Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,682 comments
Could you find a more compressed screenshot? I can almost make out it's from a racing game still
Took it from the 4k trailer
Screenshot_20230126_001935_YouTube.jpg

and then a shot from GT7 in race mode

20230126_002054.jpg

Se eu entendi corretamente, são locutores de beira de estrada localizados tocando nos alto-falantes de cada faixa.

DiRT 5 tem algo assim, jogos de F1 também em menor grau (principalmente audíveis antes da corrida).

F1-style campaign mode then? :)

Last edited:
1. Maple Valley Raceway [Original|U.S.A]
2. Silverstone Circuit [Real|U.K]
3. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps [Real|Belgium]
4. Nürburgring [Real|Germany]
5. WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca [Real|U.S.A]
6. Suzuka International Racing Course [Real|Japan]

7. Bernese Alps / Sunset Peninsula / Test Track Infield / Fujimi Kaido / ??? [Original|???]
8. Prague / Rio de Janiero / Dubai / New York City / Tokyo / ??? [Original|???]
9. Sebring International Raceway / Daytona International Speedway / Homestead-Miami Speedway [Real|U.S.A]
10. Indianapolis Motor Speedway / Watkins Glen / Virginia International Raceway / Lime Rock [Real|U.S.A]
11. Road America / Road Atlanta / Sonoma Raceway / Long Beach [Real|U.S.A]
12. Yes Marina Circuit / Top Gear test track / Hockenheimring [Real|???]
13. Brands Hatch Circuit / Circuit de la Sarthe Le Mans / Tsukuba Circuit [Real|???]
14. Autodromo Nazionale Monza / Mugello Autodromo Internazionale [Real|Italy]
15. Circuit de Catalunya / Mobility Resort Motegi / Mount Panorama Circuit [Real|???]

16. Circuit Hakone [NEW Original|Japan]
17. Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit [NEW Real|South Africa]
18. Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course [NEW Real|U.S.A]
19. ??? [NEW Real/Original|Europe]
20. ??? [NEW Real/Original|???]

1. Maple Valley Raceway [Original|U.S.A]
2. Silverstone Circuit [Real|U.K]
3. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps [Real|Belgium]
4. Nürburgring [Real|Germany]
5. WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca [Real|U.S.A]
6. Suzuka International Racing Course [Real|Japan]

7. Bernese Alps / Sunset Peninsula / Test Track Infield / Fujimi Kaido / ??? [Original|???]
8. Prague / Rio de Janiero / Dubai / New York City / Tokyo / ??? [Original|???]
9. Sebring International Raceway / Daytona International Speedway / Homestead-Miami Speedway [Real|U.S.A]
10. Indianapolis Motor Speedway / Watkins Glen / Virginia International Raceway / Lime Rock [Real|U.S.A]
11. Road America / Road Atlanta / Sonoma Raceway / Long Beach [Real|U.S.A]
12. Yes Marina Circuit / Top Gear test track / Hockenheimring [Real|???]
13. Brands Hatch Circuit / Circuit de la Sarthe Le Mans / Tsukuba Circuit [Real|???]
14. Autodromo Nazionale Monza / Mugello Autodromo Internazionale [Real|Italy]
15. Circuit de Catalunya / Mobility Resort Motegi / Mount Panorama Circuit [Real|???]

16. Circuit Hakone [NEW Original|Japan]
17. Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit [NEW Real|South Africa]
18. Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course [NEW Real|U.S.A]
19. ??? [NEW Real/Original|Europe]
20. ??? [NEW Real/Original|???]
First of all Hockenheim is indeed a real track but what's your list supposed us to say?

Last edited:
"Customize with more than 800 new upgrades"
  • Shows the good ol' Forza Aero that everyone hates into the Mazda MX-5 NA
  • No mentions of Privateer teams' adjustments to existing race cars (i.e. headlight covers, front spoilers, spoiler changes, modified front fascias for Group C/Classic Le Mans cars)

"Over 100 new to Motorsport cars"
  • I bet that 30% of these cars are actually new to the franchise
  • 40% of them would be FH3-FH5 ports
  • 30% of them would be reskins of existing cars

"and the most modern racing cars we've ever featured on the roster"
  • No confirmation of the Ferrari 488 GT3 in Forza Motorsport
  • No confirmation of the Mazda RT-24 P and Onroak DPi in Forza Motorsport
  • No confirmation of the LMP3s (Ligier JSP3200, etc) in Forza Motorsport
  • No confirmation of the Toyota TS050 and 2016 Audi R18 TDI in Forza Motorsport
  • No confirmation of the Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo in Forza Motorsport
  • No confirmation of the Audi R8 LMS Evo (or Evo II) in Forza Motorsport
  • No confirmation of the Ligier JSP217 in Forza Motorsport
  • No confirmation of the LMDH/LMH cars in Forza Motorsport
  • No confirmation of the BMW M4 GT3 in Forza Motorsport
  • No confirmation of the Porsche 991.2 GT3 R in Forza Motorsport
  • No confirmation of the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 in Forza Motorsport
  • Think of a lot more missed cars.
Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

I have little to no hope for the car list, assuming that they'd focus more on modern GT racers over classic race cars.

So far, 105/500+ cars are confirmed.

Last edited:
I'm curios about the physics. I hope they will be much more realistic as FM7. Especially GT cars were awful in 7. Fingers crossed.

Thats not true man, i didn't check the BMW but on other cars that i compared some time ago the head lights and read lights where higher quality in photomode vs gameplay.
car7-2.jpg
OK, fair enough :)

But still wl, when the rest of FM8 looks so good flaws like the lights of certain cars pop even more at least imo.

My guess on tracks will be,

1. Kyalami
2. Sukuza
3. Mid Ohio
4. Spa
5. Nurburgring
6. Monza
7. Silverstone
8. Bathurst
9. Hakone
10. Le Mans
11. Laguna Seca
12. Circuit of the Americas
13. Interlagos
14. Mosport
15. Zandvoort
16. Abu Dhabi
17. Maple Valley
18. Sebring - Maybe
19. Imola - Maybe
20. Bahrain - Maybe
Brands Hatch reads your lists and says: "I'm inevitable"

"Forza Motorsport will bring the most Modern Racing Cars in a game"
  • No news of a 488 GT3
  • No news of the AMG GT3 Evo/R8 LMS Evo
  • No news of a Ligier JSP230/LMP3s
  • No news about LMDH/LMH cars
  • No news about the 2020s F1 cars (hopefully, Magic Alonso's 2022 Alpine/2023 AM would be there)

insert Chris Esaki's face, painted like a clown
At least we got the 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT3 confirmed for the game. F1 cars are harder to license, given the EA Sports has the exclusive license to that.

I'm curios about the physics. I hope they will be much more realistic as FM7. Especially GT cars were awful in 7. Fingers crossed.

OK, fair enough :)

But still wl, when the rest of FM8 looks so good flaws like the lights of certain cars pop even more at least imo.
Your right tho, GT series had always had the best head and rear light detail. Even GT5 had some crazy detailed lights that where ahead of there time.

190E headlights in FM4, FM7 and FM8
sebZM0Y.jpg
Yeah **** like this sticks out instantly when everything else looks soo good. I hope they fix those bad model detail because it looks really ugly.

The game doesn't bother me, it's free on game pass so I'll play/try it either way. I'm more annoyed that they didn't announce the release date for the game pass family tier for the uk which I was hoping they did so I could convert my remaining years, now I've got to buy it separately for my boys again as theirs run out 2 days ago.

Last edited:
@AlexOnTheFly What i find weird is that the lights looked much much better on Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 3 which begs the question that its maybe not the final build of those car model. They said it was not finished yet so there is hope.

Edit. photoshoped photo of FH4 BMW so i deleted it.

FM5
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Same car models, same shaders and lightning issues. Why lie that they completely redone car paint shader based on real world data if it’s obvious that they not? It looks like forza 6 but with ray tracing.
Shaders and lighting looked significantly better. The paint shaders looked literally insane.

edit.
3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
On the one hand, it looks and sounds very good to me. Looking forward to the time of day and weather options. Dirt build up looks very nice.

On the other hand, I'm kind of disappointed by the the car and location count. For cars, they said 500 cars with 100 new to Forza. Whilst 100 new cars is good, it means "only" 400 returning. FM7 contained over 850 cars including DLC, so we're losing more than half of those. Hopefully (again, personal preference) we'll see a lot of those return as they get rescanned and rebuilt. Similarly, the location count of returning circuits from FM7 is also halved - from a personal point of view, I hope the majority of those are the real-life locations.

Also disappointed that there's still no release date, although note the Geoff Keighley tweet saying before the end of June, which I guess would still kinda count as Spring. I guess I'd got it in my head it might be March or April!
Not holding my breath. Just from the trailer, the Countach & S7 look like the same age-old models.
Nice 360 era headlights on the BMW M3 and the Mercedes 190e...
View attachment 1225632
GT7: Hold my beer...
View attachment 1225634
Been a long time since I've seen a screen grab put up against a photomode shot. :lol:
"Forza Motorsport will bring the most Modern Racing Cars in a game"
  • No news of a 488 GT3
  • No news of the AMG GT3 Evo/R8 LMS Evo
  • No news of a Ligier JSP230/LMP3s
  • No news about LMDH/LMH cars
  • No news about the 2020s F1 cars (hopefully, Magic Alonso's 2022 Alpine/2023 AM would be there)

insert Chris Esaki's face, painted like a clown
They didn't show these cars, so the developer is a clown even though he said there's over 100 new cars. Sound reasoning right there....

LMDH/LMH cars are just now coming to fruition in real world racing. Modern F1 cars are incredibly difficult to license.
@AlexOnTheFly What i find weird is that the lights looked much much better on Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 3 which begs the question that its maybe not the final build of those car model. They said it was not finished yet so there is hope.

FH4
Forza-Horizon-4-M3-E30.png

FM5
maxresdefault.jpg
The Horizon shot is on PC w/ a mod or photoshopped, though.

All this talk of “poor car modelling” doesn’t say “Oh man the graphics are bad” to me but rather “this is probably heavily LoDded to hit the resolution/framerate target of the trailer, which means they’re still several months away from completion”.

I would expect the final model quality of every car to be at least as good as Forza Horizon 5 when the game launches, given that most of the non-racecar models will likely come from Forza Horizon 5 in the first place.

The paint shaders looked literally insane.

4.jpg
Indeed. I've owned three and I had no idea that the plastic rear bumper and plate surround, aluminium boot lid, and steel body were all made of the same thing, that the light units were literally watercolour-painted mirrors, or that the wheels were made from modelling clay and sprayed with silver Plasticote.

Live and learn, and all that.

(although that is by far the worst-looking car in the whole trailer)

Last edited:
So...I have a few issues:

1. Promising ray-traced reflections while running at 4K/60fps. Seems a tall order for modern consoles. PC I can see, but not consoles. Then again, I'm not entirely sure they mentioned those settings were running together at the same time, so Forza could have a 30fps ray-traced mode. So we'll see.

2. There's the "we built everything from the ground up" commit, but people said they spotted older, jankier models from older games. But there's a while before the game comes out, so those could go away.

3. Yeah, they ditched the Xbox One...but they sort of haven't. They haven't entirely ditched their old engine, obviously, just upgraded it, and they're still swapping models between Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport, which...I honestly think they should stop doing. And I know that's a hot take, but...they're different genres of racing games, and...yeah, that's my opinion. Also, the Series S is still holding them back slightly.

4. I blame this on Forza Horizon 5 and Forza Motorsport 7, but...I am still not super excited about this game. I should be. I really should be, but...Turn 10 just hasn't impressed me with anything. I mean, also, Forza 7's trailers were all full of lies, and I'm sort of fear FM8'...or FM23 (seriously, stop titling reboots the same as the first game. It's just confusing and we're gonna add a number to the end, anyway, just add the number) is going to be more of the same. I'm not gonna bother with the Ultimate Edition until I've played and can go "Alright, I'll drop $100 on this." But it's not looking promising. Look, fancy graphics can only get you so far.

1. Promising ray-traced reflections while running at 4K/60fps. Seems a tall order for modern consoles. PC I can see, but not consoles. Then again, I'm not entirely sure they mentioned those settings were running together at the same time, so Forza could have a 30fps ray-traced mode. So we'll see.
They'll most likely use FSR so it won't be native 4K
2. There's the "we built everything from the ground up" commit, but people said they spotted older, jankier models from older games. But there's a while before the game comes out, so those could go away.
According to the press release, only the shaders are built from the ground up, so most likely all the models are exactly the same as previous games
We’re building our materials and shaders from the ground up for a cutting-edge ray tracing experience, while our car paints are sourced using a spectrophotometer to give each paint coating a significantly more realistic light response across colors, metal flake and gloss levels.

It would be quite disappointing if they decide to not upgrade the car models, especially given how fast storage is (especially with direct storage) and relatively cheaper now

We see with so many sequels that are supposed to be built from the ground up. The people on the dev team seem nice, but I'd feel kind of bad embracing that message when in reality, they are just updating code.

The trailer and press release had some really weird wording. The amount of buzzwords they threw in throughout was ludicrous

The advancements in our physics model are greater than Forza Motorsport 5, 6, and 7 combined
What does that even mean??

It sort of makes me think it was half written using GPT-3 or something. Which wouldn't be too out of this world considering Microsoft has injected a ton of money into OpenAI after laying off so many employees

Back