockenheimring (Rain)
  9. Homestead Miami Speedway (Rain)
  10. Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  11. Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe (Night & Rain)
  12. Lime Rock
  13. Long Beach
  14. Maple Valley Raceway (Rain)
  15. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  16. Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  17. Mugello Autodromo Internazionale
  18. Nürburgring (Night & Rain)
  19. Prague
  20. Rio de Janiero
  21. Road America
  22. Road Atlanta
  23. Sebring International Raceway (Night & Rain)
  24. Silverstone Racing Circuit (Rain)
  25. Sonoma Raceway
  26. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Night & Rain)
  27. Suzuka Circuit (Rain)
  28. Test Track Airfield
  29. Top Gear (Rain)
  30. Virginia International Raceway (Night & Rain)
  31. Watkins Glen
  32. Yas Marina Circuit (Night)

I think the tracks with Night & Rain in FM7 are probably very likely to return - so that's VIR, Sebring, Nurburgring, Le Mans.

I also think tracks with a lot of history in FM, like Road Atlanta, Road America, Silverstone are quite likely to return.

I also think a number of tracks on there definitely aren't coming back - like Top Gear, Bernese Alps for example.

I'm honestly not sure what is a reasonable number of environments to expect - Esaki has promised obviously more new & returning tracks after the initial 5. But I just can't see T10 being able to bring back most of the FM7 tracks, the 360 era tracks that people have been requesting for years to return (New York, Amalfi, Fujimi, Camino Viejo etc) and then a good selection of New to Forza tracks from the real world & fiction, all whilst having being rebuilt w/Dynamic TOD & Weather etc.

Some concessions are going to have to be made IMO. It'll be very interesting to see what the final track list for launch ends up being - hopefully something expanded upon post launch unlike FM7.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo also returned with all tracks. I don't think you can come back with less tracks. Maybe exchange some due to copyright etc. but I don't think you'll get away with less tracks. You'll still get heat if there aren't enough new tracks like we saw on GT7.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo also returned with all tracks. I don't think you can come back with less tracks. Maybe exchange some due to copyright etc. but I don't think you'll get away with less tracks. You'll still get heat of there aren't enough new tracks like we saw on GT7.
They remade those tracks completely with insane detail, GT7 tracks look 95% the same as GTS. I don't expect every track to comeback tbh.

I think he means the perception of it, perhaps to do with the FOV or camera movement. There's no doubt he elevations are there but the visual perception of the elevation isn't always as strong.
I think you nailed it. The Nordschlieffe is the best example to assess. In real life photos and track side videos the elevation change is extreme but it does not feel that way in most sims. I have been to 5 of the tracks in Forza in real life and the game does not convey the elevation fully for any of them. I'd like to understand why that is the case.

I'd like to understand why that is the case.

Different FoV.

I know for a fact that iRacing, Assetto Corsa and also RaceRoom use the same exact Laserscan from the Nordschleife. Beside some curbs the track does feel the same to me in Forza. I have driven ten thousands of laps on it over the last decade in race games and sims and driving it theres some "Flow" to it and you notice when something feels different/off :)

In regards of FoV you always need to make sure to have it set to the exact same value in race sims from the start. Sometimes you need to convert it to vFoV or hFoV depending on what the sim uses.

Last edited:
Different FoV.

I know for a fact that iRacing, Assetto Corsa and also RaceRoom use the same exact Laserscan from the Nordschleife. Beside some curbs the track does feel the same to me in Forza. I have driven ten thousands of laps on it over the last decade in race games and sims and driving it theres some "Flow" to it and you notice when something feels different/off :)
So our fov settings are incorrect vs real life? Most sims provide detailed fov guidance, which I follow, and yet elevstion change still feels more subtle than in reality. All the sims you name have elevation changes that feel less dramatic than real life.

So our fov settings are incorrect vs real life? Most sims provide detailed fov guidance, which I follow, and yet elevstion change still feels more subtle than in reality.

Correct life like FoV on Screens is just not possible tbh. You would need VR to see the elevation like in real life. That would help a lot.

Last edited:
What do you mean ? FM track are since many games laserscanned.
The problem with Forza is that it doesn't send any feedback regarding the road surface to the controller. There is zero force feedback for bumps in the road, you only feel the tires slip. In that regard they might as well shouldn't have bothered with laserscanning. Also sometimes they still have incorrect track models even when claimed to be laserscanned, for example on Nurburgring the curbs, their height and width and color are completely wrong, it can be seen easily when compared with other scanned versions from Assetto, Race Room, iRacing or even GT.

Hopefully they do something with at least the elite controller to mimic what we have in GT7.

The impulse triggers on Xbox used to be a lot more prominent in its delivery, barely even notice it any more. I have to say, switching to XSX after sinking 220+ hours into GT7, I do miss how the haptics and dynamic triggers feel in racing games.

I would like to have added Birmingham in Alabama with multiple layouts possible, Mid-Ohio and a oldschool airport or city circuit like old Cleveland Indy at the airport, Toronto or just add the old Long Beach layout as another option with the little excursion through the city and the downhill ramp on Linden Ave.

This is how I feel about the current fictional tracks:
Bernese Alps - As it is now, it would get more variety with times of the day/weather, but it needs to get more realistic (narrower) and have more technical sections, and maybe connect to a road for timed hill climbs. Stay or go? Stay but with changes.

Dubai - That has to be the most lifeless desert I've seen in a videogame, it's long and boring, and with the new impact of surface temperature on tires it would only be realistic to run at night. Stay or go? Go.

Maple Valley Raceway - I'm rather indifferent to this one, not great, not terrible IMO. Again, weather/time of day will provide variety. Is already confirmed, so it stays.

Prague - I liked the novelty of it in FM5, but it has worn off since it has remained basically unchanged in FM6 and 7. I would love a true street circuit like Sochi. Stay or go? Stay with a proper short circuit, dump the long (unrealistic) circuit.

Rio de Janeiro - The same as Prague, It needs to be a true street circuit with proper pit stops. Stay or go? Stay or replace with a faux Monaco.

Test track airfield - Please just kill it. Replace with a true test track like Fiorano, Weissach, or Ehra-Lessien.

Top Gear - At this point, it would be fictional because it was demolished. Replace with the Eboladrome, please.

Brands Hatch - Brands Hatch exists across all the multiverse, definitively the best fictional track. It stays. :D

speaking of Project Cars, I absolutely love British tracks featured there - Donington Park, Oulton Park, Snetterton etc... They have such a fantastic flow. Not sure if they would be featured in Forza, of course, but would be nice see at least one of them in addition to the usual suspects such as Brands Hatch and Silverstone

Last edited:
speaking of Project Cars, I absolutely love British tracks featured there - Donington Park, Oulton Park, Snetterton etc... They have such a fantastic flow. Not sure if they would be featured in Forza, of course, but would be nice see at least one of them in addition to the usual suspects such as Brands Hatch and Silverstone
I think any of those would be good additions, Oulton Park is a great drivers track, Donington is legendary in its own right and Snetterton is my home circuit and has 3 very distinct layouts. Unlikely we'll see them but would be ace.

Last edited:
Back