Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,246 comments
I mean if they're talking preorder information and such then that's relatively promising.
If they’re taking preorders then I believe the game will release within 6 months.

As far as I’m aware, you can’t put a preorder up on a console store more than 6 months in advance.

Maybe it’s different for a first party since Microsoft deals with it, but preorders being open does imply things are relatively close.

My guess is early September.

Last edited:
Were you really expecting what would be a rather big piece of info in response to a random forum post? :confused:

I'm as annoyed by the silence as anyone but some people really are not handling it well. We know the date of Microsoft's next big press event, June 11, that will most likely be when we get more info. They aren't going to diminish that event just to appease the internet for .5 seconds.

People are going to whine either way since whenever they do release more info it won't be what some people want and they will be irrationally vocal about it.
I'm really not expecting a "Stay tuned!! also here's the entire car list:" from a random forum post, I just want a concrete "Yeah hey, we're gonna make you wait three more months so don't get your hopes up" instead of this constant stay tuned coming months crap. It's played out.

I'm really not expecting a "Stay tuned!! also here's the entire car list:" from a random forum post, I just want a concrete "Yeah hey, we're gonna make you wait three more months so don't get your hopes up" instead of this constant stay tuned coming months crap. It's played out.
Max likely can’t give that answer either, or at the very least shouldn’t.

There are many things I have answers to (for the games I work on, not Forza), but for various reasons can’t/shouldn’t reply with.

Games have comms plans and certain key pieces of information can’t be revealed ahead of time. It’s frustrating on all sides but in most cases it’s better than the alternative: promising something and then realising that it can’t happen, thus “walking back” your comments.

edit: He replied in the thread with more detail 🙂

Accurate as usual! We have multiple channels, and if we had something new approved to say, you’d see it on all of them. If we don’t, you won’t.

FWIW, we discuss player frustration over communications every week, because that analysis is the Community Team’s role. We’re well aware that players want more info. We’re also constantly balancing the risk of burnout from overcommunicating the “stay tuned” line when we don’t have anything new to share, vs players who will lose interest without news. Part of the reason I was brought on to the team was my experience as a 24/7 forums member since 2010, and I am always pushing the message that players need information to make informed decisions about their purchases. That’s also why I’m here answering on a weekend when I should be off on R&R. And the forums are now a place of more Team-to-community engagement than they’ve ever been in the past 15+ years.

But I’m also interested in educating players about game development as much as we can without saying too much. “Need more info” is just one element of the entire scope of development and publishing the game. Players should understand that their frustration or choice to walk away is not predictive of what the community will do as a whole. Lack of public information is not evidence of what is happening behind the scenes. And, as I’ve stated before and will continue to state again: community expectations, when fully tallied, will always exceed developer capabilities. We will not be able satisfy everyone’s demands for info or otherwise. When it comes down to it, we’re in a bit of an “are we there yet” backseat driver situation. We’ll get there. When it’s the right time to show what we want to show, we’ll show it, and information doesn’t replace playing the game, which everyone will be able to do when it’s released - which isn’t today. Until then, we thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
Meh, not sure what they've been doing for 6 years, same cars same tracks. Seems like the same as with 343 most of the development time was spent not doing anything specific and then when papa Spencer comes knocking throw a quick game together in 18 months.

Meh, not sure what they've been doing for 6 years, same cars same tracks. Seems like the same as with 343 most of the development time was spent not doing anything specific and then when papa Spencer comes knocking throw a quick game together in 18 months.
While not in the same field, I've been working on a huge project at work myself over the last six months. Before getting to the point where I was involved it's been 12 months of research, funding, tendering, reviews; I've then had to spend a month learning the new systems before getting anywhere near our implementation, I've got 8 years of data to manipulate and re-engineer, I've got over 3000 pieces of learning materials to download, upload, catalogue and rename (and two weeks to do it in), I've got over 600 courses to create, 100 learning programmes, 300 colleague groupings to create, automated emails to programme, and so much more to do - all in two months, on my own - before the end user goes 'huh, that's neat'.

You simply have no idea the work that goes into developing the back end of a piece of work before it's presentable to the end user.

Yes, it's been six years since we had the last iteration of FM, and Microsoft should definitely not have removed FM7 from the storefront, but that doesn't mean T10 been sitting on their hands doing nothing.

What really bothers me about the cars, is that they still have not fixed the poor models, we could be taking about up to 50-100 cars that they have ported over the last 10-15 years, there is even models goes back to fm1 that still has not been rescanned, and when you look at Silvia s15 it really shows, despite of this they still cut content, campared to fm7, if they cars was scanned from scratch i dont think people would complain about it, the forza aero is still in same boat as well its really dissapointing to see the same recycled forza wing yet again it really have not changed since fm3 and that game come out 13 years ago, the work they done to Tracks looks great through, just wish they shared the same love for cars to

Last edited:
What really bothers me about the cars, is that they still have not fixed the poor models, we could be taking about up to 50-100 cars that they have ported over the last 10-15 years, there is even models goes back to fm1 that still has not been rescanned, and when you look at Silvia s15 it really shows, despite of this they still cut content, campared to fm7, if they cars was scanned from scratch i dont think people would complain about it, the forza aero is still in same boat as well its really dissapointing to see the same recycled forza wing yet again it really have not changed since fm3 and that game come out 13 years ago, the work they done to Tracks looks great through, just wish they shared the same love for cars to
In the grand scheme of things this doesn't matter very much. The gameplay and amount of content is what does matter. Unfortunately whatever is causing delays is bringing in more skepticism.

Whatever it is, they better start communicating with the public a lot more. Maybe try and eek some info that isn't "locked down for future use (Xbox showcases)" or maybe expand on preivously announced stuff like AI, FRR, Weather or something. Once the community gains a negative tone, it becomes harder to shake it off, even if there's a lot of good news/features/development to be announced later on.

This is what I hate about the gaming community nowadays. God forbid you enjoy something, if you do you’re a shill who’s been paid by Microsoft to say good things about them.
Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days when we were allowed to like things.
It's both "sides" though. There are just as many that will call people whiners, entitled, miserable, etc and get into combative, condescending arguments with people who aren't impressed/happy/optimistic about a game.

Both "sides" need to watch out with hyperbole and making assumptions. Just because someone thinks a car list sucks (or whatever) doesn't mean they think the whole game will suck, and just because a few people actually do think the game will suck doesn't mean they think you aren't allowed to like it or have fun with it.

We are all guilty of tossing out vague half-serious or sarcastic/facetious comments sometimes forgetting others can't hear our tone or aren't necessarily on the same page in terms of seriousness, so best to focus on the points about the game and not get caught up making assumptions about the commenter's character over it or getting aggressive/condescending with the argument.

Then again, tribal arguments are kinda the way of the world right now so we should probably get used to it.
Whatever it is, they better start communicating with the public a lot more. Maybe try and eek some info that isn't "locked down for future use (Xbox showcases)" or maybe expand on preivously announced stuff like AI, FRR, Weather or something. Once the community gains a negative tone, it becomes harder to shake it off, even if there's a lot of good news/features/development to be announced later on.
Communication has been such a big talking point in the gaming industry for years, that it's getting hard to imagine it getting any better at this point. People are still asking the same questions, and studios keep saying they are "listening to the feedback" and "engaging with the community more" and have "new community teams in place!" but it still feels pretty much the same basically everywhere.

I think part of the problem with this Forza thing is that they are basically treating us like idiots that they can jangle shiny keys in front of to amuse. They just talk about graphics and meaningless technical numbers and repeat a catchline while talking down to us like kindergarten teachers, meanwhile the dedicated players would rather know about the career, what kind of control we have over all the settings to make our own races in free play, how the tire wear and fuel strategy options will work with pit stops, and so on. Speaking to people plainly and like you respect them or think they are equals or whatever generally goes over better than talking down to people while dodging difficult subjects.

I get that some of that stuff isn't finalized and I understand they don't want to have to walk back comments, but after 5 years or whatever, they should have enough of the actual gameplay figured out to give us at least a few little glimpses. I mean we don't need to know exactly how many races there are in career mode or how many laps a set of soft tires will do or whatever, but info about their targets and goals with the changes, how in-depth they go, how they aim to integrate them into the established gameplay and how it will change the player experience would be a good start.

Another game i play the developers were in constant communication with the community, weekly updates and very easy to get in contact with and answer questions. They still got the whining, complaining about what info was given so they cut it to once every month or two. Gaming public isn't worth dealing with on a constant basis, they're going to complain no matter what info you give because there's always going to be questions they can't answer. Sucks for those that appreciate the info, but getting crapped on every time you try release info is mentally draining.

I'm a little worried that two bad sides will possibly happen; lots of cut content AND old 3d models for cars. On top of that, this long developing time so it have to be pretty good in other areas that I'd be happy to pay full money for the game.

Last edited:
If you put yourself in their shoes, then it makes total sense to leave a few lower quality models (which have had their interiors refreshed and new materials added and of course brand new physics and sounds) if the opportunity cost of going back and rescanning them is too high compared to scanning brand new vehicles.

let's say you have 2 choices:
  1. Leave out the old M3, F40 and other mediocre models completely, because the cost of rescanning them is simply too high compared to the value of having them in game
  2. Accept lower quality models for a few cars so that they can be in rather than out
I know what I'd do. I would spend my car scanning budget on modern race and super cars, since those attract players and allow tie-in marketing. E.g. FH5 rally experience which is getting Ford tie-in videos at the moment due to the 2022 Lightning truck.

I appreciate that these older models are a bit less than perfect, but compared to GT5's "standard models" which were blocky and had no interiors the pain of accepting these old models is marginal. To me at least.

How much of T10 helped with other MS projects and for how long is my question……… ……………………….. F8 Location count 🤮

Last edited:
let's say you have 2 choices:
  1. Leave out the old M3, F40 and other mediocre models completely, because the cost of rescanning them is simply too high compared to the value of having them in game
  2. Accept lower quality models for a few cars so that they can be in rather than out

3. Stop making stuff up

Game sounds like a positive step up from FM7. It should come out around the potential release of the new Series consoles. I do hope Microsoft update the controller on console refresh, feedback and triggers feel so low fidelity compared to the competition. It will be interesting to see their naming scheme, will it be SS, XS and potentially XX :lol:. They can gain a lot of performance just boosting the clock speeds on new revision consoles so less need for compromises to hit frame-rate. I do hope if they refresh the Series S, they use GaN PSU for it, they could make it really small. It's going to be so much more a pleasant FM experience this time around with the faster load times and better physics. I remember how big and slow Xbox One was in comparison, kids these days have it so good regarding technology.

Why the game has no release date yet ?
Turn 10 and Microsoft haven’t settled on one they’re willing to share publicly.

Could be for a number of reasons:

• The state of the game’s development, and launch readiness
  • Positioning within the wider gaming landscape, finding the right “gap” between other AAA titles

Last edited:
They compete for players on Gamepass. Microsoft is very interested in bringing new players and not just current players. Plus Crew: Motorfest and TDU will be in that Sept to Dec window.
The June to Sept window will have f1 23 and wrc.
Those are competing to some extent with Forza.

Nope - Different genres, different player base
Plus Microsoft probably wants to have more than one major holiday game (2022 bucked that trend), in addition to keeping subscribers on Game Pass by spreading out releases as others have mentioned.

Last edited:
The date for this month's forza monthly just dropped and none of the motorsport socials are making so much as a peep about it. They're definitely going to make us wait until the big xbox event.

Last edited:
The date for this month's forza monthly just dropped and none of the motorsport socials are making so much as a peep about it. They're definitely going to make us wait until the big xbox event.
This Forza Monthly is also 2 days before the release of FH5's second Expansion, so that will get the full attention from the Livestream.

As expected since they are focusing on the expansion for FH5.
Sounds logical to me. For now it is just a matter of being patient until the showcase in the beginning of June. After that I expect hands on impressions and articles hyping up the game to a release in October/November.

If F8 isn’t released until sometime in November does that make it a Christmas release game that gives it some kind of bragging rights?

If F8 isn’t released until sometime in November does that make it a Christmas release game that gives it some kind of bragging rights?

Id say no. How does it gain bragging rights for being released at Xmas?

Back