Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,668 comments
If F8 isn’t released until sometime in November does that make it a Christmas release game that gives it some kind of bragging rights?
Not quite. Holiday season might mean a fast start to easy sales, but that's just about it. They could release it at any time when they feel ready, but Turn Ten have really kept us waiting for the past six years.

With no mention of FM8 in this month's Forza Monthly, I'm trying to hold my breath for the April Forza Monthly (hopefully not a cruel April Fool's joke).

I'm really hungry for an all-new Forza for my Xbox Series X, so I really hope they hurry it up at a reasonable pace.

If they go on about only graphics again at the xbox show, that'll be a big big red flag, but I probably don't have to say that.

You know, after all that discussion on the "old, badly modeled" M3 e36, FH5 has gone and added a brand new body kit to the existing model, and it looks very good.

they clearly don't think it needs to be retired yet...

If they go on about only graphics again at the xbox show, that'll be a big big red flag, but I probably don't have to say that.

They already said that next time they talk about the game they will talk about the career mode and show more gameplay, but probally it wont happen until June 11 showcase

Also let tell you all a thing that probally will be controversal, i had played most Forzas games since FM2 on 360, that Miata showed on last trailer looked solid, even if was the same miata from FM7, i felt that the graphics and reflex looks really realistic and the details really shine on that car, I just find dumb that they decide use the Miata to showcase car customization, it seems that it came from same guy that was thinking that show """"car demage""" on that trailer on Mapie Valley was a great idea....
I agree that turn 10 needs do better communication, specially when Horizon 5 always get something to talk about, but I still cant understand the doom and gloom with this Forza, people seems to forget that this Forza had great part of its production during a worldwide pandemic and that will be the first "Next Gen" exclusive Forza, no Cross Gen this time, like FM5, focus will make the game engine better in looks and physics.

So far the new FM seems that will follow the usual Forza style of multple editions but free track updates like FM7, i am suprised why people are mad at it instead of feel glad that it is not something abusive like FM7 lootboxes or Fortline type of Store

already have a car battle royale mode in Horizon
I actually find eliminator a intresting concept and really gave a new life to FH4
I heared they wanted make a super upgrade to this mode with color changes car selectors and all more, i just hope they dont put a store for it, i prefer the monitization a it is beacuse for me is better than anything that GT/PD is doing (30m for a car not many people will drive it and most that buy it will use it just to take fancy photos, really?)

I just hope that the new motorsport tone down this "Meta" PI thing people bring up since FH3, or at least force people that prefer "meta" stuff to ranked lobbies or something like that, the new physics engine is a very good oportunity for remake the car point system into something more competitive and fair to both hardcore and casuals alike

Found this image on twitter; and the fictional brand logos on the ground match along with a bunch of the level geometry. I still have my doubts though, any way to find out if this is real or not?

Attachments

• Ft1Qf1nX0AAzZPi.jpg
    Ft1Qf1nX0AAzZPi.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 13
Found this image on twitter; and the fictional brand logos on the ground match along with a bunch of the level geometry. I still have my doubts though, any way to find out if this is real or not?
Seems real. Which track is it? I thought it was Maple valley at first but that had the pit on the right.

Also rip the leaker, the build info and the random numbers at the bottom probably can be traced back easily.

Oh and btw @Apple Slipper did point out that the date at the bottom points to a 9th Feb 2023 test. I did read on discord that another batch of beta testing happened in Feb (with ofc no source of images to back it up). So seems that it might be true according to this image.

Last edited:
Seems real. Which track is it? I thought it was Maple valley at first but that had the pit on the right.

Also rip the leaker, the build info and the random numbers at the bottom probably can be traced back easily.

Oh and btw @Apple Slipper did point out that the date at the bottom points to a 9th Feb 2023 test. I did read on discord that another batch of beta testing happened in Feb (with ofc no source of images to back it up). So seems that it might be true according to this image.
99% sure it's Maple Valley. We're very fortunate that they showed almost the exact same area in their gameplay demo last year, have a look:

The color on the top graphic fits the new color identity they had been using yellow for quite some time

FszZ2K_XwA0hepm

But, i think that this is a VERY EARLY alpha, there is some things left here and there is lots of stuff mission before the launch
The fact game is playable is a good thing tho, it means game maybe is closer to launch that we thought

The color on the top graphic fits the new color identity they had been using yellow for quite some time

FszZ2K_XwA0hepm
This is in contrast to pink used for Horizon. I remember Motorsport used to use red during the Xbox 360 days.

On an unrelated note, if FM8 really represented Super Taikyu as one of their motorsport disciplines, that would honestly fit the theme of the game very well. It's kind of like Japan's take on most IMSA series.

Last edited:
I hope it won't end up like that, but the pitlane is so empty and dead. I hope the final version will have life in the pit lane like crew members... There is no excuse in 2023 for a "realistic" racing game to not have pit crews in garages and pitstops... Those things are very important for an immersive experience especially if the game has long endurance races. gt7 is doing that and I'm not even gonna talk about f1 games. I bet the new project cars/ gtr game will also have animated pitlanes. Stuff like this are more important than the number of pixels a tree has

Don't underestimate tree pixels...

if you play some FH5 then switch to FM7 the low complexity tree models are really noticeable!

Yes, MS has definitely made any sort of public notice they'll close one of their biggest 1st party developers & main competition to Sony's Gran Turismo.

Another well thought out take from Sim.
It was a competitor during peak Xbox 360 years, topping out at 5-6 million sales for FM3, but from Xbox One onwards FM has lost its relevance in the market, culminating in a badly received FM7 with poor sales as well. Horizon has become the forza game to play while the main series is struggling for attention. I'm not seeing much excitement online and I'm not seeing improvements that justify a 6 year dev cycle for this one.

It was a competitor during peak Xbox 360 years, topping out at 5-6 million sales for FM3, but from Xbox One onwards FM has lost its relevance in the market, culminating in a badly received FM7 with poor sales as well. Horizon has become the forza game to play while the main series is struggling for attention. I'm not seeing much excitement online and I'm not seeing improvements that justify a 6 year dev cycle for this one.
What’s funny about this is sales have been repeatedly talked about being down since FM5 and yet here we are at #8 w/ a long absence since #7.

T10 isn’t going anywhere. As Mega just said, they build the main engine of the Forza franchise and are integral part of Horizon’s own car list.

What’s funny about this is sales have been repeatedly talked about being down since FM5 and yet here we are at #8 w/ a long absence since #7.

T10 isn’t going anywhere. As Mega just said, they build the main engine of the Forza franchise and are integral part of Horizon’s own car list.
The engine team is small, 10-20 people max, if FM8 fails the main team will be disbanded and the engine team folded into Playground Games, the car list is not built in-house but by multiple outsourcing studios, T10 is not needed for this task at all.
The simracing market is way oversaturated with quality games compared to the arcade racer market where Horizon can dominate because the competition is slim. FM8 needs something special to stand out and Turn10 hasn't shown this something yet. I'm sure a lot of people will try it out on gamepass but how many will stick around?

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230417_104755_YouTube.jpg

It looks different from gameplay show tho
maybe it is fake or maybe is beacuse it is a alpha

The engine team is small, 10-20 people max, if FM8 fails the main team will be disbanded and the engine team folded into Playground Games, the car list is not built in-house but by multiple outsourcing studios, T10 is not needed for this task at all.
The simracing market is way oversaturated with quality games compared to the arcade racer market where Horizon can dominate because the competition is slim. FM8 needs something special to stand out and Turn10 hasn't shown this something yet. I'm sure a lot of people will try it out on gamepass but how many will stick around?
Might I remind you that sim racing is saturated but FM doesn't participate in that group. It is a simcade. Lot more people will pick it up because it doesn't require a wheel to be playable. It doesn't need 40 gorillion hours of setups and learning to jump into. It can provide the experience of building a car and racing it to a 9 year old and a 50 year old at the same time.

None of the Sims compete with it in terms of sheer car variety (unless gt7 comes to PC, wink wink Polyphony). It is also going to be pretty enough to pull people in just for that.

Forza also has the advantage of being an Xbox game, which has virtually no good track racers with road and race cars. In fact I can guarantee you that the lack of FM for about 6 years now, will only make it more hyped when it releases.

Best of all, it has the Gamepass safety net. And also the fact that it is going to be a long term forza rather than 2 year sequel cycle, means that even if it launches in the worst possible way, t10 can easily turn it around as time passes. All the features that they have promised point to a decent game at minimum barring bugs.

On their own, full dynamic time and weather with pit strategies, a full penalty system, drag mode and upgrades like anti lag and customizable gearboxes carrying over from fh5 mean that it will feel like a good enough upgrade over fm7. This doesn't even include the new online race weekend system (practice, qualy, race) or the big physics upgrades with smaller things like reworked Aero, kerbs and rubbering of the track.

On top of this, it looks visually like a huge step up from all the Sims it competes with on PC and Xbox. The only people it probably won't impress are sim racers (who t10 shouldn't even try pleasing because for whatever reason they hate it when games are accessible).

This doenst even cover the other features that haven't been shown yet like the new parts, the new career mode and the rest of multiplayer. Even without these it will be a good enough upgrade over fm7 for a lot of people.

You don't know the engine team size. Forza Motorsport as well as Turn 10 are staying around for the long haul. MS never announced the sales of Forza Motorsport 7. This is a simcade, not a simracing game. The car list at Polyphony Digital is also outsourced to multiple studios. That is extremely common.

Likely Alpha. Alpha testing took place on previous gen consoles as well as current so not much to take from this 3 year old shot.

Likely Alpha. Alpha testing took place on previous gen consoles as well as current so not much to take from this 3 year old shot.
This new leak seems to be dated for 9th February 2023 (bottom line of numbers).

20230417_071127.jpg

The old leaks had no visible numbers but has the same "Pre - Release Software" watermark. Instead of Tryyton (potentially the name of a twitch streamer) it had "p". Not sure whether that was censored (because the images were very low quality)

WCCFforzamotorsport83-1030x579.jpg.jpeg

WCCFforzamotorsport82-1030x579.jpg.jpeg

The new one seems to have much more detail in the surroundings but appears to have missing shadows (except for the buildings and barriers). Obviously the paint on the rs3 lms seems to be the same as the null car. There seems to be another car in the pit lane but facing the opposite direction. And it says waiting for the host to launch, meaning it could be a small batch of people testing on a single servers (kind of like how nfs unbound and heat has pre Release events for youtubers), and that this could be like an open track day practice thing where all people load in before the actual race. This could be similar to how fh loads you into a lobby with all the racers in your race before actually loading the race itself. You can see in in the trial, eliminator and the horizon open events.

Last edited:
Back