Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,243 comments
Since it seems like FM is a live service title, I'm curious to know whether people prefer FH style of dripfeed with events attached to it (free), Monthly DLC packs (paid) or Car Pass style weekly cars (paid).

Personally I think FH style playlist system will work really well in Motorsport, if and only if they make whatever content is added (cars, special race, track) permanently available to access and play anytime, even after that season has finished. This will greatly reduce or even eliminate any FOMO. People won't be forced to "grind" for cars or whatever, since they would be added to the autoshow.

They can theme it around cultural events or just actual racing/automotive events that occur around the world (like GF of Speed, Pikes Peak, 24Hrs of Le Mans etc.)

I personally think they will keep micro transaction to the minimum (apart from expansions or car pass DLCs), especially since they got flamed for it before.

Since it seems like FM is a live service title, I'm curious to know whether people prefer FH style of dripfeed with events attached to it (free), Monthly DLC packs (paid) or Car Pass style weekly cars (paid).

Personally I think FH style playlist system will work really well in Motorsport, if and only if they make whatever content is added (cars, special race, track) permanently available to access and play anytime, even after that season has finished. This will greatly reduce or even eliminate any FOMO. People won't be forced to "grind" for cars or whatever, since they would be added to the autoshow.

They can theme it around cultural events or just actual racing/automotive events that occur around the world (like GF of Speed, Pikes Peak, 24Hrs of Le Mans etc.)

I personally think they will keep micro transaction to the minimum (apart from expansions or car pass DLCs), especially since they got flamed for it before.
I hope Forza Motorsport Reboot won't have very expensive micro-transactions while GT7's price for micro-transactions needs to reduce.

I understand what you mean, to me I always wanted Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport series to be great. Hopefully, GT7 will be drastically improved by early or mid-2023 and Forza Motorsport Reboot should be great!

Anyway, what's your opinion on Nintendo consoles when it comes to racing/driving games?

Edit: I dislike microtransactions as I rather avoid them at all costs and what if there is GT8, it's better to remove the online DRM but still required to punish the cheaters though.
As for Nintendo consoles they haven't really had a good racing game (bar kart racers) since the Gamecube as every console since then has been underpowered and therefore less people develop for them. I'd like to see a proper Nintendo exclusive answer to GT and Forza, done well enough to not be seen as a bit crap.

I too want them to remove the online saves from GTS and GT7; I guess the only way it would happen if there was an offline mode that allowed you to keep your garage and single player career on your hard drive.

I don't want a live service game. If they do go with it, I hope they don't make the content included in it timed exclusive like in FH5. There is no point having things locked behind an artificial barrier. Just let us have the content.

Last edited:
As for Nintendo consoles they haven't really had a good racing game (bar kart racers) since the Gamecube as every console since then has been underpowered and therefore less people develop for them. I'd like to see a proper Nintendo exclusive answer to GT and Forza, done well enough to not be seen as a bit crap.

I too want them to remove the online saves from GTS and GT7; I guess the only way it would happen if there was an offline mode that allowed you to keep your garage and single player career on your hard drive.
I don't want a live service game. If they do go with it, I hope they don't make the content included in it timed exclusive like in FH5. There is no point having things locked behind an artificial barrier. Just let us have the content.
Kart racers are not my cup of tea though plus there is no point for me to see any of them come onto PC, PS5 & Xbox Series X, as I'm much more interested in Sim Racing (iRacing, rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa Competizione & Automobilista 2), Rally Sim (DiRT Rally & WRC series), Simcades (F1, Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport series), Traditional Arcade-Style Racers (Project Gotham Racing, Sega Rally, Ridge Racer & Daytona USA series) and Open-World Arcade Racers (Forza Horizon, Test Drive Unlimited, The Crew, Need For Speed, Midtown Madness & Midnight Club series).

Last edited:
Personally, I think they should do a combination of items if they plan for this to be a longer term game than usual.

Paid DLC packs: These should be monthly and strictly include vehicles new to the series. Financially, I'm not sure what would make sense for them in terms of vehicle quantity vs. pack cost though.
Weekly cars: These should be cars that are "existing" series cars returning to the game. Optimally, they would have made additional visual customization parts for each.
Event specific cars: These should strictly be base cars that can be obtained by other means, but have special customization parts not available in the customization shop (essentially the Forza Edition vehicles).

The thing is there IS a point in having the artificial barrier of time exclusivity. It's just that that point is of benefit to Turn10 ONLY. It's ALL about player numbers both in total but also on a regular basis, even more so since GamePass. That is really in my opinion the ONLY reason for the way FH4 and FH5 were/are. And with FMnot8 going to Game Pass day1 time limited is I believe inevitable. It's not, I believe, what most people want. But unless the entire world "downs tools" and doesnt play the "seasons", it's what we'll get. And that's obviously never going to happen.

I love Forza Motorsport, my love of Forza Horizon goes down with each issue, I have hardly played 5 despite buying the full version. 1 & 2 were brilliant for their time, 3 was good, then 4 reduced the number of races and focused more online. I should have seen the warning signs but still bought 5.
I want FM(not)8 to have lots of tracks, a good choice of cars and good AI. We don't need 800 cars if they are all similar. I would prefer 400 cars with a wide range than 800 Fords....

Forza Motorsport seems like it could still be some way out. Looking more like a Q3/Q4 ‘23 release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forza Motorsport seems like it could still be some way out. Looking more like a Q3/Q4 ‘23 release.

Not sure where you're getting the idea that FM will be coming out at Q3/Q4, when it was confirmed it will be coming out in Spring. Dan even said on todays Forza Monthly they were in the production phase right now, and next year they would be polishing the new title.

I'm expecting the game to release somewhere in April or May, but definatley before the Summer next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where you're getting the idea that FM will be coming out at Q3/Q4, when it was confirmed it will be coming out in Spring. Dan even said on todays Forza Monthly they were in the production phase right now, and next year they would be polishing the new title.

I'm expecting the game to release somewhere in April or May, but definatley before the Summer next year.
If we’ve learned anything from this generation it’s that delays are the norm. With a lack of information, footage, or release date. Together with the news the title will still be in the production into the New Year. I find it incredibly unlikely we aren’t going to see a new release window.

Mid-summer doesn’t make a great deal of sense. Even if the title was ready. So I expect Q3/Q4.

If we’ve learned anything from this generation it’s that delays are the norm.
I never once said there wouldn't be any delays. But you have to also take into account that we're not even NEAR FM's release at this time, so how can you assume there would be any delays, if at all?
With a lack of information, footage, or release date. Together with the news the title will still be in the production into the New Year. I find it incredibly unlikely we aren’t going to see a new release window.
I don't think T10 are obligated to give out information etc, unless they feel that it is ready. Also, you do realize we're still in 2022 going into Autumn soon right? T10 are not going to just outright give out information about their new game that's even close to being released, so I'm not sure why you're suddenly so concerned about all of that. Dan has touched on this during this months Forza Monthly, so I recommend you watch that to get a better understanding of what's going on with anything FM.

Also also, Dan saying they are going into production now, and polish next year, sounds to me that FM isn't that far away from making that Spring 2023 release. If production isn't hindered, the new game very much release somewhere in April, if T10 lucky.
Mid-summer doesn’t make a great deal of sense. Even if the title was ready. So I expect Q3/Q4.
Be my guest then. It's still on the course of Spring of next year though, so I hope you're excited. ;)

Last edited:
I think that anybody who is impatient for FM to show up could give PC2 a try and get an idea of how a more realism-oriented FM could be. I’m not saying that it will be just like PC2, but it could be close. While PC2 can be challenging on a controller, I have made settings adjustments to have a more Forza-like experience.
That being said, there are aspects that FM could really improve over PC2, namely in the controller feedback.

Last edited:
I think that anybody who is impatient for FM to show up could give PC2 a try and get an idea of how a more realism-oriented FM could be. I’m not saying that it will be just like PC2, but it could be close. While PC2 can be challenging on a controller, I have made settings adjustments to have a more Forza-like experience.
That being said, there are aspects that FM could really improve over PC2, namely in the controller feedback.
Lol Pcars has terrible physics, it's more like NFS Shift +

All we can do about Forza Motorsport Reboot is wait for new details.

There is also no doubt that Forza Motorsport Reboot (PC/Xbox Series X) and Gran Turismo 7 (PS5/PS4)'s graphics both still look much more realistic than all sorts of Nintendo Switch racing games.

Edit: I'm not saying Nintendo Switch racing games' graphics are bad.

Last edited:

There is also no doubt that Forza Motorsport Reboot (PC/Xbox Series X) and Gran Turismo 7 (PS5/PS4)'s graphics both still look much more realistic than all sorts of Nintendo Switch racing games.

I don't think you need to keep making these Switch comparisons. I feel there's nobody here that would disagree with you.

I'm really confused as to why you keep bringing up Switch games in a topic about Forza. Nobody else is making any comparisons because there isn't one to be made. There are no Forza/GT type games on Switch.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

More New Forza Motorsport Details Won’t be Revealed Until 2023

Fans hoping for more news on 2023’s Forza Motorsport are going to have to wait a little longer, as Turn10’s Dan Greenawalt and Chris Esaki have revealed in the most recent Forza Monthly stream...
Understandable. Why even reveal information about a game so far from release? Besides, people like to tell others to be patient with anything PD, so why not do the same with T10?

Understandable. Why even reveal information about a game so far from release? Besides, people like to tell others to be patient with anything PD, so why not do the same with T10?
People mock PD's delays all the time,at this point it's expected,,i see more of that than calls for patience.

I'm really confused as to why you keep bringing up Switch games in a topic about Forza. Nobody else is making any comparisons because there isn't one to be made. There are no Forza/GT type games on Switch.
Because this is part of my way of defending the Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport series against whatever racing games for Nintendo platforms.
I don't think you need to keep making these Switch comparisons. I feel there's nobody here that would disagree with you.
I just feel like to get attention, well we're in GTPlanet forums where there are no Nintendo fans at the moment.

Last edited:
Because this is part of my way to defending the Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport series against whatever racing games for Nintendo platforms.

I just feel like to get attention, well we're in GTPlanet forums where there are no Nintendo fans at the moment.
But nobody's making a graphics comparison between them, just a sales comparison.

Last edited:
Back