Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,243 comments
There is something weird about the way they announced the 20 environments on launch thing instead of 20 tracks. Could it be like 20 different countries or locations for example
  • Japan: Circuit Hakone, Suzuka Circuit & Fujimi Kaido
  • America: Maple Valley Raceway, Daytona International Speedway, Circuit of the Americas & WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Uk: Silverstone & Brands Hatch
  • Spain: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
  • Belgium: Spa Francorchamps
  • France: Circuit de la sarthe
  • Germany: Hockenheim-Ring & Nurburgring

[...] I have this irrational desire for Motorsport to focus on the big endurance tracks and the ability to properly race for longer durations.
That would be nice.

Otherwise all their talk about dynamic dirt buildup, damage etc. is effectively useless if the game is full of 3 lap sprints.

To add to this, I hope there are many tools in the game that properly teach people how to drive and how to race.
Again, no point in having various features if you're going to get punted off at Turn 1 most of the time.

You are probably right, it's just that in a world where Horizon gives us small roads, short circuits and short duration events I have this irrational desire for Motorsport to focus on the big endurance tracks and the ability to properly race for longer durations. It maximises it's value compared to the bigger and showier cousin.
I agree about properly using the endurance stuff and really hope they are willing to give us the control to create races like that, from more precise weather control to time of day start/end points or time of day scaling. In the past though, T10 hasn't been too open/aware of giving us choice, from not allowing us to hand-pick AI to not even being able to choose what time of day setting we get in FM7 at the tracks where there are several.

I'd personally like to see a good mixture of tracks instead of just the "big ones" though. I'm not exactly what sure what you mean by "big endurance tracks" whether you mean "big" as in well known/popular, or as in size, but either way I'd like a mix. While FM7 has a pretty solid track list from a quality standpoint, it is sorely lacking small tracks that work much better for slow/small cars. Sure, we have a few short variants of tracks but from my experience those don't seem too popular in the community, and several of the short variants don't have a pitlane. The only good short track we have is Lime Rock, so I'd like to see them grab a few more.

Surely people will shout "Tsukuba!" but I personally never enjoyed it beyond GT nostalgia, but places like Knockhill, Knutstorp, or even slightly larger but still smaller feeling tracks like Oulton Park, would all add valuable circuits that really suit track days and production car racing better than big tracks do, as well as just adding general variety for the experience.

It also adds a little more to learn too, one of my favorite things in racing games is discovering/learning new tracks, so I think it's more fun to see lesser known venues than ones that I've driven in many other games.

Last edited:
AFAIK, FH5's team credits mentions a license with the SRO Motorsports Group (the organizers for the Intercontinental and Fanatec GT Challenges, GT4, FIA GT1, GT3, BPR Global GT Series, etc.) and the SCCA (Trans-Am).

Also, here are the mentions of racing teams that I can find in the same team credits:
  • Nett Motorsport
  • Park Place Motorsports
  • Jimco Racing (prolly more focused on Horizon 5)
  • Kind Racing Company
  • Keoracing EPS

So, take your guesses on which of their cars may appear in FM.

Honestly, the more I think about this. I hope this is the only game for this generation and all they do is continually add cars/tracks/content to it, including the 30-40 cars that need to be redone. Unless there is a huge leap in technology that would benefit a new "built from the ground up" game, having a strong base game and just adding content sounds good. There wouldn't be a need for a "Forza Motorsport 2" if they did it in this way.

Last edited:
Honestly, the more I think about this. I hope this is the only game for this generation and all they do is continually add cars/tracks/content to it, including the 30-40 cars that need to be redone. Unless there is a huge leap in technology that would benefit a new "built from the ground up" game, having a strong base game and just adding content sounds good. There wouldn't be a need for a "Forza Motorsport 2" if they did it in this way.
Looking at the the dev talks they've had on forza monthly, it seems they're aiming for support till the end of this console generation.

Looking at the the dev talks they've had on forza monthly, it seems they're aiming for support till the end of this console generation.
And like I mentioned before, I really hope they do a content production model similar to GT Sport and GT7 where cars and tracks are added for free as part of game updates, and that they step up on how many they produce, whether it's a mix of new-to-Forza, new-to-Motorsport or returning cars entirely.

AFAIK, FH5's team credits mentions a license with the SRO Motorsports Group (the organizers for the Intercontinental and Fanatec GT Challenges, GT4, FIA GT1, GT3, BPR Global GT Series, etc.) and the SCCA (Trans-Am).

Also, here are the mentions of racing teams that I can find in the same team credits:
  • Nett Motorsport
  • Park Place Motorsports
  • Jimco Racing (prolly more focused on Horizon 5)
  • Kind Racing Company
  • Keoracing EPS

So, take your guesses on which of their cars may appear in FM.
Unless another one has cropped up (outside IMSA), I can tell you with 100% certainty this means nothing anymore. If you didn't see a sign of them in the game up to now, you won't in the future.

Last edited:
And like I mentioned before, I really hope they do a content production model similar to GT Sport and GT7 where cars and tracks are added for free as part of game updates, and that they step up on how many they produce, whether it's a mix of new-to-Forza, new-to-Motorsport or returning cars entirely.
It is 100% going to be live services with new (and returning) cars + tracks. I hope they do schedule them well, and not like FH5.

How much you wanna bet the Feb. monthly rolls around and FM isn't even on the schedule?
I'm guessing information will be sparse until we get a release date so it not being on the schedule is probably a safe bet.

You are probably right, it's just that in a world where Horizon gives us small roads, short circuits and short duration events I have this irrational desire for Motorsport to focus on the big endurance tracks and the ability to properly race for longer durations. It maximises it's value compared to the bigger and showier cousin.
You could change the race length in FM7's career mode at least.

I doubt cars and and tracks will be free, and dont expect many new tracks after launch, previous motorsports baraly had any new tracks after launch just cars,

I doubt cars and and tracks will be free, and dont expect many new tracks after launch, previous motorsports baraly had any new tracks after launch just cars,
Forza Motorsport 7 had at least 1 free car every update (24 free cars total), pretty sure FM6 did as well, FM6 had 2 new circuits post launch and FM5 had 3. Tracks aren't always a given but not unheard of, the 3 in FM5 were free and in FM6 they were part of the expansions (Porsche and NASCAR) which were paid.

Forza Motorsport 7 had at least 1 free car every update (24 free cars total), pretty sure FM6 did as well, FM6 had 2 new circuits post launch and FM5 had 3. Tracks aren't always a given but not unheard of, the 3 in FM5 were free and in FM6 they were part of the expansions (Porsche and NASCAR) which were paid.
T10 has seen how GT7, crew 2, FH4 &5 use live service. I'm sure they are going to follow the same procedure (which is a step above what fm7 was doing, because fm7 was mostly being fixed up throughout its life cycle). 2 to 4 cars every month, occasionally a track (which I think is a given, as they hinted at this back during fm7, and the fact that they are starting with 20) Along with QOL and balancing. They will have themed events too, aside from the car dlc. They will probably avoid DLC tracks.

Last edited:
The big problem with paid DLC tracks is that it gives very bad vibes in multiplayer - they can't use them in the lobbies if some players won't be able to race on them. Yet the people who do own them badly want to play them in multiplayer, obviously.

The only real way to avoid this is to make the tracks free. As I'm sure they know. It's just a question of whether the bean counter overlords are willing to accept this.

What's better, a live service Forza Motorsport that you buy once and over time it grows?

Or buying a new Forza Motorsport every two years and "earning" the same cars all over again?
I certainly don't view live service as a bad thing. Especially when it's done well. It can indefinitely extend the life of a game. Look at Horizon 5 and heck even Horizon 4, still going.

Horizon 4 and 5 are great games, but i find them both boring, after a while, running around same small map for years becomes boring in my opinion they would benefit from a map expansion, adding more cars dosen’t help for me, many cars they add are models they have keep recycling since 360 era, if the models was reworked i would have liked it much more,

Last edited:
The big problem with paid DLC tracks is that it gives very bad vibes in multiplayer - they can't use them in the lobbies if some players won't be able to race on them. Yet the people who do own them badly want to play them in multiplayer, obviously.

The only real way to avoid this is to make the tracks free. As I'm sure they know. It's just a question of whether the bean counter overlords are willing to accept this.
I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but they have an interesting history with this that makes it hard to predict what they will do.

In FM4 the Nurburgring GP pack was paid DLC and T10 said they weren't happy with how it turned out, as it couldn't be used in multiplayer hoppers or implemented into career mode stuff without upsetting people who didn't buy it, and that they would make track DLC free next time... which they did actually do with FM5 and the 3 tracks for it.

Unfortunately, for FM6 they flipped again and made the 2 tracks paid DLC, but not just as individual items for $5 or something, they buried them in themed $20 packs that included cars lots of players wouldn't be interested in, but had to buy just to get the tracks.

I hope they clarify what post-release content will look like... Cutting down to 20 tracks is a big blow to the series, especially for those who play constantly for multiplayer and organized racing. I won't be surprised if they don't tell us anything though, or if they only add like 2 tracks.
What's better, a live service Forza Motorsport that you buy once and over time it grows?

Or buying a new Forza Motorsport every two years and "earning" the same cars all over again?
I think that depends on how good of a job they do with the game at launch and how willing they are to actually improve things and add new tracks, or if they basically just add cars and kinda neglect everything else. If they nail everything at a fundamental level, the physics, the tire/fuel strategy implementation, the draft, the penalty system and so on, then as long as they are adding tracks too then yeah it can fit with the live service model well.

If they don't nail everything and miss out on core features like they have in the past, then at least then we had a "eh maybe in the next game 2 years from now" reason to be hopeful. If the game is going onto a longer cycle, then knowing we will be stuck without things or with glitches or missing features for even longer isn't great really.

I just hate the idea of the same weekly playlist nonsense from FH4/5 with repetitive arbitrary "challenges" and a bunch of timed exclusive cars that we can only earn 1 of unless we grind for credits to try to snipe one in the auction house. I really hope they come up with a better system with more freedom in how you play to earn things. They should reward you for playing the game in general, not only for driving a certain brand at a certain track in a certain mode or whatever.

Last edited:
Horizon 4 and 5 are great games, but i find them both boring, after a while, running around same small map for years becomes boring in my opinion they would benefit from a map expansion, adding more cars dosen’t help for me, many cars they add are models they have keep recycling since 360 era, if the models was reworked i would have liked it much more,
Forza series has added more new cars (new to the franchise) since 2012 than any other franchise (GT,NFS,Dirt,PC). Just look at FM5,FH2,FM6,FH3,FM7,FH4 and FH5 and see how many cars where added on those games that where not in the 360 games. There are even more cars in Forza Motorsport 7 that are post 2012 than the entire car list of some games.

Forza series has added more new cars (new to the franchise) since 2012 than any other franchise (GT,NFS,Dirt,PC). Just look at FM5,FH2,FM6,FH3,FM7,FH4 and FH5 and see how many cars where added on those games that where not in the 360 games. There are even more cars in Forza Motorsport 7 that are post 2012 than the entire car list of some games.

At launch fh5 barely had any new cars over fh4, they have been new cars after release, but when it first launched there was almost no new car campared to previous game. But my point is still, new cars can only do so much, and will not be worth much if you running around the same map for years in my opinion

Last edited:
At launch fh5 barely had any new cars over fh4, they have been new cars after release, but when it first launched there was almost no new car campared to previous game. But my point is still, new cars can only do so much, and will not be worth much if you running around the same map for years in my opinion
That's why it will be a combination of new tracks and cars. They talked about it for FM7 (planning to add tracks) but instead built a method to make newer tracks faster.

"Is there news on the IMSA partnership? “This is really about track content. So the IMSA partnership. we’re definitely looking at this for the future as something we want to go pretty deeply into. With track content, and specifically the licensed tracks for a full IMSA series, that’s a lot of work. Our tracks take a long time to build and it’s a lot of money. While that’s no excuse to not do them, once again this is a trade-off. Everything has to be looked at as a trade-off at this point. Does it go into FM7 or do we invest in the future? So we’ve had the track team for a long time now investing in the tools and technology that would help us ship more tracks, newer tracks, newer types of tracks for the future with a lot of new technology in them. The call was made: are we going to have IMSA tracks, or are we going to have a whole wildly new way of building tracks that are better for our players for the future so the next product will be all that we hope it can be? It was a hard call. We chose to invest in our future and make sure the next product has some of these truly authentic motorsport experiences either from a licensed series [IMSA, WEC, etc, or other]. These are things we absolutely want to bring in a much more authentic way, with the actual cars and tracks so we can actually bring series to Motorsport, and bring a more motorsport experience to Motorsport is certainly what we’re looking at for the future.” - July 2019

Idk how much covid affected track scanning/building, but they've built 20 tracks (for FM) with weather and day/night since then.

Also to your point, FH2 barely had any new cars over FH1 +DLC, FH3 barely had any new cars over FH2 + DLC and soo on till FH5 had barely any new cars compared to FH4 + DLC + Live Service. Same goes for All FMs, That's how they always operate. It leads to a massive library of cars that is unrivalled by any other modern competitor.

Well thats funny because i play on the same tracks for almost 20 years now on different games (GT, FM, PGR,...). The ring, Silverstone, Laguna,.... All those tracks where on games released 15+ years ago and still been featured in newer games. And i still love to drive on them till this date. And Forza Horizon games have been getting new maps every 2 year since they release new games every 2 year (outside the 3 years for FH5). And there are also new smaller maps on the DLC's since FH2 so how is that a problem? And the map is nowhere near small in FH5. There is no game that has a map this detailed at this size. The crew 2 has the biggest map but its the same map from the first game thats been used for years now. And its nowhere near as detailed or dense as Forza's map.

Also what @nukleabomb said
That's why it will be a combination of new tracks and cars. They talked about it for FM7 (planning to add tracks) but instead built a method to make newer tracks faster.

"Is there news on the IMSA partnership? “This is really about track content. So the IMSA partnership. we’re definitely looking at this for the future as something we want to go pretty deeply into. With track content, and specifically the licensed tracks for a full IMSA series, that’s a lot of work. Our tracks take a long time to build and it’s a lot of money. While that’s no excuse to not do them, once again this is a trade-off. Everything has to be looked at as a trade-off at this point. Does it go into FM7 or do we invest in the future? So we’ve had the track team for a long time now investing in the tools and technology that would help us ship more tracks, newer tracks, newer types of tracks for the future with a lot of new technology in them. The call was made: are we going to have IMSA tracks, or are we going to have a whole wildly new way of building tracks that are better for our players for the future so the next product will be all that we hope it can be? It was a hard call. We chose to invest in our future and make sure the next product has some of these truly authentic motorsport experiences either from a licensed series [IMSA, WEC, etc, or other]. These are things we absolutely want to bring in a much more authentic way, with the actual cars and tracks so we can actually bring series to Motorsport, and bring a more motorsport experience to Motorsport is certainly what we’re looking at for the future.” - July 2019

Idk how much covid affected track scanning/building, but they've built 20 tracks (for FM) with weather and day/night since then.

Also to your point, FH2 barely had any new cars over FH1 +DLC, FH3 barely had any new cars over FH2 + DLC and soo on till FH5 had barely any new cars compared to FH4 + DLC + Live Service. Same goes for All FMs, That's how they always operate. It leads to a massive library of cars that is unrivalled by any other modern competitor.

I hope they do new tracks becouse 20 track enviroments is not a lot, fm7 didin’t have single new track after release, either but with so fre Tracks you would hope for more, i am still yet to be excited for next forza motorsport

I hope they do new tracks becouse 20 track enviroments is not a lot, fm7 didin’t have single new track after release, either but with so fre Tracks you would hope for more, i am still yet to be excited for next forza motorsport
I agree, they definitely need more tracks than just 20. I'm sure they will add more over time like GT7 does, it just needs to be in a timely manner.

Back