Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,654 comments
That's still not an excuse to let them off the hook. Kinda like the GT5 premium cars vs standard cars just to brag about the car count in the game. Those models should be updated.
I didn't say it was an excuse. However, at least they were upscaled decently... even if upscaling an inaccurate model isn't really good.

If you don't know better, you'll probably never notice outside of the more limited Forzavista features. That's good enough for the casual audience they're aiming for. But yes, they should definitely remake those cars, or at least put in some effort to fix the inaccuracies.

Last edited:
You also need to remember that FM7 is from 2017 and based entirely off of a previous gen console. GT7 still looks way better in most graphical areas. One thing GT7 does quite well that Forza lacks, is car modeling accuracy. A lot of cars in Forza just look out of proportion.
That's still not an excuse to let them off the hook. Kinda like the GT5 premium cars vs standard cars just to brag about the car count in the game. Those models should be updated.
This is soo untrue and exaggerated. There where 800+ cars in FM7 and roughly 30 of them where inaccurate or average models with still fully detailed models with cockpit and all but a bit less accurate. And you act like most of the car models in Forza are inaccurate. And its faaar from "Kinda like the GT5 premium cars vs standard " its not even close to that.

And i need to remind you of one thing when it comes to car models. While yes GT7 has overall higher quality models in scape mode, in game Forza's car models are far more detailed overall because of the LOD they use. GT7 never uses those highest quality models, not even in race photomode (photomode is LOD1) or replay(replay mode is LOD2). Only in scape mode where the background is just a 2d image in a static environment than you see the highest quality model (LOD0). And if you actually compare the 2 models in game between Forza and GT7 than the difference is shocking.

FH5 vs GT7 in game
FH5vs-GT7-3-2.jpg

FH5vs-GT7-2-2.jpg

And this is GT7 vs photomode

car5-2.jpg

car3-2.jpg

This is soo untrue and exaggerated. There where 800+ cars in FM7 and roughly 30 of them where inaccurate or average models with still fully detailed models with cockpit and all but a bit less accurate. And you act like most of the car models in Forza are inaccurate. And its faaar from "Kinda like the GT5 premium cars vs standard " its not even close to that.

And i need to remind you of one thing when it comes to car models. While yes GT7 has overall higher quality models in scape mode, in game Forza's car models are far more detailed overall because of the LOD they use. GT7 never uses those highest quality models, not even in race photomode (photomode is LOD1) or replay(replay mode is LOD2). Only in scape mode where the background is just a 2d image in a static environment than you see the highest quality model (LOD0). And if you actually compare the 2 models in game between Forza and GT7 than the difference is shocking.

FH5 vs GT7 in game
FH5vs-GT7-3-2.jpg

FH5vs-GT7-2-2.jpg

And this is GT7 vs photomode

car5-2.jpg

car3-2.jpg
I’m not saying that the standard cars in GT5 are comparable to the slightly off models in Forza. I’m saying that instead of T10 updating the models, they keep recycling them over and over because they don’t want to spend the money, and it keeps the car count higher. It’s why GT5 has standard cars. So they could say they had 1000 cars in the game. You’re also using FH5 as a comparison. I was using FM7.

Last edited:
I’m not saying that the standard cars in GT5 are comparable to the slightly off models in Forza. I’m saying that instead of T10 updating the models, they keep recycling them over and over because they don’t want to spend the money, and it keeps the car count higher. It’s why GT5 has standard cars. So they could say they had 1000 cars in the game. You’re also using FH5 as a comparison. I was using FM7.
I 100% understood what you where saying but its still not even close to been true. The standard models in GT5 where straight out PS2 port models, these so called bad models in FM7 are fully upgraded compared to the FM4 models. They where never that low quality or straight out old gen models. Also they have updated some of the early gen models like the 22B, F40, 458,... starting from FM5 to FH5. So they don't just put those cars in just to get the car count high. And even if they remove those slightly incorrect cars they still have over 750+ cars which is higher than any other game so it has nothing to do with them bragging over car count.

And FM and FH share the same car models so it looks exactly the same in FM7 (outside the shaders obv.). I will post later today some examples from FM7. And have a look at the difference between standard vs premium models in GT5 compared to bad vs good models in Forza. Look at the difference in quality. If GT5 premium model is rated 10 than the quality of the standard model would be 2 at max. And if the Laferrari in Forza would be rated 10 than that Nissan would be a 7 at worst.

GranTurismo5_UglyStandard.jpg

7176405151_1b6d73c239_b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Pop-up headlights being up and off during the day is one of my biggest annoyances in FM7. It's shocking how it hasn't been fixed to this day. It may be a small thing, but it just looks so wrong.
I played FM7 again after a break. Now cars with pop-ups have their lights completely disabled during daytime, and the headlights are down. Not sure what happened, some quiet patch maybe?

To stay on topic though - hopefully Forza Motorsport will be more polished than FM7.

Last edited:
I don't care how many more polygons the recycled Forza models have if they still look less accurate than the ones from a PS2 game from 2005; and some of them did and kept doing so well after Turn 10 trotted out their excuses for why the car list in 5 was gutted but then continued reusing 360 models anyway.

Nor is it the case that Turn 10 are always pumping out 10/10 models anyway, still; even when the cars in question are DLC.

Last edited:
Well I've considered the steamdeck, but I'm not sure how well it would run on it. Besides I'm big on having physical media.

Last edited:
Every device that can run a web browser can stream games :P
While technically true, that's also not quite how it works.

Fwiw it doesn't. It can stream from your PC but not completely remote streaming.

Yeah the model is exactly the same, but at least we should start with a decent amount of cars, 500-600 or more.
I hope so, but I feel like we're going to see a lot less cars at launch. I reckon 300-350, the main reasons being game balance and hopefully, more customization per car.

I think that'd be a fair trade-off but who knows with Turn 10! Been awfully quiet since the reveal.

I tried to replicate Charger screenshot in FM7 to see any potential changes in 3d-model;

3H2Ined.jpg

IfmPTCk.jpg

cIWxg6y.gif
Honestly great job on getting the angle so close. The lighting is ligh-years better, wow. There might be some differences in the model too. Pay close attention to the far-side grill trim. In the FM7 model you see more blue bodywork extending past the inset portion of the grill. The 3/4 window lower edge has a more refined edge. The C pillar is shaped differently. The lower body line near the bottom edge of the door transitions more smoothly into the wheel well. The roof has more curvature. The whole top surface of the rear fender appears to have a slightly different shape. The body line that terminates near the side/wing mirror appears to extend a little further in the FM8 model. The chrome bumper looks subtly differently shaped too.

Obviously the angle is not dead-on the same, and it's possible the vastly better lighting makes the appearance different, but I honestly think the model has at least had some tweaks, if not been redone outright.

I hope so, but I feel like we're going to see a lot less cars at launch. I reckon 300-350, the main reasons being game balance and hopefully, more customization per car.

I think that'd be a fair trade-off but who knows with Turn 10! Been awfully quiet since the reveal.
I think you'll be bang on with the numbers, but I think it'll be because of a a shift in focus towards motorsport and racing cars rather than tonnes of road cars.

The one thing I am looking forward too, regardless of the final car count, is trying some of the 2019 and onwards vehicles added into FH4 & FH5 over the last couple of years with these new physics.

I forget that it'll be over 5 and a half years since FM7 when FM Reboot comes out, and Horizon has kept adding and adding car after car that are at T10's disposal. Can't wait to rip the F8 Tributo around the Ring - or the 21' 911 GT3 around Laguna Seca etc.

I hope to god they don’t cut down the car list just for a few more bodykits, that argument is so stupid and never made sense to me.

They have to launch with at least 500 cars to have more than GT7, but ideally I’d say around 700 with more added over time.

Hard to say the vehicle number at launch, but I'm anticipating about 20 new cars on launch (same as FH5) and a similar Forzathon approach to FH5, which means 50 to 100 vehicles will be deliberately left out even though they are already made and licensed, just so that they can be added back later over the course of about 2 years. 4 vehicles x 13 "series" x 2 years = 104 vehicles. Some of those will be new content, but not many initially as they will have to fill out the car pass first.

However, even though the cars held back will not be new to Forza, they will be new to Motorsport.

Despite my cynicism, I am still looking forward to the game.

For me, the most important thing will be the number of tracks available at launch, not vehicles, anyway. And the career mode.

.For me, the most important thing will be the number of tracks available at launch, not vehicles, anyway. And the career mode.
Absolutely agree & clearly the environments are a big step up from FM7 - just in terms of lighting, trackside detail etc. So it'll be very interesting to see what tracks make the cut from FM7 and what don't. Hoping for at least 20-25 environments at launch with more coming as free updates like FM5.

Back