Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,243 comments
Looks fine i guess, i never been a big fan of the XB1 era Motorsport games for one reason or another but the 360 era titles were amazing in my opinion.

At least it's far far more impressive than whatever that upcoming FH5 dlc is.

I'm looking forward to playing it and dad's gonna look forward to playing it!!

Edit: And hopefully optional options to remove homologation!!

Last edited:
This reminds me of Forza 5,a gen leap but can totally see T10 making a way better looking forza years later.
Also seems like this gen we will finally have good looking rubber textures.
And i am curious to see car model comparisons with GT7 to see where PD had to compromise for the PS4.
Great time for racing game fans 😍

Last edited:
This reminds me of Forza 5,a gen leap but can totally see T10 making a way better looking forza years later.
Also seems like this gen we will finally have good looking rubber textures.
And i am curious to see car model comparisons with GT7 to see where PD had to compromise for the PS4.
Great time for racing game fans 😍
The compromise is physics operations per second.

The new Forza Motorsport is 48 times the amount of physics operations per second than the previous generation Forza. GT7 is nowhere near this amount.

Untitled.png

Easy to miss in the video but here is a fully animated pit crew.

Last edited:
If the physics improvements mean it drives a lot less jank for wheel users then hopefully its become a competent sim instead of a compromised halfway house.

The new Forza Motorsport is 48 times the amount of physics operations per second than the previous generation Forza. GT7 is nowhere near this amount.

View attachment 1160378

Easy to miss in the video but here is a fully animated pit crew.
I think someone from Digital Foundry once said that Forza opts for a more poppy color palette than most gt games.Doesn't mean one approach is better or worse than the other but i can definetly notice it in this pic.

It sounds promising, but it's all about how well those calcualtions translate when comparing feel to the real world. But so far so good. I'm looking forward to more information about this game, specifically the structure of the single player career.

Visually it looks fine, but it seems kinda arcady. I don’t know, it’s just not very serious looking with all the crashing and sparking… also the music doesn’t fit the genre I think… I was expecting something more serious, but I’ll keep an eye on it. Still a long way to go until spring 2023.

Last edited:
It sounds promising, but it's all about how well those calcualtions translate when comparing feel to the real world. But so far so good. I'm looking forward to more information about this game, specifically the structure of the single player career.
Agreed definitely, what matters is how the physics translate to the player.

The great thing is that we are getting it with the chance of a nice improvement.

Visually it looks fine, but it seems kinda arcady. I don’t know, it’s just not very serious looking with all the crashing and sparking… also the music doesn’t fit the genre I think… I was expecting something more serious, but I’ll keep an eye on it. Still a long way to go until spring 2023.
Not sure how much this will need repeated but manufacturers will never allow major damage modeling for cars.

Manufacturers do not allow damage that shows crumpling of the frame or cabin.

Last edited:
Might buy an Xbox Series X if this game pans out. Hopefully it actually has increased customization options unlike all the empty promises in Horizon 5…

I’ve accepted T10 will never go for the photorealistic look. Maybe that’s because the tech is shared with Horizon. With greater emphasis placed on foliage and environments. But we aren’t zooming into those things when racing. What matters is the realism of environments from the drivers eyeline.

So we have a good looking game that doesn’t look realistic. That wouldn’t be my artistic direction for a sim. But it’s upto the devs.

Reading the PR it sounds like there’s dynamic lighting but weather is static. Surprised they didn’t show more serious racing having discussed this previously. The drifting, crashing and general brashness of the trailer suggests it’s more of the same.

Looks great, saying all the right things. The gameplay reveal felt like a well aimed list of things that a certain PS racing game doesn't have.

My overwhelming thought? What's the catch. Real time ray tracing, new engine, new techniques, time of day and weather dynamic for all circuits. Are we only getting 200 cars and 15 tracks? A content sacrifice like we saw from FM4 to FM5? I hope not.

Looks great, saying all the right things. The gameplay reveal felt like a well aimed list of things that a certain PS racing game doesn't have.

My overwhelming thought? What's the catch. Real time ray tracing, new engine, new techniques, time of day and weather dynamic for all circuits. Are we only getting 200 cars and 15 tracks? A content sacrifice like we saw from FM4 to FM5? I hope not.
The only new thing that I'm seeing that would effect car count would likely be the effort required to rebuild all of the tracks.

The extra development time should have helped a lot in this.

Claiming the game is "the most advanced racing game ever made" is big words.

There's "most advanced ever" tier things in the trailer, such as the way the track updates and the way the NPCs have their 24/7 routines, but to claim that title it needs:

• Better weather simulation than GT7 and similar games with drying lines and cloud generation
  • Better physics and FFB than ACC and a ton of other games on PC
  • Better race weekend simulation for a sanctioned series than F1 franchise
  • Ability to change strategy midrace with proper simulation of fuel and tire wear like F1 and hardcore sims have (and GT7 does... except the fuel part)

When it comes to graphics features I thought it was a good trailer and the likely next gen exclusivity really paid off in the details, but Motorsport is supposed to be more serious and the serious racers aren't much interested in damage models, paint flying from the car, raytraced reflections (which are blurry and easily the downside of the showcase) and things that are, generally, fluff.

T10 has a history of overpromise and underdelivery and, if you go by the Forza streams, this game has been in development for 3 years, not 5, as it was in concept phase until early 2019. What's they're promising is a lot considering they have to make it all fit into the Series X's hardware, which will be 2.5 years old when the game is finally released.

I found this on the updated support page.
1655067931893.png

Im not so sure of current gen only yet. Neither are they.

1655067965758.png

60 fps standard.

1655067999218.png

RT on track. Seems a bit weirdly worded, but its probably just me nitpicking.

1655068042443.png

Dynamic and static ToD along with weather are available.

BTW the trailer was captured in game on an XSX.

Last edited:
Back