Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,601 comments
I'm admittedly not familiar with the Miata, but doesn't a green backlit gauge cluster indicative of the car being driven at night for easier visuals of said cluster?
For the sibling, European car, it just means at least the sidelights are on. Doesn't need to be headlights.

An opinion can't be wrong. Otherwise, it would be a fact.

That said, I respect those who are "underwhelmed".

I am thrilled with what I saw and heard. I didn't expect more than what they revealed.

Like a previous poster, I'd rather wait a little longer and get a sublime racing game (which is what I fully anticipate).

The wait has become even more difficult after today's small bit if info.

Last edited:
I’d be interested to see how many cars that won’t make it from previous games are from Stellantis and the trademarking situation there since they have so many marques

Impressions from the developers focusing on graphics & sounds, plus some wonky race footage, didn't inspire me to think FM is digging deeper into the sim side. I'm sure they'll have lots of motorsport features, race weekends, online etc. But the actual racing footage and class mixture looked no different to FM7. Single-player looks like it will be focused on car building, perhaps a story mode.

Last edited:
So what are the new cars we have seen in the video clips ? Has anyone found them all and has a list ? :)
There's a list on Forza.net of all the cars from the clips. I've never played FM7, so I can't tell you which are new other than those dated after the last DLC/update.

I have seen the list but I'm not motivated enough to scollt through ~800 cars and look which ones are new lol

devs talking mainly about graphics is a red flag imo. Less tracks means probably less career content as well. It's a shame that gran turismo and forza are becoming like these graphics demo to showcase the power of new gen consoles. Few years ago there was some rumors that the new forza will have 50+ cars on tracks and advanced AI and pit stops animations to create these realistic endurance races with full practice and quali.... so far I haven't seen any of that . So disappointing ngl

Screenshot_20230125-190651.jpg

It looks interesting. Maybe I got it right how the campaign mode will be.

And just like that, the last bit of hype for Forza Motorsport I had is gone. If it will come out and will be a great game I'll spend countless hours on it; if it sucks or doesn't come out at all I won't lose much sleep over it.

On the one hand, it looks and sounds very good to me. Looking forward to the time of day and weather options. Dirt build up looks very nice.

On the other hand, I'm kind of disappointed by the the car and location count. For cars, they said 500 cars with 100 new to Forza. Whilst 100 new cars is good, it means "only" 400 returning. FM7 contained over 850 cars including DLC, so we're losing more than half of those. Hopefully (again, personal preference) we'll see a lot of those return as they get rescanned and rebuilt. Similarly, the location count of returning circuits from FM7 is also halved - from a personal point of view, I hope the majority of those are the real-life locations.

Also disappointed that there's still no release date, although note the Geoff Keighley tweet saying before the end of June, which I guess would still kinda count as Spring. I guess I'd got it in my head it might be March or April!

Last edited:
My guess on tracks will be,

1. Kyalami
2. Sukuza
3. Mid Ohio
4. Spa
5. Nurburgring
6. Monza
7. Silverstone
8. Bathurst
9. Hakone
10. Le Mans
11. Laguna Seca
12. Circuit of the Americas
13. Interlagos
14. Mosport
15. Zandvoort
16. Abu Dhabi
17. Maple Valley
18. Sebring - Maybe
19. Imola - Maybe
20. Bahrain - Maybe

I've rewatched the developer_direct and found these hidden cars (Will send screengrabs later):
  • 2013 Audi R8 V10 plus 5.2 FSI Quattro Coupe
  • #15 BMW V12 LMR
  • 2014 AmD Tuning Ford Focus ST BTCC
  • #3 Toyota Motorsports GT-ONE TS020
    Screenshot (2515).png
Screenshot (2514).png

Screenshot (2516).png

Plus, are they still gonna try to compensate the XBOX One players (ie, XBOX One Release)? I don't see any news of FM in XBOX One other than Cloud Gaming.

Last edited:
This is going to look really, really nice and likely play really well while being incredibly stale.

I do hope I'm wrong though and the car list wows me.

Attachments

• 185eb3195c249-screenshotUrl.jpg
    185eb3195c249-screenshotUrl.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 43
  • YouTube.jpg
    YouTube.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I'm pleased by what I saw. Horizon is still my favorite racing game, but the draw of Motorsport for me has always been the dedicated racing cars and unique venues, and it sounds like there will plenty of both. So I'll be picking this up at launch.

Back