Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,243 comments
People mock PD's delays all the time,at this point it's expected,,i see more of that than calls for patience.
That's due to the fact PD are infamous for their years of developments, with delays in between. Mocking them for that is not so much of a surprise anymore. ;)

I am excited, when they will announce the preorder. Normally, this starts round a half year before release.
So if it will launch in spring, it have to come anywhere end 22 or very beginning of 23.
We will see.

I have a good feeling, that they have seen the negative aspects of GT7 and see not to do inside the same mistakes.

Last edited:
I find it extremely wack that they are withholding info on this game from us...for the past 3 years and counting. This makes me think the content will be a fraction compared to what we got in FM7
Hopefully not a Forza 5 situation.
But i think the revamped physics must be eating alot of dev time.

Well, let's wait for news then... Probably I will play in PC. I hope it will be more engaging than FM7.
after playing FH4 and FH5, FM7 gets more and more boring because of the worse graphics and much worse sounds. The gap is huge. And the last update so long ago. For me as a player, it was a mistake, to give up the game so early when the processor is coming with a lot of time delay.

Last edited:
All we can do about Forza Motorsport Reboot is wait for new details.

There is also no doubt that Forza Motorsport Reboot (PC/Xbox Series X) and Gran Turismo 7 (PS5/PS4)'s graphics both still look much more realistic than all sorts of Nintendo Switch racing games.

Edit: I'm not saying Nintendo Switch racing games' graphics are bad.

Switch will be perfect for a Auto modellista style racer. If someone made that but with some gran turismo 1 or 2-esque game mechanics, wacky obscure jdm car list and more depth than the original auto modellista, I might just buy a switch for it.

Last edited:
I find it extremely wack that they are withholding info on this game from us...for the past 3 years and counting. This makes me think the content will be a fraction compared to what we got in FM7
Forza Motorsport 7 getting killed off early shows what they think of the franchise.

As the Horizon series is the golden boy.

Lol, nope.

Lol, I don't need some youtube idiot to tell me what to think, I've played it myself and it's *****, try doing a burnout and post your results, their physics model can't even handle such simple thing.

Forza Motorsport 7 getting killed off early shows what they think of the franchise.

I mean, well, back then the licenses to the cars, tracks and any copyright music have a shelf life of four years.

I think with Horizon 4 not having an end-of-life announcement (at least not just yet), given it's been four years since its release and is still going strong on sale, means that they want to preserve the licenses for future Forza titles to come in the long run. Plus it was only last year that it arrived on Steam, as did Horizon 5, which could hint to something.

Perhaps Forza Motorsport (8) will follow the same principle in order to remain on sale for several years, and that it's also being offered on Steam as well.

The Project CARS series (at least the first two games), had their licenses lasting for up to seven years for the first game, and five years for Project CARS 2 before they ended up with a similar "end of life" announcement.

Sure, maybe thats why nobody takes PCars seriously in the sim racing community.
That's what's commonly known as a deflection, add in the hasty generalization and we have two logical fallacies for the price of one.

You don't speak for all of sim racing, a good swath of which has little to no actual real-world experience (a point addressed in the video - inferring you've not even watched it), and most critically you've failed to support your claim with anything concrete.

This isn't the first time claims of this nature have been made, oddly those who have made them have, to date, failed to prove them. Is PCars perfect? Nope, no title is, is PCars a sim with a solid physics engine and excellent tyre model that has been developed into one of the most accurate sim racing titles around? It is indeed.

Now, how about you stop dragging this thread off-topic with your baseless noise and make your claim in the correct sub-forum, but be prepared to back it up.

Last edited:
The reason that I brough up PC2 some posts back is that I, as an Xbox console player, have had very few options to turn to during this FM thirst period that is almost 5 years running now... I tried Asseto Corsa when it was on Game Pass and nope, and on the basis of the experience I won't even consider AC Competizione. The Codemaster's F1 games you ask? I've tried a couple and nope, although I again follow the sport (thanks largely to Drive to Survive, so there is that). Grid/Grid Legends are good and very good, respectively, but akin to Forza Horizon with tracks instead of open world.

PC3 was an attempt to make a more appealing game for average FM players, however it was quickly abandoned, is buggy in parts, and lacking in visual presentation, inferior even to FM6 which is nearly 7 years old!

With PC2 I get to drive (on a pad) a more sim oriented game that already has features to which FM developers have commited to, namely: race week experiences (practice/qualification/race), full 24 hours cycle/weather in all tracks, new tire physics compounds, tuning and so forth, so yeah, I think it can help the average FM players to make the transition.

The reason that I brough up PC2 some posts back is that I, as an Xbox console player, have had very few options to turn to during this FM thirst period that is almost 5 years running now... I tried Asseto Corsa when it was on Game Pass and nope, and on the basis of the experience I won't even consider AC Competizione. The Codemaster's F1 games you ask? I've tried a couple and nope, although I again follow the sport (thanks largely to Drive to Survive, so there is that). Grid/Grid Legends are good and very good, respectively, but akin to Forza Horizon with tracks instead of open world.

PC3 was an attempt to make a more appealing game for average FM players, however it was quickly abandoned, is buggy in parts, and lacking in visual presentation, inferior even to FM6 which is nearly 7 years old!

With PC2 I get to drive (on a pad) a more sim oriented game that already has features to which FM developers have commited to, namely: race week experiences (practice/qualification/race), full 24 hours cycle/weather in all tracks, new tire physics compounds, tuning and so forth, so yeah, I think it can help the average FM players to make the transition.
Just as an off topic side note, what are your controller settings for pCars 2? Could never get a comfortable pad feel with that.

With a lack of information, footage, or release date.
This is pretty much the MO for both the Motorsport and Horizon games. They say very, very little other than "we're working on it" until at most a few months before release, at which point it usually becomes a veritable firehose of information.

FM8 is slightly different because they deviated so far from the regular release cadence that they probably wanted to keep people reassured that the series hasn't been terminated. But at the same time they're cannily not making the same mistake that so many other developers on long time scales make of showing gameplay and features too early and locking themselves into something they might want to cut further along in development.

IMO they can take as long as they want, but I see no reason at this point not to expect the game at or about when they said it would release. It's not like this is a studio with a reputation for major delays.
People mock PD's delays all the time,at this point it's expected,,i see more of that than calls for patience.
Because Polyphony has delays and then puts out an unfinished product anyway. The calls for patience existed before the fiasco that was GT5, after that most people were a bit burned out on giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Killed off early? Four years after release, when the licences expired? You can still play the thing, you just can't buy it. It's not dead. The online even still works, or it did last time I tried.
To be fair, it does seem to make them a lot of money. I doubt FM or GT are ever going to catch back up with Horizon, it's just too good at being casual friendly and fun.

Plus with PD it's been the case several times that the calls for patience are to defend PD over things that ultimately comes off more as "If it takes long enough people will just forget we said we would do it so we don't have to actually bother." For example, it's been 9 months since Gran Turismo 7 came out and slipstreamed exploitative things into the game after the review embargo to avoid any accountability for doing so, and even with Kaz coming out and saying how sorry he was that people were offended nothing has really been done to improve it or even had a roadmap provided and they've repeatedly made it worse instead. The expectation is there for a lot of people that PD only delivers insofar as they need to to get the rabid fanbase in place to defend whatever they do and then they are home free to do whatever they want.

Certainly, the fiasco that was Forza 5's content level and Turn 10's defense of it makes it clear that they aren't a complete bastion of believability, but as far as I know Turn 10 has never sold an entire game on content that they never followed through with like with Gran Turismo 6.

Last edited:
Plus with PD it's been the case several times that the calls for patience are to defend PD over things that ultimately comes off more as "If it takes long enough people will just forget we said we would do it so we don't have to actually bother." For example, it's been 9 months since Gran Turismo 7 came out and slipstreamed exploitative things into the game after the review embargo to avoid any accountability for doing so, and even with Kaz coming out and saying how sorry he was that people were offended nothing has really been done to improve it or even had a roadmap provided and they've repeatedly made it worse instead. The expectation is there for a lot of people that PD only delivers insofar as they need to to get the rabid fanbase in place to defend whatever they do and then they are home free to do whatever they want.

Certainly, the fiasco that was Forza 5's content level and Turn 10's defense of it makes it clear that they aren't a complete bastion of believability, but as far as I know Turn 10 has never sold an entire game on content that they never followed through with like with Gran Turismo 6.
I don't understand how the developers can be satisfied about this. How can you feel good about broken promises?

Last edited:
I don't understand how the developers can be satisfied about this. How can you feel good about broken promises?
I wouldn't and you wouldn't, but there are people out there who are fine with not keeping their word or outright lying if it means they make more money. They appear to be the ones making the decisions. I've worked with people like that before, it doesn't surprise me that there's some of them high up in Polyphony and/or Sony calling the shots. They view it as just business.

It's also unclear in the case of stuff like GT6 how much it was overpromising on content that hadn't even been adequately scoped, and so when they went to actually make a build it turned out to be technically unfeasible. Which is sort of better as it's not intentionally misleading, but it's also bad because it means that the devs are letting their mouths get ahead of what they know is possible.

To be fair, GTS really reined back on this and GT7 has too, but to the extent of not really offering anything fresh at all. Pretty much everything in GT7 has some lineage in past GT games, there's nothing I could really point to and say "this is brand new to GT7". The event creator is probably closest, but I assume it's just a UI on an internal tool that they've had for years or decades.

It's a bit of a shame, because while some of their greatest **** ups were features that were just too far out there for their time, they were also some of the most interesting.

Anything about PC Hardware Requirements by now? Racing games typicaly have low requirements. Forza Motorsport 7 and also Forza Horizon 5 where super fluent on my i5 4460, 16 GB RAM, Radeon 590 8GB on FullHD and i am thinking about giving the next one a go just to experience the differences to GT7.

Anything about PC Hardware Requirements by now? Racing games typicaly have low requirements. Forza Motorsport 7 and also Forza Horizon 5 where super fluent on my i5 4460, 16 GB RAM, Radeon 590 8GB on FullHD and i am thinking about giving the next one a go just to experience the differences to GT7.
It's supposed to release on Series S, so I'd say there's a high chance that you can play it with lowered quality at 1080p. If you're happy with how FH5 looks and plays it'll probably be similar.

Just as an off topic side note, what are your controller settings for pCars 2? Could never get a comfortable pad feel with that.
I've been running with the defaults since I got my SX, so I think a lot of issues I had before were due to the game struggling on the Xbox one. I still have to tune a few cars, but that's no different to other games.

Back