Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,564 comments
Anything about PC Hardware Requirements by now? Racing games typicaly have low requirements. Forza Motorsport 7 and also Forza Horizon 5 where super fluent on my i5 4460, 16 GB RAM, Radeon 590 8GB on FullHD and i am thinking about giving the next one a go just to experience the differences to GT7.
ITLL HAVE AMD SUPERRESOLUTION THINGY. As seen recently with Forza Horizon 5, so I would say worries is on more CPU side

If FH5 gets DLSS (shown on Nvidias website for the 4090) then it is safe to assume that FM will also get it.

I would also assume that for pcs without RT capability, they will have FM7/FH5 traditional reflections so it shouldn't be that heavy on the GPU.

CPU might be a concern, but T10 really optimised FM7 to run on the most potato of PCs (excluding all the memory leak issues). So there is hope there too.

They will probably announce system requirements in Jan or Feb of next year.

Last edited:
Come on Famine can't you just wave your magic wand and make more Forza updates appear that way? 🪄

Come on Famine can't you just wave your magic wand and make more Forza updates appear that way? 🪄
Wingardium forzarosa!

moan, whine M$ are the richest company in the universe with the best lawyers why couldn't they throw a couple billion dollars at this project so they can bring the game out by Christmas gripe, kvetch

(heavy /s)

The compromise is physics operations per second.

The new Forza Motorsport is 48 times the amount of physics operations per second than the previous generation Forza. GT7 is nowhere near this amount.

View attachment 1160378

Easy to miss in the video but here is a fully animated pit crew.
An animated pit crew is a must for me so this looks promising. Just over two weeks ago I moved from PS4 Pro to Xbox Series X and am only really missing GT7 which I loved. I'm eager to see what FM brings, one big advantage over GT7 is it is being developed for current gen so should look incredible and have better much better physics than GT7.

So far we can only see the graphics, and we won't know how it feels on a wheel (hopefully competitive). From all the talk about physics and feel for the last 4 years, it seems they really want an intuitive feeling sim with all the bells and whistles of a AAA game.
i feel like arguing about how bad it handles should be saved till we get out hands on it.

On the other hand we can compare how far the graphics have come. I know people hate talking about graphics, because they think it detracts from a sim, but i disagree because it needs to be immersive. MS aren't doing VR for now, so it has to look good on a standard display. I know a lot of people still play PC2 on VR for an amazing experience too.

Some more FM7 vs FM shots from Resetera:
1655200131821-png.1160825
View attachment 1160826View attachment 1160827View attachment 1160828View attachment 1160829View attachment 1160830View attachment 1160831View attachment 1160832
Why are the drivers sitting so high in FM?

Why are the drivers sitting so high in FM?
1669355194358.png

Seems close enough. Although avg camera height is high in cockpit cam in forza. Probably a tall driver model lol.

From Forza Monthly (2020 July):
Found some interesting things:

• Tools to help build cars and tracks much faster than before. Very scalable game engine.
  • Very focused on Motorsport part of FM. Upgraded AI and physics.
  • Faster updates to in game content like track limits from community requests and player feedback.
  • Liveries shared between your team and yourself on/off the track (note how race suits match the livery on the apollo). We had also heard that cars in the forzavista garage had shared liveries between them in the 2021 playtests.
    1669371251098.png

1669371280042.png

This potentially extends to team member/crew.
    1669371420666.png

Could this mean a system like F1 with sponsors and team livery? Is this only for Career mode/online?

Last edited:
What I like at Forza Motorsport, it have some "unusual" game modes in multiplayer. Against GT7, where you only can drive races or time challenge..

Hope, Forza Motorsport will continue with that types and not get too realistic

What I like at Forza Motorsport, it have some "unusual" game modes in multiplayer. Against GT7, where you only can drive races or time challenge..

Hope, Forza Motorsport will continue with that types and not get too realistic
A racing game, where you can "only" race. How boring.

Forza Multiplayer is awesome with the wide variety of choosing a car class with changing tracks so you can easily adapt to a car or even take setup changes between the races. Then the lobby with all in the same random car on random tracks where adaption to the cars is key and also the "league" system ranking up or down while beeing in one car in multiple races until you earned enough points. You could still take the endurance races or the lobbys for FWD etc.. It's much better than just 3 races for the whole week or random lobbies (without consequences to you dr/sr) + time attack (which Forza also have too with lots of tt-races). There is just so much more to do and you can always find a fun lobby and don't have to drive 3 tracks a whole week.

Last edited:
It seems like Indycar has decided to partner with Motorsport games for branding exclusivity (which lol). Wondering what that means for the next Forza Motorsport game

Attachments

• indycarmotorsport.png
    indycarmotorsport.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 15
It seems like Indycar has decided to partner with Motorsport games for branding exclusivity (which lol). Wondering what that means for the next Forza Motorsport game
Probably a similar thing. If, and it's still only an if, there were plans for IndyCars to be in the new Forza, then they may just refer to them as their car and chassis names, like Dallara DW12 or something and just remove any IndyCar branding

Probably a similar thing. If, and it's still only an if, there were plans for IndyCars to be in the new Forza, then they may just refer to them as their car and chassis names, like Dallara DW12 or something and just remove any IndyCar branding
Offline races will be annoying because of almost all the ai using the same livery for indycars. Such a shame, after FM7 had both 2017 and 2019 cars iirc.
Also no broadcasting or whatever clause means that we might not get any featured/community events with indycars on them.

Last edited:
I do have a few big hopes, that i hope will get fixed in FM8 ( first off all : Please fix the brickyard understeer handling from FM7, most cars feel like you are driving a fully loaded truck, and other cars have massive unrealistic lift off oversteer, like almost all the Vipers, and many other racing cars and road cars 2, that`s my biggest wish, that they make the cars feel more neutral to drive, and won`t need massive runoffs, just to make a corner, even at the correct speed.
Also i hope Forza can get their Alfa Romeo / Lancia thing together, so we can get these cars in Forza again, since that`s one of the reasons why i haven`t bought FH5 yet.

Last edited:
Please record the real life racing car variant of a specific car, and use it as the racing exhaust sound, like for example a Subaru Impreza 22B, would have been awesome if it sounded just like the real life WRC version when you installed the racing exhaust.
Another awesome idea, would be a engine sound adjuster, where you could adjust the pitch of the sound, like if you wanted a " screamer " or a " growler " it would really add something new to the game.
And please make the R31 Skyline GTS-R sound just like the real life Group A version when you install the racing exhaust.

that`s my biggest wish, that they make the cars feel more neutral to drive, and won`t need massive runoffs, just to make a corner, even at the correct speed.

Setup tweaks can fix this and thats why we can use adjustable parts lol :D

Please record the real life racing car variant of a specific car, and use it as the racing exhaust sound, like for example a Subaru Impreza 22B, would have been awesome if it sounded just like the real life WRC version when you installed the racing exhaust.
Another awesome idea, would be a engine sound adjuster, where you could adjust the pitch of the sound, like if you wanted a " screamer " or a " growler " it would really add something new to the game.
And please make the R31 Skyline GTS-R sound just like the real life Group A version when you install the racing exhaust.

Need for Speed Series had that feature in multiple instances in the last years.

I dislike this company 11/10 and hope they would vanish once and for all and finally go bancrupt 😤
I thought their board of directors have already resigned. If this is talking about a developer that shouldn't be mentioned here.

Back