Forza Motorsport Launches Spring 2023, on Xbox Series and PC

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Anything about PC Hardware Requirements by now? Racing games typicaly have low requirements. Forza Motorsport 7 and also Forza Horizon 5 where super fluent on my i5 4460, 16 GB RAM, Radeon 590 8GB on FullHD and i am thinking about giving the next one a go just to experience the differences to GT7.
ITLL HAVE AMD SUPERRESOLUTION THINGY. As seen recently with Forza Horizon 5, so I would say worries is on more CPU side

India
India
If FH5 gets DLSS (shown on Nvidias website for the 4090) then it is safe to assume that FM will also get it.

I would also assume that for pcs without RT capability, they will have FM7/FH5 traditional reflections so it shouldn't be that heavy on the GPU.

CPU might be a concern, but T10 really optimised FM7 to run on the most potato of PCs (excluding all the memory leak issues). So there is hope there too.

They will probably announce system requirements in Jan or Feb of next year.

Last edited:

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
United States
Selatapura, Usea
Come on Famine can't you just wave your magic wand and make more Forza updates appear that way? 🪄

UKMikey

mother****ing eighthwit
Premium
United Kingdom
West Drayton
UKMikeyA
UKMikeyA
Come on Famine can't you just wave your magic wand and make more Forza updates appear that way? 🪄
Wingardium forzarosa!

moan, whine M$ are the richest company in the universe with the best lawyers why couldn't they throw a couple billion dollars at this project so they can bring the game out by Christmas gripe, kvetch

(heavy /s)

New Zealand
Christchurch
kismet8051
The compromise is physics operations per second.

The new Forza Motorsport is 48 times the amount of physics operations per second than the previous generation Forza. GT7 is nowhere near this amount.

View attachment 1160378

Easy to miss in the video but here is a fully animated pit crew.
An animated pit crew is a must for me so this looks promising. Just over two weeks ago I moved from PS4 Pro to Xbox Series X and am only really missing GT7 which I loved. I'm eager to see what FM brings, one big advantage over GT7 is it is being developed for current gen so should look incredible and have better much better physics than GT7.

New Zealand
Christchurch
kismet8051
So far we can only see the graphics, and we won't know how it feels on a wheel (hopefully competitive). From all the talk about physics and feel for the last 4 years, it seems they really want an intuitive feeling sim with all the bells and whistles of a AAA game.
i feel like arguing about how bad it handles should be saved till we get out hands on it.

On the other hand we can compare how far the graphics have come. I know people hate talking about graphics, because they think it detracts from a sim, but i disagree because it needs to be immersive. MS aren't doing VR for now, so it has to look good on a standard display. I know a lot of people still play PC2 on VR for an amazing experience too.

Some more FM7 vs FM shots from Resetera:
1655200131821-png.1160825
View attachment 1160826 View attachment 1160827 View attachment 1160828 View attachment 1160829 View attachment 1160830 View attachment 1160831 View attachment 1160832
Why are the drivers sitting so high in FM?

India
India
Why are the drivers sitting so high in FM?
1669355194358.png

Seems close enough. Although avg camera height is high in cockpit cam in forza. Probably a tall driver model lol.

From Forza Monthly (2020 July):
Found some interesting things:

• Tools to help build cars and tracks much faster than before. Very scalable game engine.
  • Very focused on Motorsport part of FM. Upgraded AI and physics.
  • Faster updates to in game content like track limits from community requests and player feedback.
  • Liveries shared between your team and yourself on/off the track (note how race suits match the livery on the apollo). We had also heard that cars in the forzavista garage had shared liveries between them in the 2021 playtests.
    1669371251098.png

1669371280042.png

This potentially extends to team member/crew.
    1669371420666.png

Could this mean a system like F1 with sponsors and team livery? Is this only for Career mode/online?

Last edited: