Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,238 comments
MS8
There are rumors that there will be an xbox-showcase planned in early 2023 including the new FM. Hope thats true.
I would wager a good chance. They said more news would arrive this year & the initial release was Spring ‘23. T10 has a history of finally revealing their Motorsport titles the year they plan to release them, so that all would lead to a showcase soon.

I hope that true. March release date
I Doubt Stalker 2 will come due to the war in Ukraine.

How some developers have dropped developing the game to join the fighting.

One of the developers also got killed in the fighting.

I doubt that list is true.

I hope that true. March release date

Nothing you see anywhere except on Forza.net is true/real or not guessed/faked by some "random internet person" as long as Turn10 themselfs will announce the exact release date and that did not happen yet and we do not know when it will happen. But you can be sure that it will be happen when Turn10 110% knows they ready for a release date since it never happend that a Forza game release was delayed ever. :)

Last edited:
Knowing that Horizon 5's got the Lynk & Co 03 TCR and MG6 XPOWER TCR, the Peugeot 308 TCR being leaked in FH5's files and FM7 having the Audi RS3 LMS TCR, I have hopes that Turn10 would bring more of the 2019+ TCR series into Motorsport.

Read the FH5 TCRF article for the evidence.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind trying to get back into Forza, especially if it's coming to PC.

How have the last few games been in terms of accessibility? I have no interest in grinding credits just to be able to race, tune, and paint cars. Is the majority of the game still locked behind career? Also what are the options like for customizing races? I'm still bitter than the ultimate single player mode for Forza 4 was locked behind multiplayer for reasons beyond the understanding of rational beings. Being limited to 2-3 laps of chase the rabbit that starts in first place is the fastest way to kill a good racing game in my opinion.

The showcase itself probably wont have much new info other than a new trailer and release date. But it opens up the possibility of having forza monthlys dedicated to FM details till launch.
Was hoping it would be sooner than 25th, but that would still put it before this month's forza monthly.

I want to see actual gameplay in cockpit view and pure sound without background music. I want to see if they have 1080 wheel rotation and new interior animations like shifting and driver reactions.

I want to see actual gameplay in cockpit view and pure sound without background music. I want to see if they have 1080 wheel rotation and new interior animations like shifting and driver reactions.
We have atleast 180 on either side confirmed from the 2022 trailers, with better animation? for the driver holding the steering. The rest, we will will need just gameplay. A Demo would be nice.

The showcase itself probably wont have much new info other than a new trailer and release date. But it opens up the possibility of having forza monthlys dedicated to FM details till launch.
Was hoping it would be sooner than 25th, but that would still put it before this month's forza monthly.

this sounds more in-depth than just a trailer

Confirmation

Forza Motorsport: The team at Turn 10 Studios have been hard at work, bringing fans the next generation of Forza Motorsport, built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox Series X|S. Forza Motorsport is back, and we can't wait to share more gameplay and exciting new details

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wouldn't mind trying to get back into Forza, especially if it's coming to PC.

How have the last few games been in terms of accessibility? I have no interest in grinding credits just to be able to race, tune, and paint cars. Is the majority of the game still locked behind career? Also what are the options like for customizing races? I'm still bitter than the ultimate single player mode for Forza 4 was locked behind multiplayer for reasons beyond the understanding of rational beings. Being limited to 2-3 laps of chase the rabbit that starts in first place is the fastest way to kill a good racing game in my opinion.
FM7 was easy to get credits in as long as you didn't try to buy a new supercar for every race. There were also some easy tricks to make credits fast using the "rewards" things or whatever they call it where you can choose between a prize car, driver gear or mod pack.

The career was still lame but it tried a little more than previous ones, with divisions now instead of just class based racing. You could also change the career mode races to "long" or whatever it was called and they were like 3x longer or something, so it gave it more of a natural feel instead of the normal "divebomb turn 1 to get first or restart" nonsense from previous ones. AI is still garbage though so even with the longer races, wasn't much fun but then that's speaking as someone who primarily races in organized leagues so I'm used to racing against people so by comparison AI is pretty much always terrible.

FM7's "free play" mode is pretty customizable, with a bunch of restrictions and controls, it's almost like FM4 online private lobbies except you can't manually assign AI cars like you could back then.

Overall it's a good game in most areas really but rose tinted glasses for FM4 and the troubled launch taint FM7 for many people. The main issue with the game really is that the racing is shallow with no drafting, no tire strategy, a crap tire temperature model, and basically no progressive damage other than engine and transmission. It makes every race a maximum-attack, flat out sprint race with no need for strategy or car management or using your brain really, and coupled with the crash-your-way-to-the-front career mode (because lets face it, most people don't change the races to "long"), it teaches everyone to be hyper aggressive all the time and makes random hoppers kinda terrible to race in.

FM8 will be interesting because the tire strategy and fuel strategy stuff is going to be a complete culture shock for the vast majority of Forza players, and unless T10 dumb it down so far that it's inconsequential (which I wouldn't put past them), it should make early days in the game hilarious as people are gonna constantly be screwing up strategies and stuff. Should be tons of zero IQ racing and I'm excited for it.

I'm eagerly awaiting FM8, it should be good with fuel/tires/pitstops etc. I'm hoping it may have a similar feel to PC2.

Also although I'm not obsessed with graphics, T10 always excel at pushing the hardware so it will be interesting what they achieve. I think I'm right in thinking that this is the first S/X next gen only racing game to release so I'm interested to see what they achieve. I wonder if it will make the SX fan spin!

Also although I'm not obsessed with graphics, T10 always excel at pushing the hardware so it will be interesting what they achieve. I think I'm right in thinking that this is the first S/X next gen only racing game to release so I'm interested to see what they achieve. I wonder if it will make the SX fan spin!
I just recently bought my Xbox Series X brand new, and already I'm beginning to worry about the system's cooling fans because of what an absolute beast of a game FM8 will be.

FM7 was easy to get credits in as long as you didn't try to buy a new supercar for every race. There were also some easy tricks to make credits fast using the "rewards" things or whatever they call it where you can choose between a prize car, driver gear or mod pack.

The career was still lame but it tried a little more than previous ones, with divisions now instead of just class based racing. You could also change the career mode races to "long" or whatever it was called and they were like 3x longer or something, so it gave it more of a natural feel instead of the normal "divebomb turn 1 to get first or restart" nonsense from previous ones. AI is still garbage though so even with the longer races, wasn't much fun but then that's speaking as someone who primarily races in organized leagues so I'm used to racing against people so by comparison AI is pretty much always terrible.

FM7's "free play" mode is pretty customizable, with a bunch of restrictions and controls, it's almost like FM4 online private lobbies except you can't manually assign AI cars like you could back then.

Overall it's a good game in most areas really but rose tinted glasses for FM4 and the troubled launch taint FM7 for many people. The main issue with the game really is that the racing is shallow with no drafting, no tire strategy, a crap tire temperature model, and basically no progressive damage other than engine and transmission. It makes every race a maximum-attack, flat out sprint race with no need for strategy or car management or using your brain really, and coupled with the crash-your-way-to-the-front career mode (because lets face it, most people don't change the races to "long"), it teaches everyone to be hyper aggressive all the time and makes random hoppers kinda terrible to race in.

FM8 will be interesting because the tire strategy and fuel strategy stuff is going to be a complete culture shock for the vast majority of Forza players, and unless T10 dumb it down so far that it's inconsequential (which I wouldn't put past them), it should make early days in the game hilarious as people are gonna constantly be screwing up strategies and stuff. Should be tons of zero IQ racing and I'm excited for it.
Thanks for the reply. I see some good and some bad news, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what Forza 8 offers.

Long race option sounds amazing, something I'd never turn off. It's so simple, yet addresses so many problems. You can keep the casual players looking for minute long races happy while still being able to provide actual racing for simulation style players.

I also like the sound of free mode, but I never understand why features like this can go backwards over time. No AI selection? What reason could they have possibly had to reduce customization?

On the negative side, a lack of drafting? Why did they simplify their physics? Especially by removing something so critical to actual racing.

I just recently bought my Xbox Series X brand new, and already I'm beginning to worry about the system's cooling fans because of what an absolute beast of a game FM8 will be.
I'm sure it will be fine mate, I was just joking about, nothing seems to work the SX hard, although I guess this could be a candidate.

Thanks for the reply. I see some good and some bad news, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what Forza 8 offers.

Long race option sounds amazing, something I'd never turn off. It's so simple, yet addresses so many problems. You can keep the casual players looking for minute long races happy while still being able to provide actual racing for simulation style players.

I also like the sound of free mode, but I never understand why features like this can go backwards over time. No AI selection? What reason could they have possibly had to reduce customization?

On the negative side, a lack of drafting? Why did they simplify their physics? Especially by removing something so critical to actual racing.
Yeah the lack of the manual selection for AI is a headscratcher, but you can use the restrictions to get a fairly accurate grid if you are going for something realistic. For example, restrict from 1987 to 1989, P class, RWD and you will get Group C, etc.

T10 in general has made odd choices with limiting our freedom. One issue in FM7 is that when you choose "Day" option, sometimes you get sunset, sometimes you get sunny, sometimes you get cloudy, and you can't choose, it's just random... Why not let us choose which one? It's purely visual and doesn't change laptimes and stuff, but for photos it's annoying to have to reload a track 5 times to get the 1 of the 3 time of day settings you want.

The draft is a weird situation and I should have probably been more specific but was trying to make it simple... It actually does work in terms of gaining straight line speed, the problem is that you also push the car in front of you up to your speed as well. The result is that 2 cars are much faster drafting together, but you can't actually use the draft for an overtake when you are in the same cars (or cars that are balanced very carefully). If you have cars with significant disparity in top end speed, then the draft can still help overtakes happen sooner, as long as you pull out of the draft before you begin pushing the lead car... but with high top speed differential the overtake would happen anyways.

I really wish that we get more classic F1 racing cars, specifically from the 1970s. A small detail that everyone may have missed is that the Ferrari 312 T2 can be visually converted into the 1975 312 T that Lauda raced in the 1975 Italian GP, as well as having an option to remove the airboxes of the McLaren M23.

Forza Motorsport 7 (10).png

Here's the 312T2's available visual modification that isn't the wheels. Hopefully, T10 would have the guts to scan different versions of the Porsche 962 (with headlamp covers, headlamp modifications, and different wings) and revamp it into a fully customizable one based on real IMSA GTP and WEC 962s.

Some interesting or strange bits that have been said during earlier Forza Monthlies and Interviews about the upcoming game:

2019:
  • Forza features are expected to be responsive to player feedback after release
  • Features like FRR are intended for teaching/informing players rather than punishing them.
  • On IMSA Partnership:
    • “This is really about track content. So the IMSA partnership. we’re definitely looking at this for the future as something we want to go pretty deeply into. With track content, and specifically the licensed tracks for a full IMSA series, that’s a lot of work. Our tracks take a long time to build and it’s a lot of money."
    • "These are things we absolutely want to bring in a much more authentic way, with the actual cars and tracks so we can actually bring series to Motorsport, and bring a more motorsport experience to Motorsport is certainly what we’re looking at for the future."
  • On Fantasy Tracks and Fujimi Kaido:
    • . So you better bet we’ll be investing a lot in that in the future, because it allows us to craft a better experience we know the players are going to love. … The number one fantasy track that we always get asked for is Fujimi Kaido. We hear you guys loud and clear. We’re working on a lot of stuff right now.”
  • On Custom Lobies:
    • “Searchable custom public lobbies is one of the often requested features from the community. Same with A.I. and multiplayer, and build your own careers. We hear you loud and clear. I just want to caveat this with: we are completely looking at everything about how we organize online racing all up in the next version. And I think everyone will be pretty happy with some of these massive changes we’re looking at."
  • Strategy:
    • "Tire strategy, fuel strategy, battery strategy. I cannot commit to this, but this is what we’re investing in."
2020:
  • "Foundational work on tools and tech allows the team to build cars and tracks more quickly, at incredible detail"

• On IMSA Partnership:
    • “This is really about track content. So the IMSA partnership. we’re definitely looking at this for the future as something we want to go pretty deeply into. With track content, and specifically the licensed tracks for a full IMSA series, that’s a lot of work. Our tracks take a long time to build and it’s a lot of money."
    • "These are things we absolutely want to bring in a much more authentic way, with the actual cars and tracks so we can actually bring series to Motorsport, and bring a more motorsport experience to Motorsport is certainly what we’re looking at for the future."
Somehow I missed this when it was announced. FM7 was missing only 3 racetracks; Mosport, Mid-Ohio* and Detroit Belle Isle*, in order to have the full lineup of tracks for a full IMSA season. If Mosport is in, I will be very, very happy about it.

*Both are not on the 2023 schedule, Mid-Ohio was replaced by Indianapolis, which has been present in FM since 4 I think.

"Tire strategy, fuel strategy, battery strategy. I cannot commit to this, but this is what we’re investing in."
Do they mean for electric cars instead of fuel strategy or are they on about having SoC modes in hybrids with the right upgrades (ecu)?

Last edited:
Do they mean for electric cars instead of fuel strategy or are they on about having SoC modes in hybrids with the right upgrades (ecu)?

They mention it in the context of "electric racing" and say that there's no guarantee it will make it to the final game.

It probably relates more to EV than hybrid boost, although I'd like both considering how many road cars (and ofc high level racecars like lmh/lmp1 and f1) have hybrid boost systems.

Starting to really be curious about this. Hype is building.

Used to love FM, but from 2 on they went in the wrong direction for me.

Nowadays I adore FM5 and play mostly ACC and GT7 for my Track racing needs.

Hope to find something for me in the rebooted Motosport.

So, T10's testing dynamic track decorations on Catalunya years ago.

Also, a comment by @nukleabomb on this post mentions:
  • One of the car classes being tested was that of a Touring Car class. The touring cars he mentioned include (I've researched on the racing teams of these cars in their TCR championships thru their racing numbers)
    • 2018 #11 Handy Motorsport Alfa Romeo Giulietta BTCC
    • 2018 Audi RS3 LMS (either the #108 RS3 LMS or the stock RS3 LMS livery seen in FM7)
    • 2014 #17 AmD Tuning Ford Focus ST BTCC (seen in playtests)
    • 2018 #08 Peugeot 308 TCR
    • 2018 Subaru Levorg GT (Potentially the Sutton Racing Levorgs in the BTCC)
    • 2018 #22 Volkswagen Golf WTCR (No specific team; confirmed by him)
  • Multi-car garages that can be viewed on Forzavista
  • This "multi-car garage" has multiple functions in it, like one room to paint cars and start races
  • Liveries can be shared on to different cars and maybe racing suits

Last edited:
Back