Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,243 comments
Guys, do you think Forza Motorsport Reboot will end up being a Simcade when it releases, just like Gran Turismo 7?
Depends what you define as simcade. Which is still the worst term in racing games btw. Forza has generally always had more advanced tyre modelling and better Motorsport simulation than GT. So it may well end up being stronger than GT7 in those aspects. From a driving perspective, we won't know until we play.

Forza motorsport absolutly lean more to arcade than gran turismo, at least if we campare fm7 with gt7, the new forza motorsport dont look like any simulation campared to racing sims you have on pc, neither is gt7, i doubt it will be that much better in terms of physics, its just talk from turn 10 devs, but no proof to back it up, the fact is gran turismo has coming a longer way to create better online racing and more real racing drivers, and the fact that turn 10 and microsoft dont aim for vr, prooves that they dont go all in like pretty much all simtitles does on pc, including gt7 on ps5 that have full vr support, but just like gt7 the next forza motorsport will be simcade i am sure of it, they wont get any near ac and iracing e.t.c when it comes to simulation

Last edited:
Hopefully a time frame of when this game is released I understand the frustration of lack of news as maybe the team is maybe all hands on deck

Depends what you define as simcade. Which is still the worst term in racing games btw. Forza has generally always had more advanced tyre modelling and better Motorsport simulation than GT. So it may well end up being stronger than GT7 in those aspects. From a driving perspective, we won't know until we play.
Oh, I was meant to bring up the handling model wise and I would like to see GT and Forza Motorsport copy each other off in order to improve.
Forza motorsport absolutly lean more to arcade than gran turismo, at least if we campare fm7 with gt7, the new forza motorsport dont look like any simulation campared to racing sims you have on pc, neither is gt7, i doubt it will be that much better in terms of physics, its just talk from turn 10 devs, but no proof to back it up, the fact is gran turismo has coming a longer way to create better online racing and more real racing drivers, and the fact that turn 10 and microsoft dont aim for vr, prooves that they dont go all in like pretty much all simtitles does on pc, including gt7 on ps5 that have full vr support, but just like gt7 the next forza motorsport will be simcade i am sure of it, they wont get any near ac and iracing e.t.c when it comes to simulation
Why is it such a good idea for the Forza Motorsport series to feel more arcade than the Gran Turismo series?

Overall, the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport series' handling wise are not as realistic as iRacing, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Automobilista 2, rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom & rFactor.

Edit: Assetto Corsa Competizione is still the best racing game available for the PS5 and Xbox Series X in my opinion.

Last edited:
Oh, I was meant to bring up the handling model wise and I would like to see GT and Forza Motorsport copy each other off in order to improve.

Why is it such a good idea for Forza Motorsport to feel more arcade than the Gran Turismo series?

Overall, the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport series' handling wise are not as realistic as iRacing, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Automobilista 2, rFactor 2 Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom & rFactor.

Thats correct, the sims on pc has more realistic physics model than both gran turismo and forza motorsport, but that only apply if you are playing With a wheel, gran turismo and forza motorsport aims for much wider audience, so they proably never can go all in on simulation, becouse their is still a lot of controller users, you have much wider selection of cars campared to the pc sims, so it would also be more difficult to simulate right, to me gran turismo has slighly better physics for the cars campared forza motorsport,
But neither is bad in this aspect, i dont want neither to be like iracing or acc, becouse then i would never be intresting on playing them, the advantages both forza motorsport and gran turismo have is a lot more freedom on what you can do in the game, ac is the best sim for me on pc, it offers so much mods, it would not be the same without it, thats why it not that great on consoles, one thing that i have to give forza motorsport credit for is drag racing their are in a league on their own in this aspect, things like drag tyres and wider tyres is thing i would like to see in gran turismo to.

I disagree, but there's a whole thread for this discussion where it's been done to death. Ultimately to me, neither can claim to be the most realistic driver experience, and are probably actually about level which eachother as both have things the other doesn't.

I disagree, but there's a whole thread for this discussion where it's been done to death. Ultimately to me, neither can claim to be the most realistic driver experience, and are probably actually about level which eachother as both have things the other doesn't.

Yes i can agree that both series has advantages and disandvantages, i would still say both are proably the most simular racing games series on market with both have big focus on collecting and upgrading cars, most other racing games has much less cars, i know you can get ac with tons of car mods, but i never feel the same way as they do when their is cars added by the devs, i think its just a matter of preference between the two, offen people cant play both and they need to hate the other, witch i find is very retarded, i prefer gran turismo but i still enjoy forza to and have play both series for long time,

Forza Motorsport will be focusing on playing well with the controller first and foremost, just like always. And because probably 95% of their player base doesn't and won't ever own a wheel this is absolutely the right call. Wheel support will be there to tick check boxes, but the realism can't go too far because it has to be fair racing between controller users and wheel users. Unlike GT, you will never hear "Forza Motorsport is much better with the wheel", because that goes counter to their primary goal.

This approach is fine by me. I can play all of the PC sims when I have a wheel handy, but for those times chilling on the couch with a controller the PC sims are terrible to play, whereas Forza has just enough predictive magic in their controller support to be a lot of fun to drive even with the controller. This will definitely not change with FM8.

Last edited:
They have already confirmed

- Qualifying and Pit Stops
- New tire physics with 48x more fidelity than FM7 - 8 pt contact x 360hz refresh rate
- Soft, Medium, Hard compound racing tires
- Dynamic weather and time of day on every track

These are great improvements over previous titles.

What am I hoping for? PER CAR ASSISTS. This is huge.

Forza up until now has used global assists, and we are encouraged to disable TC and ABS. Which disables it on every car.

But guess what? GT3 race cars use ABS and TC! In real life!

This is why in the past every car in Forza "feels the same" to some people. Because every car has TC and ABS disabled. This means practically all modern cars in Forza handle wrong.

They NEED to make this change to be on a PER CAR BASIS. So that cars actually handle unique and more like they do in real life. Turn 10 I hope you are listening!

- New tire physics with 48x more fidelity than FM7 - 8 pt contact x 360hz refresh rate

Forza up until now has used global assists, and we are encouraged to disable TC and ABS. Which disables it on every car.

This is why in the past every car in Forza "feels the same" to some people. Because every car has TC and ABS disabled. This means practically all modern cars in Forza handle wrong.

They NEED to make this change to be on a PER CAR BASIS. So that cars actually handle unique and more like they do in real life. Turn 10 I hope you are listening!

According to this image, we have a great chance of that happening.

forza-motorsport-image-2.jpg

Honestly, If they can't put all of these possible adjustments in a compelling GAME mechanic, I'm just not interested. Other than fiddling with fuel capacity and tyre pressures, I didn't touch anything else in PC2, and as a casual gamer I shouldn't have to do that to enjoy the game (That's why I'm really enjoying PC3 now).

Was a cool feature in Assetto Corsa, made each car feel a bit more real and increased the simulation factor nicely.

How do you compare the game with real driving ? I never have the expericens on racing cars.

Another simple way for references is considering which game the real racing team picks up as a training(simulation) tool .

the key point for me is when will FM8 release, so we can hand on and taste it.

A release date would be nice to hear, really any new piece of information would be nice though. It's looking like they're gonna make us wait more months again unfortunately. Perhaps my grandchildren will be able to play the game when it comes out in 2083?

There's nothing in that image that tells me there's a chance.
It just should just be an option in the Tuning menu.

It would be so easy to implement without disrupting what people expect from Forza. Beginners and those wanting an easier time can still have it globally On, and if you disable it globally, you can still enable it per car in the tuning menu. Then you could have different tunes with it enabled or disabled depending on weather conditions or whatever. So when Spa in the rain comes up you just select the tune with TCS on.

This seems to me like it would be super easy to implement with literally no downside and a ton of upside.

And on that note they really need to get rid of the limit on number of tunes that can be saved.

A release date would be nice to hear, really any new piece of information would be nice though. It's looking like they're gonna make us wait more months again unfortunately. Perhaps my grandchildren will be able to play the game when it comes out in 2083?
They'll be able to play it when Forza Motorsport simulates the later half of the F3600 League, with the game being yet again...

...built from the ground up.

Last edited:
Hopefully when FM8 does drop in 2043, we'll be able to port our paints from fm7 or fh5. I'd hate to redo all the paints I spent hours on.
Honestly as bad as it may sound I really hope that isn't the case as it would mean we are stuck with fundamentally the same livery editor we've had since FM1.

Plus I really don't think a good purging of the storefront would be the worst thing in the world.

Hopefully when FM8 does drop in 2043, we'll be able to port our paints from fm7 or fh5. I'd hate to redo all the paints I spent hours on.
Despite the editor’s many weaknesses, I agree. If I can’t import my previous logos/designs, I won’t start over. Took me years to build up what I’ve got right now 😅

1679102539359.png

Sigh..another "Stay tuned". I really wanna think this means they'll talk about the game soon but it'll probably be a 3 month wait.

Its a joke really, the game was showed first time 3 years ago and since then they barely showed us anything, all they do is just talking, and make bold claims, to be honest i am looking more forward to ac2 at this point, specially if it allows mods if i going to pick between the 2 on pc it would proably be ac2

Last edited:
View attachment 1240200
Sigh..another "Stay tuned". I really wanna think this means they'll talk about the game soon but it'll probably be a 3 month wait.

Were you really expecting what would be a rather big piece of info in response to a random forum post? :confused:

I'm as annoyed by the silence as anyone but some people really are not handling it well. We know the date of Microsoft's next big press event, June 11, that will most likely be when we get more info. They aren't going to diminish that event just to appease the internet for .5 seconds.

Maybe someone should let them know that the longer they delay info, the more we have to put up with "this game is gonna suuuuuuuuck" whining.
People are going to whine either way since whenever they do release more info it won't be what some people want and they will be irrationally vocal about it.

People are going to whine either way since whenever they do release more info it won't be what some people want and they will be irrationally vocal about it.
This is what I hate about the gaming community nowadays. God forbid you enjoy something, if you do you’re a shill who’s been paid by Microsoft to say good things about them.
Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days when we were allowed to like things.

This is what I hate about the gaming community nowadays. God forbid you enjoy something, if you do you’re a shill who’s been paid by Microsoft to say good things about them.
Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days when we were allowed to like things.
Funnily enough even the most broken and lacklustre games become significantly more enjoyable if stayed away from forums. I should know, I played FM7 on the base xbox one for over a year before i switched to pc.

Back